Windows 10: Seeking help

Discus and support Seeking help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Trying to install windows 10 pro 64 on my new laptop through a usb port on the options i get 5 options of windows 10 home windows 10 home n windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vamparics92, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Seeking help

Trying to install windows 10 pro 64 on my new laptop through a usb port on the options i get 5 options of windows 10 home windows 10 home n windows 10 pro windows 10 pro n and few other options i choose windows 10 pro as i bought windows 10 pro when i try to insert the product key it says cant verify it so i go with i dont have product key after they ask me where do i want to install windows 10 and i have few drives available only 1 of them is accepting it after installing windows 10 my lap restarts automatically and when its back on windows is not installed how can i fix this?

submitted by /u/Vamparics92
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vamparics92, Jun 8, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Programs not working properly seeking urgent help!!!

Hello Farnley,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing issues with several functionalities in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Now, please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Seeking help

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Seeking help

1. Seeking help - Similar Threads - Seeking help

2. Seeking Help with DPC Watchdog Violation Error Dump Shared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking Help with DPC Watchdog Violation Error Dump Shared: Every few hours, my computer suddenly freezes, followed by a blue screen showing a "DPC watchdog violation" error after about 10 to 15 seconds. This has been happening lately, and I want to figure out why. Can someone help me find out what's causing this problem? Dump file...
  3. Seeking Help with DPC Watchdog Violation Error Dump Shared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seeking Help with DPC Watchdog Violation Error Dump Shared: Every few hours, my computer suddenly freezes, followed by a blue screen showing a "DPC watchdog violation" error after about 10 to 15 seconds. This has been happening lately, and I want to figure out why. Can someone help me find out what's causing this problem? Dump file...
  4. Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution: Hello,Last night, around 12 AM, I attempted to remove malware from my computer. Initially, I ran a scan with Microsoft Windows Defender, but it didn't detect any threats. So, I decided to try MalwareBytes instead. After using MalwareBytes, it detected some malicious items,...
  5. Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution

Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution: Hello,Last night, around 12 AM, I attempted to remove malware from my computer. Initially, I ran a scan with Microsoft Windows Defender, but it didn't detect any threats. So, I decided to try MalwareBytes instead. After using MalwareBytes, it detected some malicious items,...
  6. "Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality": "Hello! I'm currently using an HP ProBook, and I recently received a BIOS update for my laptop. However, after successfully completing the update, I encountered an issue with my fn-key functionality. Previously, the fn-key would control various functions like adjusting...
  7. "Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality"

"Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality": "Hello! I'm currently using an HP ProBook, and I recently received a BIOS update for my laptop. However, after successfully completing the update, I encountered an issue with my fn-key functionality. Previously, the fn-key would control various functions like adjusting...
  8. "Seeking Help: BIOS Update Disrupted HP ProBook Functionality"

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Seeking Help with DIRECTV Channel Schedules?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking Help with DIRECTV Channel Schedules?: Hi everyone,I'm hoping to tap into the collective expertise of this fantastic forum to conquer the sometimes-challenging world of DirecTV schedules. I recently subscribed to the DirecTV entertainment package and am eagerly exploring all the exciting content it offers....
  10. Seeking Help with DIRECTV Channel Schedules?

Seeking Help with DIRECTV Channel Schedules?: Hi everyone,I'm hoping to tap into the collective expertise of this fantastic forum to conquer the sometimes-challenging world of DirecTV schedules. I recently subscribed to the DirecTV entertainment package and am eagerly exploring all the exciting content it offers....