Windows 10: Seeing all network share via android with 1809.

Discus and support Seeing all network share via android with 1809. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After upgrading to 1809, I could only access my public folders from my android devices. I checked all the sharing settings, network security, smb1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cereberus, Nov 4, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

Seeing all network share via android with 1809.

After upgrading to 1809, I could only access my public folders from my android devices.

I checked all the sharing settings, network security, smb1 set, insecure network authentication on etc. I had set up everyone everywhere with full permissions

I could not find the reason. After a lot of investigation, I found the solution in the network security permissions - my user drives and my secondary drive had been assigned system as the owner.

I changed ownership of my user directories and my secondary drives to everyone and it still did not work initially until I clicked on enable inheritance. It then spent a few minutes with quite a few popups I had to dismiss (refusing to process some files).

Once finished, all my user folders and secondary drive and files were visible from android.

They do not make it easy!

:)

cereberus, Nov 4, 2018

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 4, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Network and sharing

Hi,

We see that you are having issues accessing the shared drive on your network. To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer or network prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Nov 4, 2018
  4. Seeing all network share via android with 1809.

Cant see computers on network shares

I have 3 computers on the network. All have shared folders . My problem is as follows.

Lets call the computers c2, c3, c4. I am using network shares

When on computer c4 , computers c2 and c3 are not listed at all under network. Sometimes I do see c3 listed but cannot access it.

In computers c2 and c3 , all computers are listed and I can view all the shared folders in c2 , c3 including those on C4.

I cant understand why c4 have such problems viewing other computers on the network. I have rebooted router ( E4200) and computers but still have same problem .

All shared folders are properly shared. and no passwords are required for networks in adv sharing .

Not sure how to proceed to fix problem . Please advise Tks

sportflyer, Nov 4, 2018
Thema:

Seeing all network share via android with 1809.

1. Seeing all network share via android with 1809. - Similar Threads - Seeing network share

2. Issues with sharing internet via Network Bridge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with sharing internet via Network Bridge: Hi all, My requirement: Share WiFi internet on my laptop to my desktop via Ethernet cable both Windows 10. Current method: Network Bridge in Win 10. Problem: I can get internet access on desktop via above method but after a random time period, the WiFi adapter on...
  3. Computer seeing itself in network and sharing

Computer seeing itself in network and sharing: So I have a server running Windows 10 Pro, And the server sees itself in the network and sharing menu. [ATTACH] I don't this to happen as it makes it so the server can access itself even when network and sharing is turned off. I'm trying to run Minecraft bedrock...
  4. unable to see shared network drive on router

unable to see shared network drive on router: How do I setup windows 10 to be able to see all my shared network devices? I am looking for my //net-storage/drive that is on my router. I did it long ago for another computer but forget how I managed to accomplish the task....
  5. Networking sharing in 1809 and newer

Networking sharing in 1809 and newer: I have found the only fix to Microsoft damaging the network browser. You have to make sure that these are set to automatic https://filestore.community.support....47?upload=true, but that won't fix the whole problem. See when you turn on the computer or reboot, your computer...
  6. I cannot see shared files on network

I cannot see shared files on network: I am unable to access the shared folders of my Lenovo PC. But I am able to access other systems shared folders from this PC. I got a message The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected...
  7. Win10 1809 don't see all computers in network

Win10 1809 don't see all computers in network: Hi! I have seen a lot of people asking questions about problems with Win10 1908 not seeing other computers; I have a similar one, but none of the solutions described in all the posts I saw worked for me. I have: PC1 (Win10 1809, cable connected) no wifi available;...
  8. Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet

Help with Network Sharing via Ethernet: Hi, I'm having problems with trying to share my Wi-Fi connection to another device via Ethernet. When I plug the cord in it says, "Unidentifiable network" and "no access type" If I run the troubleshooter, it says, "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"...
  9. Cannot see my shared pc on network

Cannot see my shared pc on network: Hello, i have a pc running windows 10 Home and i chose a name for this pc and entered the network workgroup name and restarted the pc... Now i have about 8-9 pcs running on windows 7 in this network...i can see all the networked pcs on my windows 10 pc but on other computers...
  10. Cant see computers on network shares

Cant see computers on network shares: I have 3 computers on the network. All have shared folders . My problem is as follows. Lets call the computers c2, c3, c4. I am using network shares When on computer c4 , computers c2 and c3 are not listed at all under network. Sometimes I do see c3 listed but cannot...