Windows 10: Seeking recommendations for non-wireless router

Discus and support Seeking recommendations for non-wireless router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m going to be setting up a small business later this year. While it will need Internet access, only a PC and a couple of printers will need it, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Involute, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Involute Win User

Seeking recommendations for non-wireless router

I’m going to be setting up a small business later this year. While it will need Internet access, only a PC and a couple of printers will need it, so I thought I could increase security a notch by foregoing a wireless router and using one that isn’t wireless. Any recommendations for a 5 or 8 port, gigabit model? The simpler the better; I don’t need a lot of configuration/management options. Thanks.

:)

Involute, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Mar 15, 2020
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [WTB][US]   Wireless router

Hey guys,

Seeking a wireless router that supports DD-WRT, ~$20 price range. Stock firmware's fine.

To see if your wireless router supports DD-WRT, check this list.

Payment will be via non-CC Paypal. I have flawless Heat under JaYp146.

Thanks for looking! *Smile Seeking recommendations for non-wireless router :)

JaYp146, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Seeking recommendations for non-wireless router

wireless router recommendations?

Looking for some input on wireless routers, something decent, but not super expensive. Something in the $50 range, Wireless-G or N will work.

Needs to have good signal strength (my PS3 is hooked up across the house from where the router is, about 75' away) and hopefully last longer then 8 months like my last two routers have.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

neatfeatguy, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Seeking recommendations for non-wireless router

1. Seeking recommendations for non-wireless router - Similar Threads - Seeking recommendations non

2. Seeking Flash Drive Recommendations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seeking Flash Drive Recommendations: 32GB, USB 3.0 (or higher), USB 2.0 (backwards compatible), Fast read speed, Decent write speed. ~$10us or ??? The complaints on Amazon are the same for every drive... Slow. Starts fast and becomes slow. Stops transfers for long periods of time. Unusable for making large...
  3. Recommendations for Wireless Router to run VPN client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recommendations for Wireless Router to run VPN client: I want to run a VPN client on my router in order to protect all my devices attached to the network. I currently use a ASUS RT-AC66U B1 and the router CPU just can't handle the traffic. It degrades my download speed over 50% compared to running the VPN client on my desktop....
  4. Recommendations for Wireless Router to run VPN client

Recommendations for Wireless Router to run VPN client: I want to run a VPN client on my router in order to protect all my devices attached to the network. I currently use a ASUS RT-AC66U B1 and the router CPU just can't handle the traffic. It degrades my download speed over 50% compared to running the VPN client on my desktop....
  5. Wireless Router Recommendations

Wireless Router Recommendations: We have cable internet and will most likely switch to verizon fios. I'm not in this location though at the moment. Now the past month or so, the wifi sometimes doesn't work for a bit, then it works. Its a 2 story house and we leave the router and the modem in the 2nd floor...
  6. Connecting to non-router wifi

Connecting to non-router wifi: Besides my wireless router, I have several other wifi "networks" in my home, that do not provide Internet service. For example, one of my endoscope cameras has such a network. When I disconnect from the router and connect to one of these, the "WLAN-Autoconfig" service part...
  7. Recommendation for wireless mice

Recommendation for wireless mice: I'm trying to look for a wireless mouse to replace the one I have right now. However, it seems that despite my seemingly low requirements, I can't find something that seems satisfactory. Right now, I'm using a Dell WM514p which, while good enough, doesn't have back/forward...
  8. Seeking Media Player Recommendations.... (or VLC Tweaks/Hacks)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seeking Media Player Recommendations.... (or VLC Tweaks/Hacks): Hi all, I've been looking for something to fill the missing features that VLC seems to lack. I love VLC and it's ability to be lightweight and play from Network paths without a problem. Here's what I'm looking for: Media Library kind of like what Winamp had, where it...
  9. recommendation for 802.11ac wireless router

recommendation for 802.11ac wireless router: Moderators: if this post is off-topic, please just delete it, and I will understand. Guys, Is is OK to ask for a router recommendation here. My network includes a wireless bridge which is failing, so I thought I would repurpose my current router as a bridge and get a...
  10. Resolved: Wireless router: seeking help for the setup

Resolved: Wireless router: seeking help for the setup: /// Edit: Problem seem to be resolved. I did a router reset to factory setting and redo all the process Hello Since few weeks, I got some problem with my D-Link router (DL-850). My devices (Iphone's, Android tablet, Ipod, etc,) do see both network and are...