Windows 10: Seeing the full text in the "Look In:" text box when browsing for a folder/file

Discus and support Seeing the full text in the "Look In:" text box when browsing for a folder/file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I commonly have to drop in Hyperlinks in emails (Outlook) and could spend a lot of time looking trying to find the respective folder/file I am looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tourne, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Tourne Win User

Seeing the full text in the "Look In:" text box when browsing for a folder/file

I commonly have to drop in Hyperlinks in emails (Outlook) and could spend a lot of time looking trying to find the respective folder/file I am looking for because I can't see the full path address in the "Look In:" text box.

I resort to clicking folder by folder so then I can scroll through the Address text box to see the full text.

Any suggestions/tips to help me out with this?

Example below. It's really time consuming to find the sub-folder that sits under that initial folder.

Seeing the full text in the "Look In:" text box when browsing for a folder/file ffa75edf-4f55-4a68-8fa4-103b56260f6a?upload=true.png

:)

Tourne, Dec 3, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 3, 2019
  3. YIN
    Yin Win User
    Looking for a program which grabs folders\files and converts it into text

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a program which lets you pick a folder and grabs all the files\folders names and puts it in a text file.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't.

4. Drone Win User

Looking for a program which grabs folders\files and converts it into text

umm lol ... open command promt as admin and run

Code: cd full path of desired folder dir /s >c:\list.txt[/quote] In list.txt you'll see what you need.

If you use Windows 8 you don't even need the first line. Just enter desired dir and then file -> open command promt -> open command promt as administrator and run the second line.

If you don't know what dir is type dir /? to see more commands.

Drone, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Seeing the full text in the "Look In:" text box when browsing for a folder/file - Similar Threads - Seeing full text

2. Combo box not showing full Unicode text when an item is selected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combo box not showing full Unicode text when an item is selected: Issue DescriptionWhen items in the ComboBox list contain non-English text i.e. include characters that span multiple bytes, selecting those items results in the text being truncated in the selection field. This truncation also occurs when setting text in the ComboBox using...
  3. Combo box not showing full Unicode text when an item is selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combo box not showing full Unicode text when an item is selected: Issue DescriptionWhen items in the ComboBox list contain non-English text i.e. include characters that span multiple bytes, selecting those items results in the text being truncated in the selection field. This truncation also occurs when setting text in the ComboBox using...
  4. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  5. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  6. Unwanted Text Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unwanted Text Box: When I am using Microsoft Edge, a text box that says "Enter your search term" is always in the middle of my screen, no matter what page I navigate to. Can anyone help me figure out how to get rid of it? For reference, I have taken a screen shot of a page with the box. Thank...
  7. Windows 10 text looks like square boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 text looks like square boxes: The fonts are as shown in the screenshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-text-looks-like-square-boxes/cb161b1a-8249-4403-b50c-6b30af7e3889
  8. Text box issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Text box issues: I’m having problems typing my password in the text box for Wifi connection, It won’t let me type in the password , I’ve moved the cursor and clicked it in the text box both left and right and still nothing . Thanks...
  9. Weird box with text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird box with text: So this user keeps getting weird squares on her computer, and I can't really figure out why. it's not just in word or excel it's everything she opens. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-box-with-text/38f4a2e8-317a-4835-89b8-8c1a2ede896c
  10. Weird text box

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird text box: Hi All Question for you . I have been playing this game for a bit and I keep noticing this strange text box pop up when moving around it will just randomly pop up see the screen shot. [img] Now I am unsure what is getting this box to pop up. I do have additional...