Windows 10: Seeing "thumbs.db" and "desktop.ini" files on my desktop. Not showing hidden folders/files...

Discus and support Seeing "thumbs.db" and "desktop.ini" files on my desktop. Not showing hidden folders/files... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thefiercekid [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thefiercekid, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Seeing "thumbs.db" and "desktop.ini" files on my desktop. Not showing hidden folders/files...

/u/thefiercekid, Sep 16, 2020

2. Can't See files, not hidden

Folder options->show hidden files/folders.

Checking the hidden box is a property, not a viewing preference.

Dippyskoodlez, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Can't See files, not hidden

That was the first thing I tried Dippy... but it didn't work.. meaning I've enabled viewing of and turned them from hidden to normal. *see the pictures*

Seeing "thumbs.db" and "desktop.ini" files on my desktop. Not showing hidden folders/files... show.png

Seeing "thumbs.db" and "desktop.ini" files on my desktop. Not showing hidden folders/files... show2.png

ChaoticBlankness, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Seeing "thumbs.db" and "desktop.ini" files on my desktop. Not showing hidden folders/files...

Can't See files, not hidden

More problems for tonight... (see me format thread for previous probs)

I've recovered my lost files to c:\temp\recovery on a spare rig. When I check the properties on the recovery folder it says the folder is huge and full of files and folder... but when I open it I don't see anything.

So I clicked on the recovery folder again and made sure it wasn't set to hidden and then to apply to all other sub folders and files. (and even during that process it showed it was applying it to the missing files "applying to c:\temp\recovery\root\...."

However I still can't see anything past \recovery\.. meaning I can't access the \root\ sub folder. WTF? Any ideas?

ChaoticBlankness, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Seeing "thumbs.db" and "desktop.ini" files on my desktop. Not showing hidden folders/files...

1. Seeing "thumbs.db" and "desktop.ini" files on my desktop. Not showing hidden folders/files... - Similar Threads - Seeing thumbs desktop

2. Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...: i started experiencing this issue of my software icons showing on desktop and not on desktop folder in explorer ive tried everything but nothing as changed...
  3. Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...: i started experiencing this issue of my software icons showing on desktop and not on desktop folder in explorer ive tried everything but nothing as changed...
  4. Some Desktop icons showing on the desktop but they do not in the Desktop folder in File...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop: Hi all,My wife cleaned up my keyboard in the afternoon and then all the files on the desktop are not visible anymore, but they are visible in File Explorer > desktop. So I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts or settings that are causing this. Here are the steps I've...
  6. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop: Hi all,My wife cleaned up my keyboard in the afternoon and then all the files on the desktop are not visible anymore, but they are visible in File Explorer > desktop. So I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts or settings that are causing this. Here are the steps I've...
  7. All files in Desktop are hidden, but are visible in the File Explorer> Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Desktop folders and files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop folders and files: I cannot right click and create a new folder on my desktop. Nor can I move an existing one there for easy access. I once had several there and they've all gone to roost in the right hand nav files and folders. Seems like this should be a simple fix but I am unable to find...
  9. Desktop INI and Autorun

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop INI and Autorun: So... I have multiple external hdds. I have autoruns on them to generate Labels and Icons. That is working properly. I have multiple sub folders on those hdds. I need 2 different types of Desktop INIs that I cannot seem to get working. **NOT Working** I need the parent on...
  10. Application called desktop(a hidden file) on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application called desktop(a hidden file) on my desktop: [ATTACH] Hello guys, Whenever I switch on my pc, there is a hidden application called desktop (two of them) on my Desktop looking like a white page with a gear symbol on on the bottom left. Is this a problem or is it supposed to be like that? I haven't touched them yet,...