Windows 10: security

Discus and support security in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting annoying interruptions in my on line work. and my computer is actually locked until I disconnect and reboot. A message pops up telling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArmandBrandi, Jul 11, 2019.

1. security

I keep getting annoying interruptions in my on line work. and my computer is actually locked until I disconnect and reboot.

A message pops up telling me my computer is locked up and I should click on a link to get back to safety.

It says it is from microsoft, Error message 268d3x8938(3).

MS Malware alert the number to call is 1-844-516-4939

Is this a legitimate notice and is the telephone number an official MS telephone number.

I have run my malware killer and it finds no problems.

:)

ArmandBrandi, Jul 11, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jul 11, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

security

1. security - Similar Threads - security

2. How to uninstall Secured Yahoo Powered ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to uninstall Secured Yahoo Powered ?: Have tried a lot to remove this PUP. Used malwarebytes also but nothing changed. Its not getting unistalled. Have read that it's in the registry. Please help....
  3. kernel security check failure 长期无法解决

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kernel security check failure 长期无法解决: 电脑开机状态,长时间不用,自动休眠后开机,出现kernel security check failure的蓝屏,反复出现一直没有改善 dump 文件 链接:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1kU4rYB6IvExyEJZlkyLPvw 提取码:54r7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernel-security-check-failure/59e5637d-3fc7-4d46-b4f0-aec22b14338c
  4. mouse without borders security key expired

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse without borders security key expired: As in the subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-without-borders-security-key-expired/4a4a87f7-7553-421d-9e78-c3c48b7e81ac
  5. VLC Security Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    VLC Security Vulnerability: ... A serious Vulnerability has been found in the current version of the VLC media player. It can allow an attacker to remotely view and alter data, as well as execute code, on affected systems. VideoLan is working on a fix to be incorporated into the next version of VLC,...
  6. I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't verify my Windows account in settings or setup Account Protection in Windows Security: Two Problems: 1. Whenever I try to verify my Windows account in setting a blank-black popup appears that never loads 2. When I try to setup Windows Hello under account protection in Windows Security, nothing pops up when I click the 'Set up' button 1:[ATTACH]2:[ATTACH]...
  7. I can't open Windows Security or Defender and I am unable to update or verify account...

I can't open Windows Security or Defender and I am unable to update or verify account...: Two Major Problems: You 1. Whenever I attempt to open Windows Defender or Windows Security I am greeted with a message saying, "You'll need a new message to open this windowsdefender link"[ATTACH]...
  8. Uninstall Security updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Security updates: Why can't I uninstall SU KB4509094? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-security-updates/33d1ea77-4e2a-42bd-b3d1-e6fd286ff8b1
  9. Window Security Panel Device Performance & Health Icon

Window Security Panel Device Performance & Health Icon: Window Security Panel Device Performance & Health Icon in Windows 10v.1903 is showing "no action needed", but does not have a green tick like all the other categories do (except family options which have not been set). If I click on the icon it lists things like battery...
  10. Chrome Vulnerability Rewards Program Bigger Rewards for Security Bugs

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Vulnerability Rewards Program Bigger Rewards for Security Bugs: Chrome has always been built with security at its core, by a passionate worldwide community as part of the Chromium open source project. We're proud that community includes world class security researchers who help defend Chrome, and other Chromium based browsers. Back in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 844-516-4939