Windows 10: see devices connected to wifi network

Discus and support see devices connected to wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where do I go to see devices connected to my wifi?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SkeetBecker, Nov 25, 2020.

1. see devices connected to wifi network

Where do I go to see devices connected to my wifi?

:)

SkeetBecker, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Seany1212 Win User

Small business Wifi Network for 20-30 Devices?

I have been looking at this exact problem myself with the same range of numbers. I've found there are a wide range of choices and performance of the network very much depends on how much money you're willing to put into it.

Our wifi consisted of a single modem/router and the devices were only requesting internet access, the problem we were getting was either devices getting dropped off the network or just very little internet access at all when it was connected. From doing some studying I concluded that i could improve the performance by separating the roles, having a modem dealing with the connection to the outside world and DHCP and having a more powerful router handle the wireless devices (the router I was looking at was the model down from your suggested one, the Asus RT-N66U), you could probably go one further and add a low spec'd server box dealing with DHCP, DNS, etc. This was the cheapest option but left no real room for scaling up devices.

The other was as has been suggested, getting a wireless controller/gateway with multiple access points, obviously the cost scales higher but you also increase the overall capacity of the network with good performance, and usually with a good controller you can further add more access points to increase range/devices.

I think in this case it's very much you get what you pay for.

Seany1212, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How to connect to an existing wifi network?

'Not connected' doesn't necessarily mean the WiFi adapter isn't working, just that you have not yet connected to an available network. If it is working then a list of available WiFi names should appear when you click on the WiFi icon on the taskbar which looks like this
    see devices connected to wifi network [​IMG]
    when not connected.

If the list is empty then either the antenna is not connected to the WiFi adapter or the adapter isn't working. This may be a driver problem rather than hardware, so look in Device Manager for any yellow warnings. Also check that the WiFi adapter is not disable in Device Manager.

4. see devices connected to wifi network

WiFi network device

Hello Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions
    given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

see devices connected to wifi network

1. see devices connected to wifi network - Similar Threads - devices connected wifi

2. Cant connect/see wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect/see wifi: Hi TeamCurrently I connected to the internet via cable, but I want to connect with wifi!I installed new windows 11.Trying connect my pc to the wifi, but I cant see such option:I have tried to configure in services the wwan and wlan to set it to automatic:I have tried install...
  3. Cant connect/see wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant connect/see wifi: Hi TeamCurrently I connected to the internet via cable, but I want to connect with wifi!I installed new windows 11.Trying connect my pc to the wifi, but I cant see such option:I have tried to configure in services the wwan and wlan to set it to automatic:I have tried install...
  4. no wifi in network connections

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no wifi in network connections: I can't seem to connect to wifi on my laptop after doing a factory reset. I'm really confused. when I open up network settings the wifi network is just not there....
  5. Cannot see a WiFi network & cannot connect to any network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see a WiFi network & cannot connect to any network: I have a Lenovo N22 laptop running a fully updated Windows 10 Pro (20H2). A week ago I had a Netgear router running with a private class C LAN IP address range. The router was at address 204.107.91.254. Everything on my network worked fine, including the Lenovo. The Netgear...
  6. Network Connection And Wifi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Connection And Wifi: Anyone know how to fix this?[IMG][IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-connection-and-wifi/5e8a6fb9-0862-4ea9-a94b-8b51e98b004f
  7. see devices connected to wireless network

see devices connected to wireless network: I can not figure out where to go to view the devices that are connected to my wireless network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-devices-connected-to-wireless-network/83c9d0d6-3cca-4c08-9d88-efc818a9bbea
  8. wifi network connection

wifi network connection: My wifi connection was working fine until I setup my printer canon TS3122, now my wifi network doesn't even show up on "available networks" all I see is no connection/proxy symbol. I have tried resetting my router and network reset. please help I am not computer savvy....
  9. Not seeing my WIFI network

Not seeing my WIFI network: For the last. few weeks I have been unable to connect to WIFI. My laptop doesn't even see available networks. I tried updating the Network Adapters, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and nothing. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks in advance....
  10. Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't see the wifi adapter in the device manager and can't connect to any wifi: Hi, I installed Windows 10 on a laptop but I can't find the wifi adapter in the device manager. I tried to install the driver from the manufacturer but it didn't help. To check if the adapter is working i booted from a linux live usb and there the wifi is working fine. Can...