Windows 10: See through window issues in External monitor

Discus and support See through window issues in External monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Right this one is strange. I have windows 10, dual monitor set up. It is an intermittent and unpredictable behaviour. What happens occasionally is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DBartlett3, Jul 10, 2019.

1. See through window issues in External monitor

Right this one is strange. I have windows 10, dual monitor set up. It is an intermittent and unpredictable behaviour.

What happens occasionally is that the second monitor (only happens on that one) will be working fine maximising and minimising windows. The without warning the 'top' 10% or so of the screen becomes 'see through' and displays my desktop. The open window navigation is lost. I click the task bar at the bottom and ask the windows to be side by side and it is fine. I maximise the window again and same see through. I refresh the screen. Same. The only way I can stop the behaviour and get the normal function back is to restart my computer.

I attach a screenshot showing the 'see through' window:

See through window issues in External monitor [​IMG]

***Modified title from: Dual monitor issue***

:)

DBartlett3, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Jul 10, 2019
  4. See through window issues in External monitor

Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

See through window issues in External monitor

1. See through window issues in External monitor - Similar Threads - through window issues

2. External monitor issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    External monitor issue: Hi, Last week I encountered an issue with my two external Dell monitors connected to my laptop. The issue I am having is:- If I turn on monitor 1 the laptop recognises it and it extends the display- If I turn on monitor 2 laptop both screens go into sleep mode but the laptop...
  3. External monitor issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor issue: Hi, Last week I encountered an issue with my two external Dell monitors connected to my laptop. The issue I am having is:- If I turn on monitor 1 the laptop recognises it and it extends the display- If I turn on monitor 2 laptop both screens go into sleep mode but the laptop...
  4. External monitor issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External monitor issue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor issue...: I hooked up an external ViewSonic montior to the USB hub on my laptop via a DVI to HDMI connector yea it's old. I extended the laptop display and I see my desktop on the external monitor and can drag programs over to it just fine. What I'm having issues with is when I click...
  6. External monitor issue...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor issue...: I hooked up an external ViewSonic montior to the USB hub on my laptop via a DVI to HDMI connector yea it's old. I extended the laptop display and I see my desktop on the external monitor and can drag programs over to it just fine. What I'm having issues with is when I click...
  7. External monitor issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor issue: Anytime my laptop is connected to my external monitor on battery power, it refreshes every few minutes causing the monitor to disconnect. Tried changing the refresh rate, but the correct refresh rate for the monitor isn't an option. Don't think it's a driver issue. Can...
  8. External Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitor Issue: I have an Asus Vivobook Pro X580VD-ds76t for the past 2 years and it has been working completely fine with an external monitor HDMI-HDMI. Ever since yesterday when I tried to connect it via HDMI-DisplayPort to a Lenovo monitor for the first time, it didnt work whatsoever. I...
  9. Windows 10/External Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10/External Monitor Issue: So I have my gaming laptop hooked up to a external monitor and that is my main monitor, I have no intention to use the laptop monitor anymore. However, I do need to keep my laptop screen open slightly so that the air vents can function optimally. I originally had the laptop...
  10. External Monitor Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    External Monitor Issues: I have an MSI Stealth Notebook and I am running Windows 10. I Have two external monitors, both I-Inc iL272s which only have VGA and DVI inputs. I bought two converters, a HDMI to VGA and a mini display port to VGA so that I could use each of the monitors separately. It works...