Windows 10: Seeking Media Player Recommendations.... (or VLC Tweaks/Hacks)

Discus and support Seeking Media Player Recommendations.... (or VLC Tweaks/Hacks) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been looking for something to fill the missing features that VLC seems to lack. I love VLC and it's ability to be lightweight and play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by muzicman82, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Seeking Media Player Recommendations.... (or VLC Tweaks/Hacks)

Hi all,

I've been looking for something to fill the missing features that VLC seems to lack. I love VLC and it's ability to be lightweight and play from Network paths without a problem. Here's what I'm looking for:

• Media Library kind of like what Winamp had, where it would live scan and update based on folder changes. I never had to tell it to re-scan. It was fast.
    • I want to be able to assign ratings to video files, specifically while playing. In Adobe programs this might mean pressing number keys 1-5 while playing.
    • I want to be able to delete a video file while it is playing. So if I'm playing a folder of video clips from my cellphone for instance, I can play a file, and upon realization that it is junk, just hit the Delete key and it's gone.
    • Customizable keyboard shortcuts. VLC has this and I don't want to lose this.

Any ideas? I'm not looking for server managers like Plex or Kodi or Emby.

:)

muzicman82, Sep 27, 2015
  2. JustinRiley, Sep 27, 2015
  3. RicW-nw Win User
    USB DVD drive on Windows 10

Hi - WMP has not supported DVD playback for quite some time. VLC media player is an open-source player that is recommended - info and (free) download here... Cheers Ric.

VLC - Features - VideoLAN

RicW-nw, Sep 27, 2015
Thema:

Seeking Media Player Recommendations.... (or VLC Tweaks/Hacks)

1. Seeking Media Player Recommendations.... (or VLC Tweaks/Hacks) - Similar Threads - Seeking Media Player

2. VLC media player problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC media player problem: When i was using vlc i clicked media and then open network stream and i pasted my link in this is my link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e6bTjpTmkA and it said this Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL...
  3. Issues with VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with VLC Media Player: I use VLC Media Player for watching .mkv file formats but there is now an issue occurring and has occurred many times now. The player seems to be unresponsive after it glitches, the video and audio continue but my mouse clicks and keyboard commands seem to be unresponsive....
  4. VLC media player Privacy

VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...
  5. VLC media player Privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    VLC media player Privacy: Hello, I don't want to share any info with videolan, when using VLC media player latest version, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any information about my system or something else... I only found one option only, is there more option to uncheck? Also...
  6. VLC Media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    VLC Media player: why won't my VTS_01_1.VOB file play in VLC Media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/d7a3507c-2beb-43dd-99ce-3e3a566e886d"
  7. VLC Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC Media Player: Have been using VLC Media Player to play DVD's, but now it doesn't recognize that there is a DVD in the drive. Drive will play CD's but doesn't recognize DVD's. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-media-player/5e2d37b9-cb75-445b-bfa8-8f0a943ba752
  8. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: How do I safely Uninstall VLC Media Player from Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/vlc-media-player/f6e14894-efaa-4b54-af55-95393646f2d0
  9. VLC Media Player

VLC Media Player: Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews. 32620
  10. VLC Media Player Question?

VLC Media Player Question?: Ok I know its a lot harder to change file type icons in windows 10 then in other versions of windows like the 8 or 8.1. So I was wondering if its possible to just change the file types for a specific program or through the program. For example I'm using the vlc media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does the tweaks in media player classic do