Windows 10: Seeking Los Angeles area Fearless Windows Guru

Discus and support Seeking Los Angeles area Fearless Windows Guru in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I'm curious if someone on this board is -- 1. In the LA area 2. Has INSANE knowledge of Windows of many versions of Windows 3. Comfortable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Seeking Los Angeles area Fearless Windows Guru

Greetings,

I'm curious if someone on this board is --

1. In the LA area
    2. Has INSANE knowledge of Windows of many versions of Windows
    3. Comfortable moving tricky/delicate programs from an old piece of hardware to a new one
    4. For hire for one gig

If you are PM me and I'll explain what I'm trying to do. I've gathered it's doable but way past my skills.

Thanks

:)

The Pool Man, Jun 27, 2018
  2. Taffy087 Win User

Scheduled Maintenance says it will take place from 9am to 3pm "Pacific Time (Los Angeles)

Original Title: Pacific Time (Los Angeles)

The current announcement about today's Scheduled Maintenance says it will take place from 9am to 3pm "Pacific Time (Los Angeles)".

Co-incidentally, there is also an announcement/advert pop-up about ten free Apps from the Windows Store. I installed 'Zip Opener', 'Dropbox' and 'Alarm Clock HD'. I've not tried the first two yet but Alarm Clock HD is excellent, a very useful App. The Free
    version is limited to three Time Zones so I deleted China and then looked for Pacific Time (Los Angeles).

But there isn't one listed in the very long menu.

The nearest that I could find is America (Los Angeles) - it must be the same, surely, but as there are quite a few Pacific Time (...) zones listed and no Pacific Time (Los Angeles), I thought that I would check with you that America (Los Angeles) is the
    same as Pacific (Los Angeles).

TIA

edited at 09:34 typo

Taffy087, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Mark_W. Win User
    Map is not showing any detail on Los Angeles region

Hello Amos:

Thank you for posting to the forum. I have a couple things to try and would also like to get a bit more information from you regarding exactly what you are looking for and how you are bringing up this map.

The first thing I would like you to try is to toggling the aerial view on and off. I personally brought up the Los Angeles map and found more information on the city available with aerial view on. You can adjust this setting by tapping (...) > aerial view
    on from within the map of Los Angeles.

If you are continuing to have issues with the map, try going into settings to delete the history and adjust the map orientation setting. Once you have done this back out and reload the map of Los Angeles.

If the issue persists please detail for us the following:

• What information is missing?
    • Is this information missing for the entirety of the Los Angeles or a specfic section of Los Angeles?
    • When did this issue first become noticable?
    • Are you working with a map you have pinned to the phone or are you performing a fresh search?
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions or if any new information comes to light.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jun 27, 2018
  4. AmosUsman Win User

Seeking Los Angeles area Fearless Windows Guru

Map is not showing any detail on Los Angeles region

AmosUsman, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

Seeking Los Angeles area Fearless Windows Guru

1. Seeking Los Angeles area Fearless Windows Guru - Similar Threads - Seeking Los Angeles

2. Windows 11 is detecting my location in Tampa, FL when I live is Los Angeles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is detecting my location in Tampa, FL when I live is Los Angeles: For whatever reason, my Windows 11 computer thinks I'm in Tampa. If I live 3,000 miles away in Los Angeles. I have never been to Tampa. I wouldn't care as much, but it seems to keep setting my time zone to Eastern, which then does unfun things to my calendar and confuses the...
  3. Windows 11 is detecting my location in Tampa, FL when I live is Los Angeles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is detecting my location in Tampa, FL when I live is Los Angeles: For whatever reason, my Windows 11 computer thinks I'm in Tampa. If I live 3,000 miles away in Los Angeles. I have never been to Tampa. I wouldn't care as much, but it seems to keep setting my time zone to Eastern, which then does unfun things to my calendar and confuses the...
  4. Calling All network Guru's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calling All network Guru's: Here's the issue and it is baffling me.Ok Three Computers 2x Desktop and a laptop. All on same network well laptop is wireless. On all the computers I have completed all the network sharing type stuff, made sure the MacAfee firewall is good to share files etc and shared all...
  5. Calling All network Guru's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calling All network Guru's: Here's the issue and it is baffling me.Ok Three Computers 2x Desktop and a laptop. All on same network well laptop is wireless. On all the computers I have completed all the network sharing type stuff, made sure the MacAfee firewall is good to share files etc and shared all...
  6. Calling All network Guru's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I need a tech guru

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a tech guru: I have searched every where can someone please tell me how to make a game compatible I've tried so many things and the most common thing that pops up is click the compatible tab in properties but I don't have a compatible tab ps I'm trying to rum a game called medieval...
  8. Thanks Microsoft Angels

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Thanks Microsoft Angels: Its easy to complain you hold a door open for somebody they walk through not a thank you nothing . In our Community we are watched over by a Host of unseen Angels . They deal with our problems they give advice some are Moderators some just Volunteers but they are...
  9. guru browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    guru browser: czy ktoś pomoże mi usunąć guru browser...? to cholerstwo nie chce zniknąć. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-protectwindows8_1/guru-browser/149a8738-ce12-4353-8c20-dcf4cceeb175
  10. Question for the registry guru's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question for the registry guru's: I gotta be honest here, I found a tutorial - but it was "juuuust" beyond my grasp and when working with the registry it can get hairy. Spent a lot of time getting this pc set up and dont want to lose it all due to my OCD desire to "customize" this small tidbit. I'm hoping...