Windows 10: "See more days in timeline"

Discus and support "See more days in timeline" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] What is wrong with the above picture? Here's a hint: neither "Learn more" nor "Privacy Statement" tell you how to cancel this prompt. It... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John.Adriaan, Mar 1, 2020.

1. "See more days in timeline"

"See more days in timeline" 2f01f23b-75d2-4621-9ad9-e1916cb1c498?upload=true.png

What is wrong with the above picture? Here's a hint: neither "Learn more" nor "Privacy Statement" tell you how to cancel this prompt. It just sits there, taking up valuable real estate in the "Timeline" view - and I DO NOT want to click "Yes".

I am happy for Windows to keep track of my activity on my own device. I have no need to share that activity with anyone or anything else, so I will not click Yes. Microsoft's Privacy Statement says that they will not explicitly share anyone's details with anyone else - but hackers ignore privacy statements.

Sorry, Microsoft: you need to do better.

:)

John.Adriaan, Mar 1, 2020

2. Windows Timeline - 30 days

Yes,

The document (or history of this document as you refer to) definitely vanish from sight from my timeline and also the timelines of other devices which use the same Microsoft user account will be deleted after 30 days.

30 days is the retention limit, which cannot be made indefinitely.

Thanks

GaneshGandhi1982, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article http://www.thewindowsclub.com/timeline-feature-not-working-windows), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

"See more days in timeline"

Timeline under PEOPLE shows nothing

It's possible that some system files for the People app needs to be re-registered. To do that, we suggest following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.

• Click Command Prompt (Admin).

• Copy and paste the following command: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *People*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage
      -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
      and press Enter.

• Once it's finished, close the Command Prompt and check if Timelines are available on the app.

Gice us an update on what happens after re-registering the People app.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

"See more days in timeline"

1. "See more days in timeline" - Similar Threads - more days timeline

2. Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Timeline: Hi people.Setting up a new, to me, refurbished PC.My Os build is 19044.2006 My timeline only shows 3 days worth of data but with the option to sign in to microsoft and get the 30 days I had on my old PC.When I click on the blue sign in button I am taken to this screenMy...
  3. Timeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timeline: Hi people.Setting up a new, to me, refurbished PC.My Os build is 19044.2006 My timeline only shows 3 days worth of data but with the option to sign in to microsoft and get the 30 days I had on my old PC.When I click on the blue sign in button I am taken to this screenMy...
  4. Timeline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Timeline: Timeline in Task manager suddenly stopped working. Has been working well to date. Ideas of how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline/b01f1655-4c53-4f88-848b-37cb6f5562b8
  5. Hide "see your activities on all of your devices" on Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide "see your activities on all of your devices" on Timeline: I just upgraded to 1909 and there is a question "see your activities on all of your devices" on the timeline, with only a "yes'" button. I find this annoying. Is there some way to get rid of it without clicking "yes"?...
  6. Timeline

Timeline: I have the timeline feature enabled in windows 10. However, I don't see my Microsoft word or excel documents when I scroll through the timeline. How do I enable this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline/c37da475-8e93-43e3-8781-d10471434b2d
  7. Timeline issues...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timeline issues...: Hey guys... My timeline goes from March 4 to earlier today..everything in between is gone. I rebuilt the index and the same thing... Any ideas why? 130019
  8. Windows Timeline - 30 days

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Timeline - 30 days: Hello, I'm not very tech savvy so please go easy on me. Microsoft states in the below link that if I have "send my activity history to Microsoft" enabled then any documents I save will be sent from my timeline to the microsoft cloud and I would be able to grab it from...
  9. Timeline more than 4 days without ACC

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline more than 4 days without ACC: I think it goes without saying that not every1 want to surrender our privacy and give all our data to MS. Has any1 figured out how to "work the system" and allow for more than 4 days in the timeline? Thanks! 124796
  10. Windows 10 Timeline: no 'see all activities' option in timeline...

Windows 10 Timeline: no 'see all activities' option in timeline...: As per subject, I don't have the option to "See all activities" next to the date in timeline. Anyone know what gives here?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. see more days in timeline