Windows 10: Seeking ShellExperienceHost package

Discus and support Seeking ShellExperienceHost package in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to get the Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost package out of Install.wim, but the SxSExpander tool is way over-my-head and so far I saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MonarchX, May 4, 2017.

1. MonarchX Win User

Seeking ShellExperienceHost package

I am trying to get the Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost package out of Install.wim, but the SxSExpander tool is way over-my-head and so far I saw no comprehensive guide on how to use it, just a bunch of technical stuff for experts.

How can I extract packages in CAB form from offline images???

:)

MonarchX, May 4, 2017
  2. Shads501 Win User

Start menu won't open, please help me, HP 2000 Notebook Pc

I had the same problem as posted, except with mine, the start menu would randomly open but would stop again if i didnt reopen the menu quick enough.

Ran through all the steps above but I received an error about the 'ShellExperienceHost' being in use and therefore couldn't install the package. At this point I noticed the process 'ShellExperienceHost' was actually showing as not responding, which I took
    to be the cause of the problem. Killing this process fixed the issue (it restarts itself) but to be sure, I killed it and quickly ran the powershell command again to have it install that package (which did so without any errors).

My extra steps of killing the process and installing the package might be overkill, but the provided solution does appear to work, at least so far.

Shads501, May 4, 2017
  3. RexChng Win User
    Windows10 shellExperienceHost and ZuneVideo crash

To fix the frequent shellExperienceHost crash, updated Windows10 again this afternoon. However it got worse! Now there are three crashes happening every few seconds.

What is shellExperienceHost? What is ZuneVideo? I never installed these things. Anybody can help? Don't want to reinstall the windows OS.

Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0x58ccbd2e

Faulting module name: Windows.CloudStore.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x9ba5a64a

Exception code: 0xc0000409

0x80070057: Package family Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted but we cannot repair it at

this time.

0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.

RexChng, May 4, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Why are you trying to get the CAB image from office?

bro67, May 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Seeking ShellExperienceHost package - Similar Threads - Seeking ShellExperienceHost package

2. Packages folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Packages folder: What is inside appdata/local/packages folder ? Does it store any personal file ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/packages-folder/ebf5b09c-c33c-46c4-9d87-ef08da2d97c7"
  3. Goal Seek Abismally Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Goal Seek Abismally Slow: I recently migrated from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Enterprise. I am using Excel Office 365 MSO. Goal seek was running fine as it always has until migrating to Windows 10. It is now abismally slow, so slow that it is a worthless function. Please fix as soon as possible....
  4. Packaging 1809 for deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Packaging 1809 for deployment: So we have been struggling to get 1809 pushed out to all machines and I fear same issue will happen with 1903. Windows updates does not auto install this on domain joined computers and our automated systems dont play well with the feature updates. Im wondering what other...
  5. Seeking a simple setup.

in Browsers and Email
    Seeking a simple setup.: Older rookie looking for the simplest setup for an e-mail program to send pictures. I have EasyMail for gmail now. Thanks for any help. 128040
  6. Seeking a simple setup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeking a simple setup.: Older rookie looking for the simplest setup for an e-mail program to send pictures. I have EasyMail for gmail now. Thanks for any help. 128040
  7. Seek usb operated power switch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seek usb operated power switch: I recently installed an outboard hard drive in a SATA usb box. Works fine but requires manual switch to power on and off. Is there a usb operated power switch socket that could be activated by a batch command? 89336
  8. packaging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    packaging: What comes in the box with the new motherboard. Need to return mb and forgot what is in the packaging. 67203
  9. Seek not supported while casting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seek not supported while casting.: After upgrading to Windows 10 from 7, I can no longer seek while casting a video to my tv. My tv is a Samsung 55c-8000 which under Windows 7 "Play to", I was able to use my remote to seek and fast forward or rewind. Now under Windows 10 "Cast to Device", it always says "Seek...
  10. New Notifications - hide n seek

in Windows 10 Support
    New Notifications - hide n seek: I keep getting a taskbar icon showing there is a New Notification, then when I click on it and open notifications, it says "No new notifications". Is this a fluke, or is there some information in there that I'm missing? 12302