Windows 10: Seeing both bins on my Desktop

Discus and support Seeing both bins on my Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have literally got both bin icons on my desktop (windows 10), if I remove the bin in my settings, they both disappear, if I activate the bin,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by U.B.A, Oct 9, 2019.

1. U.B.A Win User

Seeing both bins on my Desktop

Hi,

I have literally got both bin icons on my desktop (windows 10), if I remove the bin in my settings, they both disappear, if I activate the bin, they both appear again. It seems after every new windows update, I have one new problem, come on Microsoft!

Thanks in advance,

UA

Seeing both bins on my Desktop 86ef47e6-7157-485d-99c3-262606c01dbc?upload=true.png

:)

U.B.A, Oct 9, 2019

2. Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Cwedin Win User
    Recycle Bin

Hi, Scout-86.

Bare with me. I'm only a student in Information Technology. I believe the recycle bin might be corrupted, causing it to vanish from the desktop completely.

Try one of these two fixes and see if helps.

Solution 1:

• Step 1: Select Start -> Settings -> Personalization -> Themes -> Desktop icon settings.
    • Step 2: Make sure the checkbox for Recycle Bin is checked, then select OK. You should see the icon displayed on your desktop.

Solution 2:

• Step 1 Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Step 2 Type the command rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and press enter.
    • Step 3 Type exit to close the Command Prompt window

I hope this helps!

(This comes from [Fixed] Can't Find or Open Recycle Bin Windows 10/8/7 - EaseUS)

Cwedin, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Seeing both bins on my Desktop

RECYCLE BIN ON DESKTOP, Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern to find Recycle bin in Windows 10, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Desktop, select
      Personalize.
    • Click on Themes in the left pane of this window.
    • Click on Desktop icon settings
      and click on Recycle bin icon.
    • Click Apply and Ok.
    • Now you will be able to see Recycle bin on the desktop.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Seeing both bins on my Desktop

1. Seeing both bins on my Desktop - Similar Threads - Seeing both bins

2. Desktop icons in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in recycle bin: Hi guys, Having a small problem where i go to start my laptop in the morning after using it the night before and for some reason alot of my desktop icons have been sent to my recycle bin? So every morning i have to restore them all... it`s a bit annoying. I have Sync turned...
  3. Can't see my deleted Firefox bookmarks in the recycle bin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see my deleted Firefox bookmarks in the recycle bin: How can I permanently delete or restore those deleted items? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-my-deleted-firefox-bookmarks-in-the/12c84a88-3b4d-4fe2-bdc6-b3c274092001
  4. Show Desktop button shows both my desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show Desktop button shows both my desktops: [ATTACH] So I have a dual monitor setup and when I click on button to show my desktop both my monitors start showing the desktop making it very awkward. I wanted to be able to see the desktop on just the monitor I clicked on the button and keep the other one open with the...
  5. my desktop files end up in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    my desktop files end up in recycle bin: i keep word files on my desktop, windows 10, and find some of them in the recycle bin. I didnt delete them. How can I stop this happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-files-end-up-in-recycle/a0355d89-66b7-421d-af50-e22066391326
  6. Remove desktop trash bin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove desktop trash bin: Is there some way to remove the trash bin from the desktop and add a shortcut of it to quick access? submitted by /u/Sir_Axolot12345 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ip4urv/remove_desktop_trash_bin/
  7. RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP

RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP: HOW DO I ADD RECYCLE BIN TO MY DESKTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-not-on-desktop/1bc67ee1-8862-48e4-b71a-e4c1de4a4640
  8. I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop

I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop: I have a desktop folder full of files and such, but I did something by accident and now the items that are in my desktop folder don't show on my desktop screen. Can you help? Thanks...
  9. Recycle Bin on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin on desktop: I can't access this folder on my desktop icon to see what is in it, please can you help me? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-on-desktop/22ccbdea-d6b5-4416-b4ee-4fb418c0652e"
  10. Recycle bin I don't see

Recycle bin I don't see: I can not find the recycle bin, I can not see it anywhere. how can I get it? I delete a file and I need to recover it from there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-i-dont-see/e90051bd-61b4-4d1d-b9ab-27c97a7991d3