Windows 10: Security

Discus and support Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I remove the red X under virus & threat protection?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WendyMoos, Jul 25, 2021.

1. WendyMoos Win User

Security

How do I remove the red X under virus & threat protection?

:)

WendyMoos, Jul 25, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jul 25, 2021
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Security

1. Security - Similar Threads - Security

2. windows security on windows 11

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security on windows 11: Since receiving windows 11 updates as part of the insider programme access to windows security has ceased, when I try to do a scan, for example, it takes me to a blue screen and then immediately returns to the home page. Am I missing something? Is security automatically...
  3. Hardware security is not supported

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware security is not supported: 1. I own a H.P. intel core i5. I want to try windows 11 but my hardware security has no support. 2.Do I need this for safety? 3. additionally do I need to update my bios to enable tpm 4 .lastly I have intel core do I need dual cores? Thank you Terry...
  4. Windows 10 password security risk

Windows 10 password security risk: Is there truth to the 9/18/2021 story in FORBES in which Davey Winder the writer recommends Windows 10 users "delete their [Windows 10] passwords" due to a security risk?...
  5. problem installing latest security update kb5005565

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem installing latest security update kb5005565: Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we...
  6. Windows security, including windows defender and virus and threat protection gone missing...

Windows security, including windows defender and virus and threat protection gone missing...: Whenever I try to open windows security, it shows me nothing, and when I search for virus and threat protection, it also shows nothing so I'm a bit curious what actually happened to my windows. Please help if someone is able and knows the problem we'll.Regards.What I have...
  7. How to assign permissions to local security groups in Windows 10?

How to assign permissions to local security groups in Windows 10?: Hi, I need to sometimes create security groups for file permissions. But is there a way to assign other permissions to security groups? Eg. the administrators group can run as administrator without passwordThanks....
  8. Dll error, windows security, windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dll error, windows security, windows update: Hello everyone. Im struggling with "There was a problem starting StartupCheckLibrary.dll The specified module could not be found" error in my PC almost everytime i use my laptop. I tried searching onlinehow to fix it and im still not out of the situation. Even my windows...
  9. How do I stop Windows Security/Credential Manager from popping up?

How do I stop Windows Security/Credential Manager from popping up?: Every so often I have this problem. Windows Security will pop up and ask me to verify my identity on my PC, asking for my pin. I'll enter it, it disappears, then pops back up. I keep entering a pin and it repeats. Even exiting out or cancelling results in it coming back up....
  10. When using enhanced security, how to properly load and use "other programs" i.e. Open...

When using enhanced security, how to properly load and use "other programs" i.e. Open...: Last week, ran into an issue with Virus and threat protection, no alerts, just that Virus and threat protection was turned off. Ran update channel, rebooted machine, same condition. Tried to turn back on, Windows ran command, but would not turn feature back on, but would not...