Windows 10: See No CD

Discus and support See No CD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After upgrading to build 10586 my pc no longer recognizing a CD or DVD placed in the drive. After inserting either disk the screen still asks to insert... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AFTommy, Nov 7, 2015.

1. AFTommy Win User

See No CD

After upgrading to build 10586 my pc no longer recognizing a CD or DVD placed in the drive. After inserting either disk the screen still asks to insert a blank. The drive does show up on "This PC" and shows up as operating well in device manager. There's no indication of anything wrong other then what I mentioned.
    *What

:)

AFTommy, Nov 7, 2015

2. Can't see CD sleeves

See here:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=music&thread.id=9017

el_loco---01, Nov 7, 2015
  3. CD-ROM, can't see it

Hi,

I would like you to

1. Close all open programs

2. Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter

3. Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SYSTEM

CurrentControlSet

Control

Class

{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

4. This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters

LowerFilters

UpperFilters.bak

LowerFilters.bak

5. If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete

6. After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor

7. Reboot your computer

8. Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone. Also, be sure to check under Computer to make sure the
    CD/DVD drive is visible.

I'm hopeful following these steps will work for you.

Ref:

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-51093-computer-can...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Nov 7, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

See No CD

Hi,
    Go to Device Manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, right click it and see whether you have latest drivers, if not download the latest driver and install, after installing reboot and see whether it fixes the problem.

brummyfan, Nov 7, 2015
  5. AFTommy Win User
    no software update....latest is installed

AFTommy, Nov 7, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Try installing the chipset drivers again. If you find new drivers, even better.

spapakons, Nov 8, 2015
  7. AFTommy Win User
    sorry chipset drivers? no updates available. Windows says driver is newest available

AFTommy, Nov 8, 2015
  8. brummyfan Win User

See No CD

You will get that message when you try updating the driver in Device Manager, you should download drivers manually and install. Let us know the exact model of your Toshiba laptop and the current drivers installed.

brummyfan, Nov 8, 2015
  9. AFTommy Win User
    Toshiba Satellite
    L55B PSKT4U-08400G

CD/DVD Driver
    TSST Corp CDDVDW Su 208GB

l55

AFTommy, Nov 8, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    I could not find the exact model in Toshiba's site, but yours should also have an Intel chipset. There is no Windows 10 chipset driver in Toshiba's site, but the one for Windows 8 should work. Or you can go at Intel's site, select 1) Software, 2) Chipset software, 3) Intel chipset software installation utility and click Find. If your notebook is about a year old, then probably the latest driver 10.0.27 will work. If it is older, then try the previous version 9.2.0.1030 Click a version and then click on Release notes to see which chipsets are supported (assuming you know which chipset your notebook is, use Aida64 or other utility to find out).

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

See No CD