Windows 10: See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu

Discus and support See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like set my Win10 PC up similar to the way I have Windows 7 setup. I would like to see "Recent Items" and "Administrative Tools" on the Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Jun 28, 2019.

1. huffman Win User

See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu

I would like set my Win10 PC up similar to the way I have Windows 7 setup.
    I would like to see "Recent Items" and "Administrative Tools" on the Start Menu.

Is there anyway to customize the start menu?

:)

huffman, Jun 28, 2019
  2. ejmw Win User

Start menu "recent items"

Hi,

I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear.

If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately, the lists reappear again even with the setting turned "Off".

What can be done about this?

3. BillLipe Win User
    Recent Items on Start Menu in Windows 10

I am diligently looking for the Recent Items.

Jump Lists are not helpful since I have a number of programs/apps that I use.

I want to look at the Start Menu and see the Recent Files list and not be required to reach in and massage my brain in order to squeeze out the program/app that I used.

Since time immemorial (at least from Windows XP to Windows 8.1) we have had a list of recently used/opened/saved files on the Start Menu.

Would there be a "Button" that we could put on the Start Menu or the Task Bar to be able to see that list of files?

This doesn't seem to be that hard to do.

Thanks!

BillLipe, Jun 28, 2019
  4. See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu

"Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items

See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!

sunnyorlando, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu

1. See Recent Items and Customize Start Menu - Similar Threads - Recent Items Customize

2. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  3. Can't see "Recently Used Apps" on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't see "Recently Used Apps" on Start Menu: I click on the clock to show Recently Added/Used Apps, but I still only see Most Used Apps. I tried changing this on the System Settings but still nothing. Tried rebooting my PC and nothing. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/RedditUser_2594 [link] [comments]...
  4. Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to show recent items as a list in start menu?: The same way recently added items are shown (or any other way that isnt just a shortcut)? I have the same question for the left pane in file explorer. Is it possible to show a list like quick acess with only recent items? I know quick access can show them too. Im just...
  5. Customizing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Start Menu: When I try to edit start menu in Explorer it does let me make changes but my changes are not reflected on the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/0733cd6f-d942-4239-b4af-4d778204fb8e
  6. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  7. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  8. Start menu items...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  9. Customizing the Start Menu

Customizing the Start Menu: Is there a way to customize the Start Menu so I can remove the ABC letters & also place shortcuts into folders? What I mean is this: In 7, after I install a program, I can R-click the Orb & select (If I remember correctly) Properties or Open Windows Explorer. Opening Windows...
  10. Adding recent items to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding recent items to start menu: Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download folder in the start menu. Forgot how I did that in the first place. Thanks. 16448