Windows 10: Seeing other storage on my network

Discus and support Seeing other storage on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, So, I have a home network, based on a Linksys router, which has two external drives plugged into it; movies and music. Up until yesterday when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GSatt22, Nov 10, 2019.

1. GSatt22 Win User

Seeing other storage on my network

Hi,

So, I have a home network, based on a Linksys router, which has two external drives plugged into it; movies and music. Up until yesterday when I opened file explorer on my notebook I could see the router and access external storage. Last night I turned the router off overnight and today I can not see it. when I go in to Settings>Devices>Bluetooth and Other Devices the router is in the list of connected devices, twice actually. Once with the 'wifi' symbol and again with the symbol which I suppose is a computer with a small triangle pointing to the right (sorry, reading a request here from one who is very not up on all this).

Does anyone have a suggestion how i can again 'see' my router and external drives in file explorer on my notebook so i can work with those files?

Incidentally, despite having been able to see the router on my notebook, I have never been able to replicate this situation on my Surface Pro, which is annoying and also a reason I won't be moving 100% to the Surface anytime soon.

Thank you.

:)

GSatt22, Nov 10, 2019

2. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 10, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Seeing other storage on my network - Similar Threads - Seeing storage network

2. PC not seeing other computers on my network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not seeing other computers on my network: Recently I set up a new PC for one of my employees. It periodically stops seeing other computers on my Network, including our file share server.When this occurs, I log the user out, log in using my MS 365 account, and then go to File Explorer, and all of the computers on the...
  3. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  4. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    see other computers on network: I have tried many of the recommendations online, but none seem to work.Surely there is a way to make transfering files from one computer to another possible, using my home network.Thanks for help.greg...
  5. see other computers on network

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see MY computer in the network but can see others.: I have windows 10 - updated with the latest software. Network adapter drivers are the latest. I am connected via eithernet or Wifi and have the SAME issue. I enabled the settings to allow network discovery and to be seen on the network for private networks. Both Wifi and...
  7. How to see others in my network

How to see others in my network: I bought 2 new desk tops. All connected by ethernet router. I cannot see others in my network. They cannot see me too. I can serve the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-see-others-in-my-network/8f9f3178-6a7f-4260-917f-2e4e84708b4c
  8. Not seeing other computers in network

Not seeing other computers in network: After january updates I haven't been able to see other computers in same network via file explorer, all computers are in same network since I can map as a drive shared folder (just takes bit longer than simply browsing with file explorer) and february update didn't fix it so...
  9. How to see other computers on my network

How to see other computers on my network: I have a desktop with windows 10 and I want to see 2 other computers in my network one is a laptop and one is a desktop both are running windows XP....
  10. Can't see other computers on my network

Can't see other computers on my network: I have two Win 7 computers on my wired network and 6 Win XP computers on this same network. This main computer was Win 7 and just upgraded to Win 10 in November. For a year this network has worked just fine, plug and play basically when I set it up, now after Christmas...