Windows 10: security

Discus and support security in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting annoying interruptions in my on line work. and my computer is actually locked until I disconnect and reboot. A message pops up telling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArmandBrandi, Jul 11, 2019.

1. security

I keep getting annoying interruptions in my on line work. and my computer is actually locked until I disconnect and reboot.

A message pops up telling me my computer is locked up and I should click on a link to get back to safety.

It says it is from microsoft, Error message 268d3x8938(3).

MS Malware alert the number to call is 1-844-516-4939

Is this a legitimate notice and is the telephone number an official MS telephone number.

I have run my malware killer and it finds no problems.

:)

ArmandBrandi, Jul 11, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jul 11, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

security

1. security - Similar Threads - security

2. No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.: I am running Windows Server 2019 and I changed the administrator account name to a new name. After making the name change anytime I try and open system Settings I receive the error No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. I tried to add another user via...
  3. No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.: I am running Windows Server 2019 and I changed the administrator account name to a new name. After making the name change anytime I try and open system Settings I receive the error No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. I tried to add another user via...
  4. Security scan issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security scan issues: While running the security scan, several files will show infection, but toward the end of the scan it seems to lock, stop and then self terminate. Afterward states that nothing was found. If I run the scan again, I get the same result. This has happened serval times now. Any...
  5. Security scan issues

Security scan issues: While running the security scan, several files will show infection, but toward the end of the scan it seems to lock, stop and then self terminate. Afterward states that nothing was found. If I run the scan again, I get the same result. This has happened serval times now. Any...
  6. my windows security not open ..............plz help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows security not open ..............plz help me: my windows security not open ..............plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-security-not-open-plz-help-me/5e99fe64-3500-4016-93d0-02c50f4b5593
  7. my windows security not open ..............plz help me

my windows security not open ..............plz help me: my windows security not open ..............plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-security-not-open-plz-help-me/5e99fe64-3500-4016-93d0-02c50f4b5593
  8. I can't download security update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download security update: I am not sure if you can help me with this but I can't access SRW now because there is an error downloading a security update There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...
  9. I can't download security update

I can't download security update: I am not sure if you can help me with this but I can't access SRW now because there is an error downloading a security update There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...
  10. I can't download security update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 844-516-4939