Windows 10: Seeing the full text in the "Look In:" text box when browsing for a folder/file

Discus and support Seeing the full text in the "Look In:" text box when browsing for a folder/file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I commonly have to drop in Hyperlinks in emails (Outlook) and could spend a lot of time looking trying to find the respective folder/file I am looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tourne, Dec 3, 2019 at 10:32 AM.

1. Tourne Win User

Seeing the full text in the "Look In:" text box when browsing for a folder/file

I commonly have to drop in Hyperlinks in emails (Outlook) and could spend a lot of time looking trying to find the respective folder/file I am looking for because I can't see the full path address in the "Look In:" text box.

I resort to clicking folder by folder so then I can scroll through the Address text box to see the full text.

Any suggestions/tips to help me out with this?

Example below. It's really time consuming to find the sub-folder that sits under that initial folder.

Seeing the full text in the "Look In:" text box when browsing for a folder/file ffa75edf-4f55-4a68-8fa4-103b56260f6a?upload=true.png

:)

2. 95Viper Win User
  3. YIN
    Yin Win User
    Looking for a program which grabs folders\files and converts it into text

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a program which lets you pick a folder and grabs all the files\folders names and puts it in a text file.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't.

4. Drone Win User

Looking for a program which grabs folders\files and converts it into text

umm lol ... open command promt as admin and run

Code: cd full path of desired folder dir /s >c:\list.txt[/quote] In list.txt you'll see what you need.

If you use Windows 8 you don't even need the first line. Just enter desired dir and then file -> open command promt -> open command promt as administrator and run the second line.

If you don't know what dir is type dir /? to see more commands.

Thema:

1. Seeing the full text in the "Look In:" text box when browsing for a folder/file - Similar Threads - Seeing full text

2. text boxes not allowing imput

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    text boxes not allowing imput: Unable to fill in any information required in Text Boxes on internet forms. Just resting the curser in a text box will delete the web site. HELP Have spent 6 hrs researching problem, Im not even close. Not long ago up graded to Windows 10. Just discovered that some how...
  3. 'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Browse For Folders' Dialog Boxes...: @Brink : Is there a way to get Browse For Folders Dialog Boxes to retain, not only their last size, but also, their last position? [img] 132864
  4. centering text boxes on a page

centering text boxes on a page: I clicked on a pair of grouped text boxes to select them and then clicked the Format tab under Drawing Tools. Next I clicked on Align in the Arrange group and clicked on Align Center and nothing happens. The text boxes stay in their current position. I also tried...
  5. Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text not appearing in text box on Paint 3D: When I try to create a text box on top of a photo, I get nothing - nada, zero, zilch. Here are the steps I'm taking: 1. right click on a jpeg file and select "edit with paint 3D" 2.click on "T" (text) at the top, hover over the area I want my text box and click again....
  6. Text size looks smaller

Text size looks smaller: Hi, I have an issue in my application e.g. Autocad products, as text sizes look smaller than normal hence difficult to read. Does someone experience like me? If yes, how to fix this? Thank you...
  7. Can't see full text in date and time option...

Can't see full text in date and time option...: [IMG]Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/cant-see-full-text-in-date-and-time-option/9a84f97e-6aff-4da5-b7e7-fd09fb5a4713
  8. Looking for a Text to string application

Looking for a Text to string application: Hello I'm looking for an application or a web site that I will use to record good quality mp3 file from a string. Type a text and the output is a spoken mp3 file I was using few years ago AT&T application, but this site is down now Martin 26503
  9. Looking For Text Expander Program

Looking For Text Expander Program: Hello All, I recently discovered that the text expander / replacement software I was using in Windows 10 was the cause of a major hardware typing problem and had to be removed. I am looking for a simple program that will allow me to type a shortcut (a mnemonic) that would...
  10. Weird text box

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird text box: Hi All Question for you . I have been playing this game for a bit and I keep noticing this strange text box pop up when moving around it will just randomly pop up see the screen shot. [img] Now I am unsure what is getting this box to pop up. I do have additional...