Windows 10: security

Discus and support security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; after update have I no administrator user account on computer just local and I can't add or change the user account because I get UAC box with message... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Darmy08, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Darmy08 Win User

security

after update have I no administrator user account on computer just local and I can't add or change the user account because I get UAC box with message "access denied". The box contains NO as only response, with small message saying "to continue enter admin user name & password" but there is no place to enter information. So only option is to exit box, but then you haven't changed a thing, still no access. I can not even enter the command prompt to fix any problem without getting same box and message. I tried to recover and restore to previous date and I can't even enter the system's restore without getting this message. Plus since this update my Office programs are also missing, I need help with this problem. I don't understand how can microsoft just remove my administrator account, I own this computer and really resent the problems Microsoft is bestowing on windows 10 pro owners. It's really becoming a nuisance & I am so sick of always having to find a fix because of something your wonderful techs are implementing. If they don't know what they're doing they shouldn't be changing things or trying to fix items that are working fine? You know I had XP for years and never encountered the problems windows 10 is causing me and I'm so sick of having to recover or restore computer because something isn't working properly but at juncture I can't even restore computer to a better time.

Dar

:)

Darmy08, Oct 10, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Oct 10, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

security

1. security - Similar Threads - security

2. Secure my account with microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure my account with microsoft: Hi I have Microsoft account connect to https://statusphobia.com/, I have cyber attack last night. Kindly tell me safety steps to secure my acc. Help Thanks...
  3. I'm having Windows security blocking ETD_GetSMART.exe

I'm having Windows security blocking ETD_GetSMART.exe: I keep on having ETD_GetSMART.exe trying to access memory. I have been looking online to see what it is and if it is a virus or not. The block is low and my antivirus software is not detecting it. But it isn't found in the supposed directory C:\Program...
  4. When will Microsoft Security Essentials virus defintion support end?

When will Microsoft Security Essentials virus defintion support end?: I am running Windows 7 with Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). I know support for Win 7 ends Jan 2020 but will the virus definitions for MSE continue to be updated beyond this date or do I need to replace MSE with something else?...
  5. Microsoft announces new Secured-core PCs running Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces new Secured-core PCs running Windows 10: Recent developments in security research and real-world attacks demonstrate that as more protections are proactively built into the OS and in connected services, attackers are looking for other avenues of exploitation with firmware emerging as a top target. In the last three...
  6. Microsoft announces the new Secured-core PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces the new Secured-core PCs: Recent developments in security research and real-world attacks demonstrate that as more protections are proactively built into the OS and in connected services, attackers are looking for other avenues of exploitation with firmware emerging as a top target. In the last three...
  7. Secure SSD formatting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secure SSD formatting: Hi, I've just registered to tenforums to ask you for help with an appropriate way of formatting an SSD drive in order to prepare it for installing Windows on a second machine. I've watched numerous videos on YT and read "tons" of articles and I'm still very confused what...
  8. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version...: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.305.259.0) - Error 0x80070643 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-windows-defender/deb9f8cb-2159-4674-b5ed-0d25be93b5be
  9. Easy Guide: How to Manage Controlled Folder Access in Windows Defender Security Center

Easy Guide: How to Manage Controlled Folder Access in Windows Defender Security Center: Since 2016, Microsoft has included ransomware protection in Windows 10. This security feature of the Windows Defender Security Center protects your computer and files from becoming compromised. In recent times, there has been a rise in large institutions and on individual...
  10. hotmail-notice.appspot.com........secure-cert.apps pot.com

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hotmail-notice.appspot.com........secure-cert.apps pot.com: These are 2 of the senders that are overloading my junk folder(100) min. per day sexually explicit emails. I've tried to block under block sender and also create rules. nothing works. Please HELP....