Windows 10: Seeking ShellExperienceHost package

Discus and support Seeking ShellExperienceHost package in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to get the Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost package out of Install.wim, but the SxSExpander tool is way over-my-head and so far I saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MonarchX, May 4, 2017.

1. MonarchX Win User

Seeking ShellExperienceHost package

I am trying to get the Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost package out of Install.wim, but the SxSExpander tool is way over-my-head and so far I saw no comprehensive guide on how to use it, just a bunch of technical stuff for experts.

How can I extract packages in CAB form from offline images???

:)

MonarchX, May 4, 2017
  2. Shads501 Win User

Start menu won't open, please help me, HP 2000 Notebook Pc

I had the same problem as posted, except with mine, the start menu would randomly open but would stop again if i didnt reopen the menu quick enough.

Ran through all the steps above but I received an error about the 'ShellExperienceHost' being in use and therefore couldn't install the package. At this point I noticed the process 'ShellExperienceHost' was actually showing as not responding, which I took
    to be the cause of the problem. Killing this process fixed the issue (it restarts itself) but to be sure, I killed it and quickly ran the powershell command again to have it install that package (which did so without any errors).

My extra steps of killing the process and installing the package might be overkill, but the provided solution does appear to work, at least so far.

Shads501, May 4, 2017
  3. RexChng Win User
    Windows10 shellExperienceHost and ZuneVideo crash

To fix the frequent shellExperienceHost crash, updated Windows10 again this afternoon. However it got worse! Now there are three crashes happening every few seconds.

What is shellExperienceHost? What is ZuneVideo? I never installed these things. Anybody can help? Don't want to reinstall the windows OS.

Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0x58ccbd2e

Faulting module name: Windows.CloudStore.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x9ba5a64a

Exception code: 0xc0000409

0x80070057: Package family Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted but we cannot repair it at

this time.

0x3D55: Package family Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted. Attempting to correct the issue.

RexChng, May 4, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Why are you trying to get the CAB image from office?

bro67, May 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Seeking ShellExperienceHost package - Similar Threads - Seeking ShellExperienceHost package

2. ShellExperienceHost and related processes StartMenuExperienceHost, backgroundTaskHost,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ShellExperienceHost and related processes StartMenuExperienceHost, backgroundTaskHost,...: Since the last update, these processes have remained suspended. As a result, I can't open the start menu, settings, notifications, or change my sound I know I can change my sound but you get what I mean.After the update when I pressed start, it didn't open. I pressed the...
  3. ShellExperienceHost and related processes StartMenuExperienceHost, backgroundTaskHost,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ShellExperienceHost and related processes StartMenuExperienceHost, backgroundTaskHost,...: Since the last update, these processes have remained suspended. As a result, I can't open the start menu, settings, notifications, or change my sound I know I can change my sound but you get what I mean.After the update when I pressed start, it didn't open. I pressed the...
  4. Seeking Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking Help!: Hi, I am Sourav. Last 16th June one of my social networking account got hacked. Upon analysis I found I was a victim of Browser Hijacking via Cookies. The browser was Google Chrome. Hacker tried to hack my Amazon, Google,Spotify accounts too but somehow I managed to prevent....
  5. Seeking Help!

Seeking Help!: Hi, I am Sourav. Last 16th June one of my social networking account got hacked. Upon analysis I found I was a victim of Browser Hijacking via Cookies. The browser was Google Chrome. Hacker tried to hack my Amazon, Google,Spotify accounts too but somehow I managed to prevent....
  6. Seeking Help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Seeking info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seeking info: I need names of the people who are doing this & who were behind lowering my productivity & learning since more than a decade here , in Germany & other locations & who tried to create bad data , recommendations, people around me....
  8. Seeking info

Seeking info: I need names of the people who are doing this & who were behind lowering my productivity & learning since more than a decade here , in Germany & other locations & who tried to create bad data , recommendations, people around me....
  9. ShellExperienceHost not running or opening | Neither is Action Centre

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ShellExperienceHost not running or opening | Neither is Action Centre: Hi there, I've had this weird issue where I Was trying to figure out why my notifications on Windows 10 weren't working which lead down to this rabbit hole: Notifications not working lead me to realizing that Action Centre wasn't working. Action Centre not working lead me...
  10. Seeking help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seeking help: Trying to install windows 10 pro 64 on my new laptop through a usb port on the options i get 5 options of windows 10 home windows 10 home n windows 10 pro windows 10 pro n and few other options i choose windows 10 pro as i bought windows 10 pro when i try to insert the...