Windows 10: Seeing strange errors: Windows firewall service is not running and cannot find a way to get...

Discus and support Seeing strange errors: Windows firewall service is not running and cannot find a way to get... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a very weird problem that has manifested itself in the last few days. I have Windows 10. I have plenty of RAM and free disk space. 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by meerkat71424, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Seeing strange errors: Windows firewall service is not running and cannot find a way to get...

Hi, I have a very weird problem that has manifested itself in the last few days.

I have Windows 10. I have plenty of RAM and free disk space.

1 Here are the updates I have installed: https://imgur.com/a/akaVMJc

PROBLEM 1: For some reason, if I want to open a picture, the Photos app will say "There’s a problem with Photos. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it."

PROBLEM 2: If I try to sign into Windows using my Live account it'll just disappear. It won't show the enter your username and password.

PROBLEM 3: The firewall is not running. I cannot restart it. I cannot stop it.

PROBLEM 4: When I tap "Use Recommended Settings" the button doesn't do anything. It just disappears. This is very very strange.

https://imgur.com/a/xy7l9Xl

I get the feeling, my computer has to be reinstalled. The issues are very, very strange. Photos won't start. See error above.

2 When I run this command in the power shell as an Adminstrator

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

I see the following message.

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0A, The package could not be installed because the Windows

Firewall service is not running. Enable the Windows Firewall service and try again.

error 0x80073D0A: Failed to install package 7EE7776C.LinkedInforWindows_2.1.7098.0_neutral__w1wdnht996qgy because the

firewall service is not running. Ensure that the firewall service is enabled and started.

So the firewall isn't running. I never shut it off. Did an update bust it? I don't have any virus. What can I do to recover the system?

Please help! Thank you!

:)

meerkat71424, Oct 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 28, 2020
  3. oemSoft Win User
    Is window 10 firewall 1 way or 2 way?

I would like to know on how to create a white and black lists for firewall, so whenever any unknown traffic, it pops up and request permission and add into white or black lists in order to control and monitor and where to backup those lists as well.

On the other hands, there are windows firewall and windows defender, is there any difference in term of firewall?

Do you have any suggestions on whether win 10 Firewall has this feature or not?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemSoft, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Seeing strange errors: Windows firewall service is not running and cannot find a way to get...

Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9

Hi AnudieKatz.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since you are facing an issue with the Windows Defender firewall, I would like to ask you few questions to get a better picture.

1. Are you using any other Anti-virus software?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you tried installing Picture viewer and Calendar app after it getting uninstalled?

Based on your information, I would like to inform you that if you are using third party anti-virus program Windows defender will automatically turn off from your system you will not able turn it on manually.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1: Check the following services and ensure it is started.

1. Press Windows and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Search for the following services:
    • Base filtering engine Service
    • Remote Procedure Call Service
    • Windows defender firewall service
    4. Start the above services and reboot the device.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try running the troubleshooter to enable the firewall. Use the below link to run the troubleshooter.

Automatically diagnose and fix problems with Windows Firewall

If you are still facing the same issue after following the above steps, revert with the details asked.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Seeing strange errors: Windows firewall service is not running and cannot find a way to get...

1. Seeing strange errors: Windows firewall service is not running and cannot find a way to get... - Similar Threads - Seeing strange errors

2. STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER: Hello, today i was looking through task manager as usual to see if i find any unfamiliar tasks or programs running. I came to meet this stranger services runningpkease find below, images attached. I wanted to know if these are threats or viruses. Thanks!...
  3. STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER: Hello, today i was looking through task manager as usual to see if i find any unfamiliar tasks or programs running. I came to meet this stranger services runningpkease find below, images attached. I wanted to know if these are threats or viruses. Thanks!...
  4. STRANGE SERVICES RUNNING IN TASK MANAGER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot run TaskManager shows the following error:"Windows cannot find...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot run TaskManager shows the following error:"Windows cannot find...: This problem has been happening with me since the last few days and after looking the problem up it shows that you will have to do registry tweaks in your system to fix the problem but after navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image...
  6. Firewall service is not running

Firewall service is not running: In my pc the windows firewall service is not running, i have tried the way which microsoft virtual agent gave but nothing happened. I also downloaded an app named *windows firewall* but nothing happened. If there is another way please tell me........
  7. Way to find if any of these services are running in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Way to find if any of these services are running in Windows 10?: [ATTACH] When I initially installed Windows I disabled every privacy settings it wanted me to activate but last night when I logged in I saw this popup which resembled a lot to those privacy settings. I was extremely tired to process all that info and so I just clicked...
  8. Windows firewall is off, cannot get in on

Windows firewall is off, cannot get in on: I am getting a notification telling me the Windows firewall is off. Nothing I do will restore the default setting. Thanks for any help you can give[ATTACH]...
  9. Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run

Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run: I am trying to run a .exe file for some software but it gets blocked. I can not find a way to get it to run. I have tried as Administrator, there is also no tick box under file/properties to 'unblock' the file. I added an inbound and outbound rule to my Windows Defender to...
  10. ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service

ERROR 1068: Cannot start Firewall service: After running windows in safe mode to test something my firewall stopped working. I need some help since i could not find anything related to this issue on Win10. When i try to initialize windows Firewall service i get the message error 1068 and when i try to run it through...