Windows 10: security

Discus and support security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The Census Form is disabled as I even position over the space asking for my name, email, or any personal identifying information. examples of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Billabong88, Apr 13, 2020.

1. security

The Census Form is disabled as I even position over the space asking for my name, email, or any personal identifying information. examples of interference: for electronic Ecards, same thing; OR IF I try tried to order a gift at Christmas,; OR IF I need Bill Payer at my bank;

It's particularly poignant to be unable to send messages to an ailing loved one ---my subscription at an Ecard company is disabled; and as I mentioned even the CENSUS. it is now April 13 and I've --knowing it was hopeless -- I've tried and tried since the government forms arrived here. I will resort to the phone BUT there are those moments I find it necessary or desirable to use my internet machine: my laptop.

Is this my own doing for not wanting to pay for any security? Is Norton -- who isconstantly reminding me to buy security -- allowed to sabotage my credit account and anywhere I go for purchases? And at any site they have a whim to when they spot me trying to enter my ID? I have some overwhelming desire to donate to various charities: life is so delightfully improved in this technical age. Especially for one who is disabled. thanks.

:)

Billabong88, Apr 13, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Apr 13, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

security

1. security - Similar Threads - security

2. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center: I try to installed games which is not comes from steam or any stores, and after that I realized that the defender is gone, I try to get it back without removing all my games and apps in my laptop but it's seems not work. I cannot open the Windows Security Center or the Virus...
  3. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center: I try to installed games which is not comes from steam or any stores, and after that I realized that the defender is gone, I try to get it back without removing all my games and apps in my laptop but it's seems not work. I cannot open the Windows Security Center or the Virus...
  4. My Windows Defender is seems like gone, and I cannot open any of the security center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  6. Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...

Why does my laptop ask for the Wi-Fi security key after a reboot, when the "Connect...: It appears I have fixed my own problem but all the prior threads on the subject were locked, so I made my own to help others with this issue.I am running windows 11, but this may be the same on other versions.The security key is not controlled in the "WLAN Autoconfig" service...
  7. Not able to start Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to start Windows Security: When starting Windows security, the application just freezes in the loading screen and then crashes.I have tried multiple solutions i found on here, but they didnt work.****moved from german to english Community ****...
  8. Not able to start Windows Security

Not able to start Windows Security: When starting Windows security, the application just freezes in the loading screen and then crashes.I have tried multiple solutions i found on here, but they didnt work.****moved from german to english Community ****...
  9. The windows security isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The windows security isn't working.: After i installed a game in which they asked me to off the windows security with a software. Me forgotten to on the security shutdown my pc, later i was met up with the problem...
  10. The windows security isn't working.

The windows security isn't working.: After i installed a game in which they asked me to off the windows security with a software. Me forgotten to on the security shutdown my pc, later i was met up with the problem...