Windows 10: Seeking shortcut or help setting up a batch/macro to reset HD audio drivers.

Discus and support Seeking shortcut or help setting up a batch/macro to reset HD audio drivers. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Good evening everyone! Current Windows 10 version: 10.0.18363 Current Nvidia GPU drivers: 460.89 The problem: Display (television) is connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Skatingraccoon, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Seeking shortcut or help setting up a batch/macro to reset HD audio drivers.

Good evening everyone!

Current Windows 10 version: 10.0.18363
    Current Nvidia GPU drivers: 460.89

The problem: Display (television) is connected to GPU via HDMI cable. When the display falls asleep, the audio driver loses track of the display. Seems like the problem comes and goes with different Nvidia drivers versions.

The two solutions I have currently are... restart the computer, or go into the device manager, manually disable the Nvidia HD Audio driver and then manually enable it.

I was hoping for a way to just refresh this, maybe through a keyboard shortcut or perhaps through a macro/batch I could run that would simplify this whole process.

Please let me know if any additional info is required.

submitted by /u/Skatingraccoon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Skatingraccoon, Dec 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 and VIA HD Audio drivers

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Run inbuilt audio troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Now click on view all option.
    • Click on Playing audio and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings,
    your sound card or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Flava0ne Win User
    Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

I've created a Batch file which calls on the following VB Script to be able to create a shortcut to my desktop:

VB Script (named createLink.vbs):
    Code: set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") set objFso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") ' command line arguments ' TODO: error checking sShortcut = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(0)) sTargetPath = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(1)) sWorkingDirectory = objFso.GetAbsolutePathName(sShortcut) set objSC = objWSHShell.CreateShortcut(sShortcut) objSC.TargetPath = sTargetPath objSC.WorkingDirectory = sWorkingDirectory objSC.Save[/quote] Batch File Example (for Windows Notepad):
    Code: @Echo off cscript createLink.vbs "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Notepad.lnk" "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe"[/quote] But after creating the shortcut using this method, I'm not able to assign a custom icon for the shortcut. I get the following error message when trying to do so:

Seeking shortcut or help setting up a batch/macro to reset HD audio drivers. Error503.jpg

Any help and ideas on what I need to put into the VB Script and/or Batch File to be able to do this would be greatly appreciated! *Big Grin Seeking shortcut or help setting up a batch/macro to reset HD audio drivers. :D

Also, I know that I can simply do this by going to Start Menu\All Programs\Accessories\ right-clicking on Notepad and selecting Send to\Desktop (create shortcut). Easy enough for creating a single shortcut. But I need to create several multiple shortcuts and using this Batch/VBS method would really save me a lot of time in doing so.

Flava0ne, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

Seeking shortcut or help setting up a batch/macro to reset HD audio drivers.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Seeking shortcut or help setting up a batch/macro to reset HD audio drivers.

1. Seeking shortcut or help setting up a batch/macro to reset HD audio drivers. - Similar Threads - Seeking shortcut help

2. Seeking Help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Seeking Help!: Hi, I am Sourav. Last 16th June one of my social networking account got hacked. Upon analysis I found I was a victim of Browser Hijacking via Cookies. The browser was Google Chrome. Hacker tried to hack my Amazon, Google,Spotify accounts too but somehow I managed to prevent....
  3. HD audio driver install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD audio driver install: Hi, I have a Lenovo Idea pad S340-15API, and I'm trying to get my HD audio driver to work, its currently hidden, and my audio is crackling horribly, anytime i try to play a game. how do i install the HD driver? I tried and failed to find it on Realtek's website....
  4. HD audio driver install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HD audio driver install: Hi, I have a Lenovo Idea pad S340-15API, and I'm trying to get my HD audio driver to work, its currently hidden, and my audio is crackling horribly, anytime i try to play a game. how do i install the HD driver? I tried and failed to find it on Realtek's website....
  5. HD audio driver install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. NVIDIA HD Audio driver "wakes up" monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    NVIDIA HD Audio driver "wakes up" monitor: It's been only a few days after a fresh Win10 installation and I realized that my monitor keeps waking up after it powers off. Created a 10 min .etl file to observe the Dstates and according to Windows Performance Analyzer it seems that NVIDIA HD Audio driver is...
  7. Seeking help with weird audio issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seeking help with weird audio issue...: Weird problem : I like to listen to music while grading in Resolve, however interacting with elements in Resolve causes audio pops (or outright stutters) in the music that is playing from Youtube Music or Spotify. If I am using my audio interface (Steinberg UR44) the music...
  8. No realtek HD audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No realtek HD audio Driver: Hi, my new predator laptop running windows 10 pro doesnt have realtek hd audio, just Realtek audio. i cannot find realtek in my control panel. Even thou my headphones work in this laptop, they are not detected as headphones, just speakers....
  9. HD Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HD Audio Drivers: Hello, I posted something regarding Realtek Drivers having audio problems due to Audio Enhancements and after hours of installing, reinstalling, uninstalling drivers, it never really got fixed and I just gave up so I just went with the HD Audio Driver where the sound is fine....
  10. Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro: W10 and Excel. I have several macros in my personal.xls all activated from a customized ribbon or Quick Access. I would like to add a KB shortcut to 2 of them. I know I should have done that when I created them but I did not realize then how helpful it would have been My bad...