Windows 10: Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete

Discus and support Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm looking for a streamlined way of handling downloaded ZIP files (and other archives). I use Chrome as my primary browser if there's an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by muzicman82, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete

Hi all,

I'm looking for a streamlined way of handling downloaded ZIP files (and other archives). I use Chrome as my primary browser if there's an extension that does this.

I primarily use 7-Zip, but I do own a WinRAR license.

I want archives to automatically unpack when opened, then (optionally) art source archive gets moved to the Recycle Bin. One click.

I'm no OS X guy (but I have nothing against it), but I really like this behavior that I believe is the normal handling. You do have to "launch" the archive, but in Chrome, this could be accomplished by enabling the Open Files of This Type option.

:)

muzicman82, Jun 23, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

unzip files in windows 10

Hi Jaime, the instruction:

Right click a zip file, choose 'Extract All...' is the standard way to unzip an archive in Windows 10

However, there is a lot of archiving software out there and Windows cannot handle a lot of the non-standard zip files

The best free utility for extracting archive files is Universal Unextractor, it does not install a program, it just adds functionality to the right click context menu in File Explroer . ..

Universal Extractor | LegRoom.net

Install that software, then right click a zip file and choose 'Extract Here' or 'Extrac to Sub-folder'

If that utility does not work, the zip file is probably corrupt

DaveM121, Jun 23, 2015
  3. barneyvnt Win User
    Can not open setup file

unable to extract the setup contents.If you want to continue the setup or update process, make sure you have the administrator rights (can not create temp folder archive )-I am using windows 10 and this is the message that comes up if i try to open the setup
    file please help

barneyvnt, Jun 23, 2015
Thema:

Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete

1. Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete - Similar Threads - Seeking Utility Setup

2. Seeking a simple setup.

in Browsers and Email
    Seeking a simple setup.: Older rookie looking for the simplest setup for an e-mail program to send pictures. I have EasyMail for gmail now. Thanks for any help. 128040
  3. Seeking a simple setup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeking a simple setup.: Older rookie looking for the simplest setup for an e-mail program to send pictures. I have EasyMail for gmail now. Thanks for any help. 128040
  4. Can't Extract zipped Files with Windows 10 built in 'Extract' Utility

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Extract zipped Files with Windows 10 built in 'Extract' Utility: NOTICE: I had been working to solve a long time problem with my Windows 10 File Explorer Compressed Folder Tool. The option for Windows Explorer to be selected to "Open with" was not available using the older version of Windows. Today, the problem was solved for me by...
  5. Aptio setup utility glitching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Aptio setup utility glitching: I have a toshiba laptop, an i’ve just turned it on and it is stuck on this aptio setup utility and it will not respond to my left and right arrow keys. It also will not respond to any of the keys on my keyboard. Help please....
  6. aptio setup utility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    aptio setup utility: I have the aptio setup utility page on my ASUS and can't get to restore page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aptio-setup-utility/d5d1417f-0959-419d-86cc-5b650a961974
  7. Stuck in Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Aptio Setup Utility: I have an Asus UX501J running the latest Windows 10 OS. It often froze only to boot up in aptio setup, then I got out of it by applying the typical hotfixes of changing the boot mode to CSM, disabling the security boot mode, and rebooting while hitting F8/F9 (can't remember)...
  8. Resolved: Wireless router: seeking help for the setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resolved: Wireless router: seeking help for the setup: /// Edit: Problem seem to be resolved. I did a router reset to factory setting and redo all the process Hello Since few weeks, I got some problem with my D-Link router (DL-850). My devices (Iphone's, Android tablet, Ipod, etc,) do see both network and are...
  9. Blocked on Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Support
    Blocked on Aptio Setup Utility: Hi everybody, I have a small big problem: my laptop asus is blocked on aptio setup utility in the sense that every time I start it it redirects me to this menu. Why it's urgent: it's because I do not have access to my 2 OS window10 / ubuntu that contain important files for my...
  10. Error 0x80070057 while extracting archives

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0x80070057 while extracting archives: I have some archives that contain files with double quotes in their filenames (Example: photo"summer"01.png). And when I try to extract them, I get Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect. As we know, Windows does not allow double quotes in filenames, so I can't...