Windows 10: security

Discus and support security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How does Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials compare to other security software?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulaBriscoe, Jun 6, 2019.

1. security

How does Windows Defender and Microsoft Security Essentials compare to other security software?

:)

PaulaBriscoe, Jun 6, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jun 6, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

security

1. security - Similar Threads - security

2. What is the best ip security camera app to monitor my cameras?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What is the best ip security camera app to monitor my cameras?: what is the best ip security camera app to monitor my cameras? * Original title: best ip security monitoring app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-ip-security-camera-app-to-monitor/c381220c-969d-4297-be7e-8700d97e5b45"
  3. best ip security monitoring app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    best ip security monitoring app: what is the best ip security camera app to monitor my cameras? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-ip-security-monitoring-app/c381220c-969d-4297-be7e-8700d97e5b45"
  4. secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    secure boot: do i need to disable secure boot before i make a clean install of windows 10, if i make a bootable usb with windows 10 media creation tool 135412
  5. MSEdge vs Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0.1088(e) and (f)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSEdge vs Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0.1088(e) and (f): I currently switched from Google Chrome over to MsEdge. I also use Kaspersky Internet Security. After experiencing innumerable problems from simple things like a sluggish cursor to screen lock up I started searching the forum pages for both products. Seems there is a long...
  6. Windows Security after May 2019 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security after May 2019 update: I've noticed after the May 2019 update, I did not get any notifications from Windows Security and when I opened Windows Security, it just says "Security at a glance". I have tried services but it is set to automatic (delayed start). Is there a problem that caused this?...
  7. OneDrive error - This site can’t provide a secure connection onedrive.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive error - This site can’t provide a secure connection onedrive.: Whichever way I try to get to my OneDrive on-line account I get this error. Could be due to using a new PC or Kaspersky blocking something, but never had this issue before using the same setup. This site can’t provide a secure connection onedrive.live.com uses an unsupported...
  8. Windows 10 Security Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Security Update: Since a recent security update on my Dell machine, I am unable to use any Microsoft app. The PC doesn't load up right. The Desktop is just a black screen now with a few non Microsoft apps like Google Chrome. My weather app (Davis Weatherlink) is locked up, will not boot up,...
  9. My security symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
    My security symbol: My security symbol shows an action needed sign but not what I need to action https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-symbol/7726659f-e6b3-4d33-ab42-647fec00d5b3
  10. TPM Security Processor fails to start.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TPM Security Processor fails to start.: Hello all, I've been experiencing constant problems with my TPM on my device. I use BitLocker Drive Encryption on my Windows Drive therefore upon booting, I'm always prompted to enter the 25 key recovery key. It's always been troubling me and always working for 5 minutes...