Windows 10: Security

Discus and support Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is my current online protection when I am out there on the www.?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by scottieskibble- a nick, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Security

What is my current online protection when I am out there on the www.?

:)

scottieskibble- a nick, Jul 15, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jul 15, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Security

1. Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. Unable to Update Windows 22H2, "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Update Windows 22H2, "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.": I have enough storage, internet connection, and my drivers have been updated, I have run the trouble shooter, Windows update assistant, complete clean reset my computer, ran cmd as administrator and tried some prompts given by other people, but nothing works. It will...
  3. Unable to Update Windows 22H2, "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Update Windows 22H2, "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.": I have enough storage, internet connection, and my drivers have been updated, I have run the trouble shooter, Windows update assistant, complete clean reset my computer, ran cmd as administrator and tried some prompts given by other people, but nothing works. It will...
  4. Unable to Update Windows 22H2, "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package...: Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package KB2538243 not installing in Windows Update. Windows Update shows this as installing and greyed out at the same time. This is disabling other updates from installing and appears to be...
  6. Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package...

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package...: Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package KB2538243 not installing in Windows Update. Windows Update shows this as installing and greyed out at the same time. This is disabling other updates from installing and appears to be...
  7. please implement this or is there any security issues ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    please implement this or is there any security issues ?: https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1cznhdb/need_volume_icon_on_every_monitor_why_it_is_not/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-implement-this-or-is-there-any-security/2e5ae254-ab74-4720-b893-86243a0aa746
  8. please implement this or is there any security issues ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please implement this or is there any security issues ?: https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1cznhdb/need_volume_icon_on_every_monitor_why_it_is_not/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-implement-this-or-is-there-any-security/2e5ae254-ab74-4720-b893-86243a0aa746
  9. please implement this or is there any security issues ?

10. windows security only opens for a second then closes. cant open windows security.

windows security only opens for a second then closes. cant open windows security.: win 10. since the last msft upgrade i am not able to get into windows security. it instantly closes when i try to open it. i need to get into defender to add an exclusion and am not able to. what is going on with my windows security and is there another way to add an...