Windows 10: see which apps are affecting your battery life

Discus and support see which apps are affecting your battery life in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi, I like to ask about see which apps are affecting your battery life under settings. When it says show: apps with usage. Microsoft Edge was at 67%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulPChou, Jan 20, 2020.

1. PaulPChou Win User

see which apps are affecting your battery life

hi,

I like to ask about see which apps are affecting your battery life under settings. When it says show: apps with usage. Microsoft Edge was at 67% from my screenshot. But now, it is up to 68%. I am using Edge right now. Is it because I am using Edge, so that it went from 67% to 68%? How to get it to go lower and lower? Does the new Edge save battery life like in the old Edge? see which apps are affecting your battery life cc91695c-e1d9-424b-a00c-2dfb3c0a0403?upload=true.jpg see which apps are affecting your battery life d8674406-10f6-4827-85a0-1876d7148a77?upload=true.jpg

:)

PaulPChou, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Mhelrosy Win User

Battery life

Thanks for the info...

I'll do what you suggested... Just wanna know, does the application (e.x. MyPhone) affect the battery life, though it is in standby mode or locked?

Wabwu Shok! :smileyhappy:

Mhelrosy, Jan 20, 2020
  3. The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Jan 20, 2020
  4. see which apps are affecting your battery life

The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

see which apps are affecting your battery life

1. see which apps are affecting your battery life - Similar Threads - apps are affecting

2. Will Bitsum Highest performance affect my laptops battery life.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Bitsum Highest performance affect my laptops battery life.: if i use Bitsum Highest performance will it kill my battery life. meaning will i have to buy a new battery earlier.and also is it good for gaming and what power plan should i use for gaming...
  3. Life of battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Life of battery: My battery doesn't charge more than 52% though it is not old. What shall I do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/life-of-battery/5e12fd9f-5d27-4239-8109-8a127234ad1f
  4. battery life

battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  5. Increase your battery life with this easy trick!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase your battery life with this easy trick!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fussknitting [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/euvrui/increase_your_battery_life_with_this_easy_trick/
  6. Windows Explorer under see which apps are affecting your battery life

Windows Explorer under see which apps are affecting your battery life: hi there: I like to know one thing about see which apps are affecting your battery life. When my laptop is in battery mode, meaning it is not plugged in, I see that Windows Explorer states 35%, up from 31% even when I didn't even open Windows Explorer. How is that possible...
  7. Battery Life

Battery Life: My laptop's battery life drains incredibly fast. Unplugging the computer from a charger when its at 100% gives me about 4 minutes before it dies. I've tried freeing up memory, turning off the backlight on the keyboard, and lowing the screen brightness but none of it works....
  8. Does RAM affect laptop battery life?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does RAM affect laptop battery life?: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...412W1BDT&psc=1 I have 8gb and considering upgrading to 16gb ram. I saw in this description, it reduces battery consumption by over 40%. I never heard of this. If anything, wouldn't more ram use more battery life of your battery?...
  9. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  10. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba