Windows 10: security

Discus and support security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; what is the best free antivirus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security/a4bde2f6-46fc-4102-bf02-5680fbc52287 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by joycebrown2, Sep 13, 2019 at 5:12 PM.

1. security

what is the best free antivirus

:)

2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

Thema:

security

1. security - Similar Threads - security

2. Is Mega Metro Academy a legitimate company with certified Microsoft security technicians?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Mega Metro Academy a legitimate company with certified Microsoft security technicians?: They just charged my $937.90 to repair my web network that they said had been hacked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-mega-metro-academy-a-legitimate-company-with/9b6d39f7-7fa4-401d-8b1b-a23ffb85e31b"
  3. Windows Defender Security Scan

Windows Defender Security Scan: I am not able to run a full security scan using defender. After just a few seconds the scan ends. Help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scan/1938597c-690b-4f2e-a910-24041702f4bb"
  4. Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security.

Not receiving emails or texts to access my account security.: Hello, I can sign in to my Microsoft account on my trusted devices. However, if I try to sign in on another computer it asks for my phone number and tells me the phone number or is incorrect. I have verified my email address and phone number are entered correctly. When I...
  5. Windows Security Antivirus Scanning Error

Windows Security Antivirus Scanning Error: My Windows Security is scanning only "11" Files in Quick Scan and Full Scan and my Security Intelligence updates are up to date. How to Fix the error?? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Microsoft Security Essentials Suddenly Started Doing Very Short Scans

Microsoft Security Essentials Suddenly Started Doing Very Short Scans: I updated Microsoft Security Essentials this morning and immediately performed a Quick Scan, but it only took a matter of seconds and reported that it had scanned just 19 items. It would normally scan tens-of-thousands of items on a computer that hasn't been formatted for...
  7. I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to...

I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to...: Hello Microsoft Community, I have two Questions, Problems _SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUES: (1) Windows 10 My Screen turned to Grayscale - I did not change anything; (2) I need help securing my PCs, Network, accounts, and my Identity. (1) Problem: my screen changed to Grayscale...
  8. Microsoft Security Essentials is not scanning past 7 seconds on either full or quick scan!

Microsoft Security Essentials is not scanning past 7 seconds on either full or quick scan!: I downloaded the latest update which was supposed to "correct the error" and it did not help. I have Win7pro, running on Firefox using my Dell Precision m6800 laptop....
  9. Quick scan through Windows Security

Quick scan through Windows Security: I just ran a quick scan through Windows Security and it said 5 files scanned. Every time in the past it scanned a little over 20,000 files. Even ran a full scan and it also said 5 files scanned. Why isn't it scanning all files?...
  10. Windows 10 Security Scan Concern

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Security Scan Concern: I ran a Quick scan on my Windows 10 system today after doing a check for updates. It was much quicker than usual, only scanning 7 files. The I ran a Full Scan and it seemed the same as the quick scan, much quicker than normal and only scanning 7 files. Normally, in the past...