Windows 10: Seeking advice on multiple file attribute changer with preview

Discus and support Seeking advice on multiple file attribute changer with preview in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Regularly.. I wish to update the modified dates of files, based on the dates mentioned IN the documents. For instance, a list of PDF files, or JPG/PNG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tfwul, Mar 24, 2021.

1. tfwul Win User

Seeking advice on multiple file attribute changer with preview

Regularly.. I wish to update the modified dates of files, based on the dates mentioned IN the documents.

For instance, a list of PDF files, or JPG/PNG files, all in the same folder.

Right now, the process is like this:
    - open each single file
    - remember the date displayed (or write it down)
    - close the file
    - change the file with some attribute change tool
    - open the next file
    .. and so on.

Am seeking a tool that:
    -shows the contents of a file
    -so I can change the modified date shown
    then click on [Next] to display the contents of the next file
    and so on.

I.e. no need to open/close, open/close...remember dates

Most attribute changers can handle 1 file only, or batch (all having the same date) but do not have preview of the contents.

Any suggestions?

:)

tfwul, Mar 24, 2021
  2. EarlE3 Win User

File Explorer Create date attribute

When I change a file create date to any date before 1980, File Explorer does not show the date attribute and sorting by date does not work.

I am using Bulk File Changer or Attribute Changer to change the attribute. I believe this is a bug.

EarlE3, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Change file attribute to 'unhide'

Hello Walt,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the attribute of any file/folder to unhide.

Step A: Show Hidden files

1. Open Windows Explorer(win logo key+E) or My computer.

2. Now click on View on top of the window.
    3. Untick ‘Hidden items’ in the options.

Step B: Change file attribute

1. Once the hidden file is located, right click on the file/folder you want to change the attribute for.

2. Go to ‘properties’, untick the box facing hidden.

3. Now, Click on ‘apply’ and then ‘ok’.

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Ahmadkw Win User

changing file and folder attributes

Hi all,
    I know that I am too late, but I just saw this thread. However, I've found this software;
    Attribute Changer 9
    Change file and folder properties with ease
    Version 9.50a - Released 15 February 2020
    Download and read more here;
    Home | Attribute Changer

Regards,

Ahmadkw, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Seeking advice on multiple file attribute changer with preview - Similar Threads - Seeking advice multiple

2. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  3. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  4. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Even when I change the file attributes so they are not "read only", every time I shut off the computer and turn it back on, they revert to "read only". What can I do to stop this? It's so annoying....
  5. Seeking Advice for Deleting a File that Won't Delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeking Advice for Deleting a File that Won't Delete: Windows 10 Pro - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) Howdy Folks, I'm looking for the easiest way to delete a file that won't delete. FWIW: this is an instructional video I downloaded for a new software I purchased: PDFelement Video Extension: .mkv (apparently it only plays...
  6. Seeking Advice for DistributedCOM Error 10016

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Seeking Advice for DistributedCOM Error 10016: Windows 10 Pro - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.867) FWIW: I've avoided KB5001330 based on all the talk online. Howdy Folks, (Please advise if I am posting in the wrong forum.) My monitor just went blank and a quick check of my desktop indicated it was still running. A simple...
  7. Seeking advice running Malwarebytes with Norton 360

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seeking advice running Malwarebytes with Norton 360: Windows 10 Pro - 2004, OS Build: 19041.746 Howdy All *Smile A couple days ago I had a 'bad actor' try to access my system. Fortunately Norton 360 (and some of my common sense) saved me from a big headache. Studying the history log I was impressed Norton came out on top...
  8. Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2: Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1139 Howdy Folks *Smile With all the Cumulative Update and 2004 Feature update issues I've been holding at 1909. I'm on "Pause" now and have my Group Policy Windows Update Setting at #3 - "Download and Notify for Install". Additionally,...
  9. Seeking Advice Using WAU Manager (by carifred.com)

Seeking Advice Using WAU Manager (by carifred.com): Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1139 Re: Seeking Advice Using WAU Manager (by carifred.com) Howdy Folks, *Smile 1. The "Hide Selected button" is *turned off*/*doesn't work* and online help doesn't give me any information. What might I be missing? 2. I unexpectedly...
  10. Seeking advice, bad performance after updating

Seeking advice, bad performance after updating: A couple of days ago my system did an automatic update (which I have hopefully found a work around to prevent). Ever since it rebooted from the update there has been a noticeable drop in performance. When I boot up it takes longer for the login screen to come in, after...