Windows 10: Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete

Discus and support Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm looking for a streamlined way of handling downloaded ZIP files (and other archives). I use Chrome as my primary browser if there's an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by muzicman82, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete

Hi all,

I'm looking for a streamlined way of handling downloaded ZIP files (and other archives). I use Chrome as my primary browser if there's an extension that does this.

I primarily use 7-Zip, but I do own a WinRAR license.

I want archives to automatically unpack when opened, then (optionally) art source archive gets moved to the Recycle Bin. One click.

I'm no OS X guy (but I have nothing against it), but I really like this behavior that I believe is the normal handling. You do have to "launch" the archive, but in Chrome, this could be accomplished by enabling the Open Files of This Type option.

:)

muzicman82, Jun 23, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

unzip files in windows 10

Hi Jaime, the instruction:

Right click a zip file, choose 'Extract All...' is the standard way to unzip an archive in Windows 10

However, there is a lot of archiving software out there and Windows cannot handle a lot of the non-standard zip files

The best free utility for extracting archive files is Universal Unextractor, it does not install a program, it just adds functionality to the right click context menu in File Explroer . ..

Universal Extractor | LegRoom.net

Install that software, then right click a zip file and choose 'Extract Here' or 'Extrac to Sub-folder'

If that utility does not work, the zip file is probably corrupt

DaveM121, Jun 23, 2015
  3. barneyvnt Win User
    Can not open setup file

unable to extract the setup contents.If you want to continue the setup or update process, make sure you have the administrator rights (can not create temp folder archive )-I am using windows 10 and this is the message that comes up if i try to open the setup
    file please help

barneyvnt, Jun 23, 2015
Thema:

Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete

1. Seeking Utility or Setup - Extract Archive On Open, Then Delete - Similar Threads - Seeking Utility Setup

2. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to extract any .zip archives: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer. After reinstalling I noticed that I cannot extract or open any files stored in zip archives. If I open a zip file I can see the contents but I cannot open the files in the archive. If I try to extract the archive, it create the...
  3. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to extract any .zip archives: I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer. After reinstalling I noticed that I cannot extract or open any files stored in zip archives. If I open a zip file I can see the contents but I cannot open the files in the archive. If I try to extract the archive, it create the...
  4. Unable to extract any .zip archives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Failed to extract archive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed to extract archive: I'm trying to install TurboTax 2020 and every time I click on the file I get Failed to extract archive. On their forum they have instructions which I have tried several times and I still get the same error...
  6. how to uninstall files extracted from an archive

how to uninstall files extracted from an archive: Can anybody help me out with this thing please? I recently installed an application by extracting the .exe file from WinRAR to a folder, but now I need to uninstall it, the application also doesn't appear on the Control Panel Uninstall an application list. Thank you...
  7. Windows 10 extraction/unzip utility

Windows 10 extraction/unzip utility: I have been using the Windows 10 extraction/unzip utility, I notice some files I want to extract have a "use folder names and all files" box's be checked but I cannot find these, any help with this would be appreciated....
  8. Aptio Setup Utility

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Aptio Setup Utility: My computer has been stuck in Aptio Setup Utility for months. I have tried alot of suggestions that I've found online but none have worked. I'm sorry the photos are upside down they don't appear that way in my files only when I upload them to this website. Any help graciously...
  9. Seeking a simple setup.

in Browsers and Email
    Seeking a simple setup.: Older rookie looking for the simplest setup for an e-mail program to send pictures. I have EasyMail for gmail now. Thanks for any help. 128040
  10. Seeking a simple setup.

in Windows 10 Support
    Seeking a simple setup.: Older rookie looking for the simplest setup for an e-mail program to send pictures. I have EasyMail for gmail now. Thanks for any help. 128040