Windows 10: Security

Discus and support Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been receiving numerous and frequent telephone calls (yesterday about every 15/20 minutes in the evening) that claim to be from MICROSOFT... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArmandBrandi, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Security

I have been receiving numerous and frequent telephone calls (yesterday about every 15/20 minutes in the evening) that claim to be from MICROSOFT informing me that my system has been hacked by several foreign entities and that my computer id must be changed and that I should press a key to be connected to a technician.

I am not aware that Microsoft makes such direct calls to users and that this must be some sort of scam.

Can you help me with this problem??

:)

ArmandBrandi, Jun 26, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jun 26, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Security

1. Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. Improved Security and Privacy Indicators in Firefox 70

in Windows 10 News
    Improved Security and Privacy Indicators in Firefox 70: The upcoming Firefox 70 release will update the security and privacy indicators in the URL bar. In recent years we have seen a great increase in the number of websites that are delivered securely via HTTPS. At the same time, privacy threats have become more prevalent on the...
  3. Kernel Security Check Failure when I open a browser other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Security Check Failure when I open a browser other than Microsoft Edge: Hi, Everytime I open a browser other than Microsoft Edge, my computer goes into the "Kernel Security Check Failure" blue screen. Do you guys know anyway to fix it? Thanks...
  4. Windows Security Still showing a Threat!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Still showing a Threat!: I had an unknown file downloaded during online browsing, which later had been deleted from my downloads immediately by Microsoft Edge due to smart screen being on, But windows security still shows as threat on the dashboard, when my downloads folder is completely empty...
  5. I can't see (Virus & Threat Protection) Under my Windows 10 Security

I can't see (Virus & Threat Protection) Under my Windows 10 Security: I bought my DELL Inspiron in 2018. It came with 1-year McAfee Subscription. I didn't pay any attention to Windows Security during the past, however, and when I received notification from McAfee informing me that my current subscription is almost due to expire, I've chatted to...
  6. New Google USB-C Titan Security Keys in partnership with Yubico

in Windows 10 News
    New Google USB-C Titan Security Keys in partnership with Yubico: Securing access to online accounts is critical for safeguarding private, financial, and other sensitive data online. Phishing - where an attacker tries to trick you into giving them your username and password - is one of the most common causes of data breaches. To protect...
  7. Windows Security

Windows Security: Hi Whenever I use my outlook account, it asks me to enter password. But I tried many ways, typing lock screen and My personal account(because I signed with my Microsoft personal account) How can I fix this. Here is a screenshot below.[ATTACH]...
  8. devices security

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    devices security: im new to computers and exploring how they work . i came across unknown devices on my dell inpirion laptop windows 10 in device manager and dont know how to find out what they are .should i be concerned or paranoid ....kinda kidding ....thanks for any begginer answers you...
  9. Windows Security - good enough?

Windows Security - good enough?: New to Windows 10 (Pro) ... upgraded from Windows 7 (Pro) then clean-installed W10 on a Dell 660, clearing out all my software in the process. So now I'm trying to decide whether to reinstall 3P virus/malware/firewall/etc. software. Previously was using Kaspersky. Is Windows...
  10. Windows 10 - Windows Security Corrupted (PC was infected with BitCoinMiner Malware)

Windows 10 - Windows Security Corrupted (PC was infected with BitCoinMiner Malware): Hi, My PC has always been protected by Avast Anti Virus and updates its virus definition automatically. One fine day I realized the icon was missing from the task bar and the anti virus was unable to launch. Quickly installed another Anti Virus - AVG Anti Virus and...