Windows 10: security

Discus and support security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; do I need both windows defender & windows firewall running at same time.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by michael anthonyjackson, Jul 19, 2019.

1. security

do I need both windows defender & windows firewall running at same time.

:)

michael anthonyjackson, Jul 19, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jul 19, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

security

1. security - Similar Threads - security

2. Windows security program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security program: How do I disable windows 10 security to use a different anti virus, antimalware program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-program/527fbb48-51f9-485d-9582-07ecb50aa6d7"
  3. A bridged UWP app like Windows Terminal (Preview) won't run due to insufficient security...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A bridged UWP app like Windows Terminal (Preview) won't run due to insufficient security...: When I open Windows Terminal (preview) or any other bridged UWP app, this error pops-up. [ATTACH] I have modify or done anything to this directory nor to this application. How can I fix this? Updating through the Microsoft Store or clicking "Repair" and then "Reset" on...
  4. Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft Security make it so difficult at times to sign in?: I recently had to set up this new Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop because bad advice from a Directly Independent Advisor trashed my HP Envy. These are just some of the Microsoft security and system problems I encountered: 1. It asked me to sign in with the last password I'd...
  5. Windows Defender Security Center blocks some trusted Apps, such as MS word, to access some...

Windows Defender Security Center blocks some trusted Apps, such as MS word, to access some...: Hi, I've recently seen that Windows Defender Security Center blocks some trusted Apps, such as MS word, to access some folders although I didn't do any changes and these Apps, such as MS Word, were accessing to any folders without being blocked and without being added to the...
  6. Wired vs WiFi LAN security

Wired vs WiFi LAN security: I am having an in-house discussion on the security aspects of a wired LAN versus a WiFi LAN. I am told WiFi is insecure because other WiFi eavesdroppers can listen in and grab data, whereas a wired LAN offers full security against such eavesdropping on an in-house LAN. We...
  7. Failed Login - Windows Security appends email address automatically

Failed Login - Windows Security appends email address automatically: Hi I am having an issue when I need to sign in to a SharePoint domain. When I want to open/view/edit a document locally in an Office application from the SharePoint location it asks me to sign in through Windows Security, however the domain requires that I sign in using...
  8. Windows Security appends email address automatically

Windows Security appends email address automatically: Hi I am having an issue when I need to sign in to a SharePoint domain. When I want to open/view/edit a document locally in an Office application from the SharePoint location it asks me to sign in through Windows Security, however the domain requires that I sign in using...
  9. Windows Security not showing anything at all

Windows Security not showing anything at all: So i dont know what is going on, but it seems that somehow Windows Defender has been disabled entirely. Already checked registries, settings, runned malwareby and found some issues (some Trojan.FakeMS, PUM.Optional.DisableSecurityCenter and some Backdoor.Agent) and runned...
  10. Microsoft windows security scam (Supremo)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft windows security scam (Supremo): We got a call that we would be charged 299.99 to renew our firewall protection automatically unless we called 360 208 8462. When we called the people could barely speak English (Asian). They asked us to download the Supremo program which we did, but then they started asking...