Windows 10: See document titles and subject properties in file explorer

Discus and support See document titles and subject properties in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to be able to see the Title & Subject properties of the documents listed in a folder while in Window 10 file explorer. I have already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaggaritasMom, Dec 5, 2020.

1. See document titles and subject properties in file explorer

I would like to be able to see the Title & Subject properties of the documents listed in a folder while in Window 10 file explorer. I have already tried to do this by adding those columns to the view in the explorer window, to no avail. Anyone have any other suggestions/advice?

:)

MaggaritasMom, Dec 5, 2020

2. How do you change a file properties to show "title" in the MS Explorer?

I am trying to change a file's property by addressing the "title" of the document in MS Explorer...

David Skidmore.wdi, Dec 5, 2020
  3. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 5, 2020
  4. OCjp Win User

See document titles and subject properties in file explorer

Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

OCjp, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

See document titles and subject properties in file explorer

1. See document titles and subject properties in file explorer - Similar Threads - document titles subject

2. Titles lopsided in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Titles lopsided in File Explorer: [ATTACH] In older versions, it used to be like this: Picture tools Manage Now it is like this: Manage Picture tools Why was it like that? Is it a bug? Must be fixed in 20h2 now, because this is the most annoying thing ever....
  3. Bug with Properties in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bug with Properties in File Explorer?: I have three sibling folders all under the same parent folder that should contain the same number of files. The three folders contain the same files but they have different file names. If I use the command prompt DOS and run “dir /s” on each folder, I get 803 files for...
  4. Documents in File Explorer

Documents in File Explorer: I am using Google Chrome for Windows, and when I try to open up the Documents in File Explorer, the titles come up but the documents will not open. I do writing and save my documents so that I can post my fan fiction online. Now, I cannot open the documents. Any help on this...
  5. file explorer--seeing drives

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer--seeing drives: When I open file explorer via right click on start menu, it opens to 'quick access'--frequent folders and recent files. I want to see my drives and partitions. A file and folder tree. While convenient, I'm less interested in recent files and frequent folders. I hate that...
  6. How do you change a file properties to show "title" in the MS Explorer?

How do you change a file properties to show "title" in the MS Explorer?: I am trying to change a file's property by addressing the "title" of the document in MS Explorer... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-a-file-properties-to-show-title/36f0c241-6654-4a00-9dec-07084a7ffc48"
  7. File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update

File Explorer no longer gives title/properties for each file after April 2019 Update: After updating Windows 10 yesterday, my file explorer only shows pictures/symbols and not titles or properties of files. I assume there is a setting that controls this. Can anyone identify what I need to change? Thanks, Bk...
  8. View document properties

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    View document properties: I want to REMOVE the document Type column from the opening window list of items in each folder. How can I change this setting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-document-properties/ead525c4-7108-4b3b-b5d6-09e52b3191a6
  9. Changing File Properties (i.e. moving Subtitle to Title)

Changing File Properties (i.e. moving Subtitle to Title): Hi Is it possible to change the properties of multiple files in a single process? For instance, moving Subtitle to Title on a batch of mp3s which would be too long-winded to do one at a time. I wondered if there was a DOS command using something like ATTRIB to reset file...
  10. File explorer view file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view file/folder properties: So I want all folders and files to view as "large icons"(I'm doing all of this in File Explorer) I went to C: drive, and clicked on large icons so folders and files display as such >Folder options>click on the view tab> then Apply to Folders [img] Folders and files...