Windows 10: security

Discus and support security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; *cryI have tried to download rapport bank security to no avail,i contacted rapport thro web chat and after 20 minutes of doing this doing that was told... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by frankwright, Oct 30, 2015.

1. security

*cryI have tried to download rapport bank security to no avail,i contacted rapport thro web chat and after 20 minutes of doing this doing that was told rapport cannot be activated in windows 10 if this is so I am not impressed as on my previous browser I had no problem,seemingly as I updated to 10 some weeks ago I apparently cannot turn the clock back or can I? any help anywhere I would appreciate. ps I sent rapport a browser screenshot but heard nothing more.

:)

frankwright, Oct 30, 2015

2. Win10 can not access installer

My PC is pre-installed with Win8 and updated to Win10 then.

It works well. But someday, I tried to uninstalled the preset app of win10 such as Xbox etc.

After the preset apps were uninstalled, the system always falls down. I have to restart and restart. It showed to rescue and takes one or two hours without improvement. I have to restart and choose secure setup. It then enter into the system.

But I found I can not uninstall and install any app or program.

Even I want to re-install the windows with tool download from Microsoft website is not available.

What can I do now?

Please help. I almost want to return to Win8.

Vedard Security, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Family Safety glitch

I think a better (more permanent answer) if you are still having trouble is to go into Windows Tasks and disable the task. That will stop it from rearing its head again for you.

Do this ...

The Family Safety Monitor (wpcmon.exe) task is started as an ordinary Windows task. It can be permanently killed like this:

1. Do a Cortana search for "schedule tasks" and click on the search result for the "Schedule Tasks" control panel.

2. When the control panel opens, find the "Family Safety Monitor" entry in the "Active Tasks" pane at the bottom of the screen and double-click it to open.

3. You will see four tasks at the top of the screen. For each of these, click the task and click "Delete" on the right under "Selected Item." Delete all four of them.

4. Close the control panel and restart your system.

You will not be bothered by this horror again (unless they fail to fix it before the next Win10 build is released).

GuardRex Security, Oct 30, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

security

Hi frankwright and welcome to Tenforums.

I have not used Rapport myself, but did do a little research on it.
    The download page shows it is compatible with XP all the way through W8.

security [​IMG]

Chances are, if it's compatible with W8, it is as well with W10, *BUT*, I am guessing you'll need to use Internet Explorer or Firefox, and not Edge. I can't install it on my machine and test it out, because I don't bank online (sorry).

Please see this post here, regarding compatible browsers (Edge is not supported, but IE is).

I also found that it is not compatible with Driver Verifier.

Further, if the banking trojan ZeuS is on a machine, Rapport will not be allowed to install, or will be rendered useless immediately. (Not saying your machine is infected...)

The source code for this banking trojan was publicly released when the original malware writer retired, and consequently, there are tons of "bad guys" constantly developing it.

Based on what I've read about it, the only real sure way to bank online safely is to run a live CD of some flavor of Linux when logging on to the bank site. But, that's not something everyone would care to do.

I don't know what browser you have tried Rapport on, but I would try it with Internet Explorer, and then Firefox. If you are still unsuccessful, and it's been less than 30 days since you upgraded, you can revert back, and upgrade later when issues with W10 have been resolved (you have until July 29th, 2016 for the free upgrade).

If it's been more than 30 days, you might try using the recovery partition on your system to get your original OS back (if it's still intact). You'd have to look up the specifics for your system to find the exact procedure. (Unless, of course, you have a system image from before the upgrade - then you could just restore the image.)

Hope this helps.

Edit: Just remember, if using the recovery partition, all files and programs will be lost, and the system will be back to as it was when you first purchased it.

simrick, Nov 1, 2015
  5. thanks a lot,rapport tell me that it does not run on edge browser,i will try as you suggest firefox,

frankwright, Nov 1, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Yes, good luck.
    Here is a list of supported platforms
    Supported Platforms | Trusteer

Supported Browsers:

• Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9 and 10
    • Internet Explorer 11 on Win 7, 8.1* and 10* (*desktop mode)
    • Mozilla Firefox 39, 40, 41
    • Mozilla Firefox ESR 38.1, 38.2, 38.3
    • Google Chrome 44, 45, 46

Let us know how it goes.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

security

1. security - Similar Threads - security

2. Update and Security, on the right of the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update and Security, on the right of the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the...: When I open Update and Security, on the right at the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the requirements to run Windows 11 but when I download and run PC Health Check it says it does. Which is correct?How do I find out why it says my pc doesn't meet the minimum...
  3. Update and Security, on the right of the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and Security, on the right of the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the...: When I open Update and Security, on the right at the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the requirements to run Windows 11 but when I download and run PC Health Check it says it does. Which is correct?How do I find out why it says my pc doesn't meet the minimum...
  4. Update and Security, on the right of the top of the page it says my pc doesn't meet the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC it goes into a loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC it goes into a loop: When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC, it goes into a loop where it attempts automatic repair, diagnosis, and rebooting. Despite selecting options like 'Restart' or 'Advanced Options,' the issue persists. However, disabling Secure Boot in...
  6. When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC it goes into a loop

When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC it goes into a loop: When I enable Secure Boot in the BIOS, save the settings, and reboot my PC, it goes into a loop where it attempts automatic repair, diagnosis, and rebooting. Despite selecting options like 'Restart' or 'Advanced Options,' the issue persists. However, disabling Secure Boot in...
  7. How do I get my laptop to register secure boot as enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my laptop to register secure boot as enabled?: I was trying to play Valorant and it kicks me out saying I need to enabled secure boot. I then go into bios to enable secure boot but for some reason when I enable it my laptop does not register it as enabled. I have tried everything I could think of and a lot of options in...
  8. How do I get my laptop to register secure boot as enabled?

How do I get my laptop to register secure boot as enabled?: I was trying to play Valorant and it kicks me out saying I need to enabled secure boot. I then go into bios to enable secure boot but for some reason when I enable it my laptop does not register it as enabled. I have tried everything I could think of and a lot of options in...
  9. Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues: For weeks, if not months now, Windows Security has been misbehaving on my Nov '23 Surface Pro 9. Sometimes, usually shortly after startup, everything's fine, Security has its icon in the systray, and it's accessibe.But very often, the Security icon stops responding after the...
  10. Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues

Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues: For weeks, if not months now, Windows Security has been misbehaving on my Nov '23 Surface Pro 9. Sometimes, usually shortly after startup, everything's fine, Security has its icon in the systray, and it's accessibe.But very often, the Security icon stops responding after the...