Windows 10: Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2

Discus and support Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1139 Howdy Folks *Smile With all the Cumulative Update and 2004 Feature update issues I've been holding at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jdUnionngarden, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2

Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1139

Howdy Folks *Smile
    With all the Cumulative Update and 2004 Feature update issues I've been holding at 1909. I'm on "Pause" now and have my Group Policy Windows Update Setting at #3 - "Download and Notify for Install". Additionally, I have WUMT onboard to hide any unwanted updates, but it's not detecting anything new (I'm guessing) because of my above settings.

I'm seeking advice on skipping the 2004 Feature update and jumping to the current 20H2. If that's a good idea, I'd appreciate learning the best way to make the move.

Appreciation goes out to all who read this post and to those who reply.

Cheers!
    *Cool

:)

jdUnionngarden, Nov 19, 2020
  2. nfshp253 Win User

Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an example of such an issue with using the Jump Lists for Notepad++. Anyone know a solution to this?

Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2 [​IMG]

nfshp253, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Drew1903 Win User
    Don't Jump the Gun w/ 20H2❗

This is to Users not running Windows Insider Builds❗

There IS an Insider Track that IS 20H2. HOWEVER, For Regular Windows 10 20H1 (2004/19041.508) this is for YOU...

There are articles/videos floating about suggesting how to convert a 20H1 into a 20H2. DO NOT do this or use their instructions❗

WAIT for & until WU gives it to your machine(s) naturallyDO NOT force it ahead of time from or using OTHER sources❗

Cheers,

Drew

Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2 3952b5b4-0c9a-4fb2-9022-8db21ef78ae2?upload=true.jpg

Drew1903, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Totig Win User

Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2

Music skipping/jumping for certain songs

Hi, I have noticed that certain songs when you unpause them they seem to skip and jump for about 2-3 seconds before continuing to play as normal. Most songs continue to play just fine however. I still need to determine what the difference is between
    these songs, etc. Has anyone else noticed this with certain songs?

Totig, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2

1. Seeking Advice Skipping 2004, Jumping to 20H2 - Similar Threads - Seeking Advice Skipping

2. Seek advice on Windows 10 offline activation means

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seek advice on Windows 10 offline activation means: Hi there,Could anyone help me with this: how to activate Windows 10 offline or installed on a computer without internet connection?Thanking in advanceBin...
  3. Seeking Advice for Deleting a File that Won't Delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeking Advice for Deleting a File that Won't Delete: Windows 10 Pro - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) Howdy Folks, I'm looking for the easiest way to delete a file that won't delete. FWIW: this is an instructional video I downloaded for a new software I purchased: PDFelement Video Extension: .mkv (apparently it only plays...
  4. Seeking Advice for DistributedCOM Error 10016

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Seeking Advice for DistributedCOM Error 10016: Windows 10 Pro - Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.867) FWIW: I've avoided KB5001330 based on all the talk online. Howdy Folks, (Please advise if I am posting in the wrong forum.) My monitor just went blank and a quick check of my desktop indicated it was still running. A simple...
  5. Seeking advice on multiple file attribute changer with preview

Seeking advice on multiple file attribute changer with preview: Regularly.. I wish to update the modified dates of files, based on the dates mentioned IN the documents. For instance, a list of PDF files, or JPG/PNG files, all in the same folder. Right now, the process is like this: - open each single file - remember the date displayed...
  6. Seeking advice running Malwarebytes with Norton 360

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seeking advice running Malwarebytes with Norton 360: Windows 10 Pro - 2004, OS Build: 19041.746 Howdy All *Smile A couple days ago I had a 'bad actor' try to access my system. Fortunately Norton 360 (and some of my common sense) saved me from a big headache. Studying the history log I was impressed Norton came out on top...
  7. Seeking Advice Using WAU Manager (by carifred.com)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seeking Advice Using WAU Manager (by carifred.com): Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1139 Re: Seeking Advice Using WAU Manager (by carifred.com) Howdy Folks, *Smile 1. The "Hide Selected button" is *turned off*/*doesn't work* and online help doesn't give me any information. What might I be missing? 2. I unexpectedly...
  8. Seeking advice on a calendar with more space for daily notes

Seeking advice on a calendar with more space for daily notes: Most (if not all) calendar apps have limited space for just making notes and or events on a specific day. One: they usually show all hours (which is taking space), but there is no option to just show, say 08:00-17:00 only Two: events/remarks should be added to/on a specific...
  9. Seeking advice on SSD partition encryption, or container encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seeking advice on SSD partition encryption, or container encryption: A laptop with a 512GB SSD, partitioned into (about) C: 125GB (for Windows) and D: 375GB Windows 10 x64 Pro. Data files, such as those of Office 365, will be stored on the D-partition. I would like to have that partition encrypted/password protected. After booting Windows and...
  10. Seeking advice, bad performance after updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seeking advice, bad performance after updating: A couple of days ago my system did an automatic update (which I have hopefully found a work around to prevent). Ever since it rebooted from the update there has been a noticeable drop in performance. When I boot up it takes longer for the login screen to come in, after...