Windows 10: SEDNA PCI-E card showing drives as removable in Windows 10

Discus and support SEDNA PCI-E card showing drives as removable in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello... NOTE: I am running Windows 10 (build 1909) fully updated. I am terrible at explaining myself in posts so I will try to explain my issue in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lasky, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Lasky Win User

SEDNA PCI-E card showing drives as removable in Windows 10

Hello...

NOTE: I am running Windows 10 (build 1909) fully updated.

I am terrible at explaining myself in posts so I will try to explain my issue in the best way I can.

I purchased a SEDNA PCI-E SATA card that I can mount both SSD's and 2.5' hard drives to. I managed to get it to work in Windows 7, but I have been unable to get it to function correctly in Windows 10 because it shows up the drives on it as "removable", similar to a USB drive. Here is a photo of the card:

SEDNA PCI-E card showing drives as removable in Windows 10 [​IMG]

I would like to free up SATA ports on my board (only have 6) so I can attach a pair of removable drive bays and more hard drives, I would also like to dual boot my PC with Windows 7 and 10 as I have some games and programs that dont work on Windows 10, but do on Windows 7. Thats a problem, and it would be great if Microsoft allowed backwards compatability similar to how they are with the XBONE with 360 games.

I amm sure I heard that there was some sort of registry tweak that fixes this, but I have been unable to find it!

I also noticed that the HDD LED of my system does not light up when activity is happening on the SSD's attached to the card. Is there a way to fix that, some sort of BIOS tweak perhaps?

I hope that someone might be able to assist me to resolve this so I can finalise my systems config.

:)

Lasky, Jan 13, 2020
  2. schmety Win User

Intel i7 Intel® HD Graphics 530 or pci-e card ?

Hi there !

I will soon build new computer configuration and i'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit version.
    At the moment i have Asus R5 230 pci-e 1gb DDR3 graphic card.
    So, my question here is,
    is it for example Intel i7 HD Graphics 530 enough for using just application (audio processing) or should i keep my Asus R5 230 pci-e graphic card.
    What is more recommended, for just using applications ?

Thanks for your suggestions and thoughts SEDNA PCI-E card showing drives as removable in Windows 10 :)

Best,
    Matej

schmety, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Olafchief Win User
    Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter not working after Windows update (Code 38)

As the title suggests, after the most recent Windows update (brought my version of Windows to 1803), my Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter ceased to function. According to Device Manager, it was a "code 38" error (Windows cannot load the device driver
    for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory.)

Multiple searches have suggested that this is because of an issue with AMD processors, but this is not my situation as I have a Intel based processor.

I have attempted the following troubleshooting steps (without success)

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver
    • Use to "PCI lock" function in msconfig
    • Restore my computer to a previous state
    • Delete the Asus software
    • Change PCI port of my card

The only step I could take that did work was to restore a previous version of Windows (it brought me back to version 1709). So, for the moment my card works again, but my PC wants to update again, and I feel like this whole process will begin again if I
    do so. For the record, I have already been in touch with Asus support, and they have been less than helpful (some of the steps taken above were at their suggestion). Thank you in advance for any advice.

Olafchief, Jan 13, 2020
  4. SEDNA PCI-E card showing drives as removable in Windows 10

PCI-e power for graphic card

Hi .. just bought a new card, Gigabyte GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3G. I noticed something funny .. if I plug the PCI-e power to my PSU, the fan stops running but computer boots up fine.

But if I unplug the PCI-e power, the fan starts running when computer boots up and there is an error on screen "please plug in power for this graphic card on the PCI-e slot".

So it's quite strange .. quite the opposite of what is supposed to be.

Any ideas?

Dennis Ser, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

SEDNA PCI-E card showing drives as removable in Windows 10

1. SEDNA PCI-E card showing drives as removable in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SEDNA PCI card

2. PCI-E 1394A FireWire Card driver update crashes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PCI-E 1394A FireWire Card driver update crashes Windows 10: I recently bought a StarTech PCI-E 1394A FireWire Card and did the installation with no problem. I downloaded the driver from StarTech website and followed the instructions. When asked to update the driver from specific folder and select the file '1394 OHCI Compliant Host...
  3. PCI-E 1394A FireWire Card driver update crashes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI-E 1394A FireWire Card driver update crashes Windows 10: I recently bought a StarTech PCI-E 1394A FireWire Card and did the installation with no problem. I downloaded the driver from StarTech website and followed the instructions. When asked to update the driver from specific folder and select the file '1394 OHCI Compliant Host...
  4. Network PCI-E Card or Adapter/Access Problem

Network PCI-E Card or Adapter/Access Problem: Hello, The problem I am having is with remaining connected to the Internet for any length of time. I am running the new Windows 10 in its' Pro 64 version on an ASUS X540LA. The built-in PCI card is a Realtek RTL8723BE. The Network Router is a Huawei HG633. I keep getting...
  5. Pci e

Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  6. Pci e

in Windows 10 Support
    Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  7. PCI E card not recognized

PCI E card not recognized: Hello I installed a 2 port PCI Express1 3 94 a Firewire card on my Windows 10 - 64 bits computer The manufacturer (StarTech) representative told me it would work without problem Unfortunately, it dose not and the card is not even recognized Did I forget something (BIOS...
  8. PCI E card not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    PCI E card not recognized: Hello I installed a 2 port PCI Express1 3 94 a Firewire card on my Windows 10 - 64 bits computer The manufacturer (StarTech) representative told me it would work without problem Unfortunately, it dose not and the card is not even recognized Did I forget something (BIOS...
  9. PCI-e power for graphic card

PCI-e power for graphic card: Hi .. just bought a new card, Gigabyte GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3G. I noticed something funny .. if I plug the PCI-e power to my PSU, the fan stops running but computer boots up fine. But if I unplug the PCI-e power, the fan starts running when computer boots up and there is...
  10. Will a PCI-E x8 2.0 card work in a PCI-E x16 1.1 slot?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Will a PCI-E x8 2.0 card work in a PCI-E x16 1.1 slot?: I just ordered a new video card, the Gigabyte GeForce GT 710 LP, but then I saw on the gigabyte website that it's PCI-E x8 2.0. That will work on a PCI-E x16 1.1 slot, right? Video card: GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce(R) 700 Series -...