Windows 10: security

Discus and support security in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting annoying interruptions in my on line work. and my computer is actually locked until I disconnect and reboot. A message pops up telling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArmandBrandi, Jul 11, 2019 at 3:32 PM.

1. security

I keep getting annoying interruptions in my on line work. and my computer is actually locked until I disconnect and reboot.

A message pops up telling me my computer is locked up and I should click on a link to get back to safety.

It says it is from microsoft, Error message 268d3x8938(3).

MS Malware alert the number to call is 1-844-516-4939

Is this a legitimate notice and is the telephone number an official MS telephone number.

I have run my malware killer and it finds no problems.

:)

ArmandBrandi, Jul 11, 2019 at 3:32 PM
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

Thema:

security

1. security - Similar Threads - security

2. Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability: A security feature bypass vulnerability exists in Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) which could allow an attacker to bypass WDAC enforcement. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could circumvent PowerShell Core Constrained Language Mode on the...
  3. Security settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security settings: Please help! I'm trying to change my settings on my internet on my laptop but im buggered if I know how. Can someone please give me a simple way of doing this please as I cant go onto anything that is above 13!!!!!!!!...
  4. Latest Windows 10 CU and Security update is creating errors trying to login to a company site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows 10 CU and Security update is creating errors trying to login to a company site: After the latest CU (Windows 10) early July (11th I believe) I get (what I believe are Network related) error codes when trying to login to a password protected site. It has worked for 18 months and suddenly after the CU I get these: (see screenshot/image) [ATTACH]...
  5. Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security question about UAC and Admin aprroval mode: Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I use an Administrator account with UAC in default. I was reading about Admin Approval and noticed that it is disabled. Should this be enabled? I noticed when it mentions this Admin Approval it says "Built-In" Administrator and I'm wondering...
  6. Clicking "Open Windows Security" first time after reboot starts to open but immediately...

Clicking "Open Windows Security" first time after reboot starts to open but immediately...: This is accompanied by Event Viewer Application Event IDs 1000 (Error) and 1001 (Information). Event ID 1000 specifies application SecHealthUI.exe (I believe this is the Windows Security User Interface). Best I can tell, this only happens the first time I attempt to open...
  7. Windows Security Center Service is turned off notification

Windows Security Center Service is turned off notification: For a couple of weeks I have been receiving an occasional "Windows Security Center Service is turned off" notification. Since this started happening, when I turn on the computer I leave my cable modem disconnected and powered off until I check two things: Settings>View...
  8. How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903: I use bluestack and it didn't work when VBS is on but require hardware virtualisation. Please help. Previously I was using 1803 where it has an option to disable it without turning off virtualisation from BIOS. I can't find it now....
  9. Windows Security Microsoft Edge

Windows Security Microsoft Edge: Edge is locked up with a request from buddhistorica.xyz for username and password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-microsoft-edge/e3f071ed-1b57-4e5d-8cae-db4b3dce347f
  10. How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903: Previously I was using 1803 where it has an option to disable it without turning off virtualisation from BIOS. I can't find it now. I use bluestack and it didn't work when VBS is on but require hardware virtualisation. Please help....