Windows 10: Seeking advice running Malwarebytes with Norton 360

Discus and support Seeking advice running Malwarebytes with Norton 360 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro - 2004, OS Build: 19041.746 Howdy All *Smile A couple days ago I had a 'bad actor' try to access my system. Fortunately Norton 360... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jdUnionngarden, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Seeking advice running Malwarebytes with Norton 360

Windows 10 Pro - 2004, OS Build: 19041.746

Howdy All *Smile

A couple days ago I had a 'bad actor' try to access my system. Fortunately Norton 360 (and some of my common sense) saved me from a big headache. Studying the history log I was impressed Norton came out on top after seeing the techniques used by the 'other guy'.

A few years ago I tried Malwarebytes and found it annoying, especially its interaction with Norton, so I uninstalled it.

I'm looking for any thoughts/comments on whether Malwarebytes and Norton now play well together and for any suggestions configuring both towards that end.

TIA to all who read this post and to those who reply.
    *Cool

:)

jdUnionngarden, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Le Boule Win User

Windows Antivirus enabled Norton Antivirus disabled?

Assuming you've got Norton installed...

Two suggestions to try.

I use Malwarebytes Free (also have Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit) with Windows Defender and there are no conflicts.

But you may want to seek advice from Norton about using Malwarebytes products concurrently with Norton programs

Regards...

Le Boule, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Norton 360 Firewall Instructions

So, just to make sure, you have disabled the Norton and it connects OK, e.g. the firewall is the problem? I would say that the settings for the Norton Personal Firewall would be the same for 360 since same manufacturer. You should be able to input the same
    info in 360 somewhere. Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the software so can't give step by step instructions. I guess you could wait for someone to respond that has experience with 360 or go to a Norton forum.

Resourceful, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Seeking advice running Malwarebytes with Norton 360

Belarc installation not allowed by Norton 360

Are you running two anti-virus products at the same time? MBAMSERVICE is part of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. If it and Norton 360 are active at the same time you could be seeing conflicts between the two products.

Alan Russell, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Seeking advice running Malwarebytes with Norton 360

1. Seeking advice running Malwarebytes with Norton 360 - Similar Threads - Seeking advice running

2. Norton 360 installation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton 360 installation Issues: I uninstalled Norton since it decided to put backup arrow marks on my icons despite backup being disabled. Now I am trying to reinstall Norton and I keep receiving a message"Another Doownload Manager is currently running. Please wait for it to complete and try again"...
  3. Norton 360 installation Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norton 360 installation Issues: I uninstalled Norton since it decided to put backup arrow marks on my icons despite backup being disabled. Now I am trying to reinstall Norton and I keep receiving a message"Another Doownload Manager is currently running. Please wait for it to complete and try again"...
  4. Norton 360 scans run slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton 360 scans run slow: One user complained that it took two hours to scan a million items.BOY! I wish I had his problem!For my computer to scan a million items, it takes ELEVEN HOURS! Most of the time, I can't even get to the scan options and have to try two or three times. It started giving me...
  5. Norton 360 scans run slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Norton 360 scans run slow: One user complained that it took two hours to scan a million items.BOY! I wish I had his problem!For my computer to scan a million items, it takes ELEVEN HOURS! Most of the time, I can't even get to the scan options and have to try two or three times. It started giving me...
  6. Norton 360 scans run slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Norton 360 popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton 360 popup: When I first installed Norton 360, got popup telling me that I had to remove Malwarebytes. I do not want to do this. Reinstalled software and got another Norton 360 popup warning me that 360 is not compatible with Windows 10 on desktop keeps coming up when I boot. Norton...
  8. Norton 360

Norton 360: I have a Surface Pro X, can I download Norton 360? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-360/bc684229-33a4-4355-a08b-ab57985e3ac1"
  9. Running Malwarebytes and Norton Security Together. Is it possible?

Running Malwarebytes and Norton Security Together. Is it possible?: I've been using Norton Internet Security for quite some time and am pleased with it. I also use Malwarebytes (free) to perform occasional scans. I've noticed that Malwarebytes finds more suspicious items when scanning than when I run a Norton scan, although Norton appears to...
  10. norton 360 renewal 2016

norton 360 renewal 2016: I'm getting ready to renew my Norton 360 anti-virus for 2016,how will the Norton work with windows 10? 46538