Windows 10: Security

Discus and support Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Alright.. so the other day someone got into my account, and changed EVERYTHING, luckily i got the account back, changed all of my security info, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Niccolo Cunningham, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Security

Alright.. so the other day someone got into my account, and changed EVERYTHING, luckily i got the account back, changed all of my security info, and enabled two step verification! I also pressed the sign out of all trusted and untrusted devices button just to make sure... but then today.. i found out that he was able to GET IN, and he ADDED HIS SECURITY INFO BACK, on TURNED OFF MY SECURITY EMAILS ALERTS to try and make me not notice... is there a way i can make sure he cannot get into my account for good? Or maybe an account oin option to where you have to enter a pin that unlocks temporary where you can edit security info? Answer as soon as possible, please!

:)

Niccolo Cunningham, Nov 23, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Nov 23, 2020
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Security

1. Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. my windows security dashboard is showing quick scan necessary.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my windows security dashboard is showing quick scan necessary.: I have noticed that my security dash board is showing once again that a quick scan is due. When this occurred a few weeks ago I found that turning the scan on it it never stopped and the lack of a progress bar made it more confusing. The last it it happened it seemed to...
  3. Blue Screen error while starting Rainbow Six SiegeKernel Security Check Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen error while starting Rainbow Six SiegeKernel Security Check Failure: When I started game, my PC's crashing and PC is showing up Blue Screen ErrorKernel Security Check Failure https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-while-starting-rainbow-six/7c00aea7-5d22-4e0e-9756-214b8344cef6
  4. No internet, secured - help please

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet, secured - help please: I have a problem with connecting to my wifi on my laptop - it shows up and I can connect to it but it then says ‘no internet, secured’, so there is no internet connection and I can’t use the wifi for anything. I can still connect to the wifi as normal on my phone and on...
  5. My windows security decided to disappear, any idea?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows security decided to disappear, any idea?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hxh2001bruh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky1vuz/my_windows_security_decided_to_disappear_any_idea/
  6. Removable Drive Access Access restriction Implementation on Security Group and not the...

Removable Drive Access Access restriction Implementation on Security Group and not the...: Hello all, I have implemented Removable Drive Access Access restriction on all the OUs with an exemption of one OUs into which I drag and drop a PC to allow access. Please help set elevation options such that whenever I need to allow access, I just elevate the user or add...
  7. Security at a glance is empty

Security at a glance is empty: Hello there,Today, when I enter my Windows Defender, I get an error like you see in the screen image. What is the solution of this ?, I cannot do any windows defender operation / I cannot shut down [ATTACH] [Original Title: Can you help me :/]...
  8. Windows 10X comes with a clever security feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X comes with a clever security feature: Windows 10X is part of Microsoft’s ambitious Windows Core OS project and it is projected to power the next-gen hardware. The software giant is planning to launch Windows 10X on single-screen PCs with a new Start Menu, Action Center, Taskbar, and a clever security feature...
  9. A Microsoft Security Camera and DVR solution ? with Microsoft AD / AAD integration ?

A Microsoft Security Camera and DVR solution ? with Microsoft AD / AAD integration ?: A Microsoft Security Camera and DVR solution ? with Microsoft AD / AAD integration ? Do Microsoft have A Microsoft Security Camera and DVR solution ? with Microsoft AD / AAD integration ? ?? Sales people appear to have no idea ?...
  10. BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure on Windows 10: Hello, I'm struggling with blue screens on my DELL Inspiron 15-3567, Intel i5-7200U, 4Gb RAM, AMD RADEON R5 M330. I having BSOD a few times a day every couple of hour. First I made some reserch about the problem and I changed my HDD for a SSD, because it was a good...