Windows 10: Seeing Photos

Discus and support Seeing Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In previous versions of Windows, I could simply click on a photo in a folder and see the other photos by using the left and right directional keys.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EHH123, Oct 21, 2021.

1. EHH123 Win User

Seeing Photos

In previous versions of Windows, I could simply click on a photo in a folder and see the other photos by using the left and right directional keys. Now, I can only do that by holding down the mouse button and include all the pictures like I'm playing an RTS game. Is there a way to change the options to make it like the old way?

:)

EHH123, Oct 21, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Seeing Photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Seeing Photos

How to view photos in a Slideshow in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and press F5.

• You will be able to see the photos in slideshow.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Seeing Photos

1. Seeing Photos - Similar Threads - Seeing Photos

2. It won’t let me see my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It won’t let me see my photos: I just got this hp computer to view a usb given to me filled with photos. I am able to see some but not all of the photos. While some work perfectly fine others say things like “we cannot support this file” and “this file may have been moved or renamed” and things like that....
  3. It won’t let me see my photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won’t let me see my photos: I just got this hp computer to view a usb given to me filled with photos. I am able to see some but not all of the photos. While some work perfectly fine others say things like “we cannot support this file” and “this file may have been moved or renamed” and things like that....
  4. It won’t let me see my photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. when can I see an animated webp image in Win11 APP Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when can I see an animated webp image in Win11 APP Photos?: When I open an animated webp with Photos, it is shown as a static image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-can-i-see-an-animated-webp-image-in-win11-app/08b189d1-3375-499b-9a73-6d9d111a4406
  6. when can I see an animated webp image in Win11 APP Photos?

when can I see an animated webp image in Win11 APP Photos?: When I open an animated webp with Photos, it is shown as a static image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-can-i-see-an-animated-webp-image-in-win11-app/08b189d1-3375-499b-9a73-6d9d111a4406
  7. I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos: So,I am trying to open any photo file with Microsoft Photos but apparently since the last update of the application it just shows a black box, I have tried updating Windows, updating the application but nothing works....
  8. I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos: So,I am trying to open any photo file with Microsoft Photos but apparently since the last update of the application it just shows a black box, I have tried updating Windows, updating the application but nothing works....
  9. I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos

10. Why can't I see my pictures in the photo app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I see my pictures in the photo app?: Hi! I've been having an issue recently with viewing my pictures in the photo app. All of my photos are saved onto my laptop and I can view them if I go onto the folders they are in on file explorer, but when I try to view them on the photo app I can't see them anymore, which...