Windows 10: See how windows deals with the hdd being taken out while the laptop is on

Discus and support See how windows deals with the hdd being taken out while the laptop is on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ElixirGlow [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ElixirGlow, Dec 25, 2020.

1. See how windows deals with the hdd being taken out while the laptop is on

/u/ElixirGlow, Dec 25, 2020
  2. dat789 Win User

Burgled -- New laptop taken

It was last week and I'm still quite upset over this. Recently got a Sony Vaio and it was not even 3 weeks old when it was taken.

Are there any experts out there who can, with details of MAC address, etc., trace the location of the laptop (therefore, also the low life burglar)?

I mean what is the fate of stolen laptops besides the obvious sale.

The laptop runs on Windows 7 (64-bit) and is requires a passphrase at the logon screen. What are the first few steps to take before making the loot saleable?

ps. my passport was also taken. Seriously!?!! What good is it to the burglar?!

dat789, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

See how windows deals with the hdd being taken out while the laptop is on

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

See how windows deals with the hdd being taken out while the laptop is on

1. See how windows deals with the hdd being taken out while the laptop is on - Similar Threads - deals hdd being

2. How to deal with these?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deal with these?: I had a bad resetting experience after - the following apps doesn't work and unusable:> Wordpad> MS Store> PaintMoreover, opening text and making batch files, as long as creating things from Paint are all impaired activities.There's a error saying:What to do?...
  3. How to deal with these?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to deal with these?: I had a bad resetting experience after - the following apps doesn't work and unusable:> Wordpad> MS Store> PaintMoreover, opening text and making batch files, as long as creating things from Paint are all impaired activities.There's a error saying:What to do?...
  4. Space being taken up on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space being taken up on Windows 10?: Hi,I hope you're all having a good day! :Someone recently reset a laptop I'm using.There was a problem with activating windows once reset said it wasn't activated, couldn't find product key. Saw it said it was Windows 10 Enterprise, found a default code for Windows 10 Pro,...
  5. i7 Windows Laptop deals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i7 Windows Laptop deals: Looking for best deals on i7 Windows laptops. Please suggest best deals on 12th Generation Intel Core i7-12700H laptops that useful for both work and gaming. Thanks....
  6. i7 Windows Laptop deals

i7 Windows Laptop deals: Looking for best deals on i7 Windows laptops. Please suggest best deals on 12th Generation Intel Core i7-12700H laptops that useful for both work and gaming. Thanks....
  7. HDD not being detected in Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not being detected in Windows 11 laptop: HelloSo recently I was doing some work on my laptop when suddenly my 1TB HDD stopped getting detected in 'This PC'. It also does not show up in device manager, only my SSD shows up there. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....
  8. HDD not being detected in Windows 11 laptop

HDD not being detected in Windows 11 laptop: HelloSo recently I was doing some work on my laptop when suddenly my 1TB HDD stopped getting detected in 'This PC'. It also does not show up in device manager, only my SSD shows up there. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated....
  9. Strange backups being taken on one of my laptops

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Strange backups being taken on one of my laptops: A few weeks back, I first noticed the presence of an unfamiliar directory on this laptop. It is called STG-Backups and is situated within my Downloads directory. I didn't recall ever creating such a directory or starting a program of backups - I keep procrastinating on that -...
  10. Strange backups being taken on one of my laptops

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange backups being taken on one of my laptops: A few weeks back, I first noticed the presence of an unfamiliar directory on this laptop. It is called STG-Backups and is situated within my Downloads directory. I didn't recall ever creating such a directory or starting a program of backups - I keep procrastinating on that -...