Windows 10: Seeking ways to change this File Explorer behavior

Discus and support Seeking ways to change this File Explorer behavior in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When browsing folders to check/edit their contents using the Details view option, I notice that File Explorer has the following behavior: - I open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paultx, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Paultx Win User

Seeking ways to change this File Explorer behavior

When browsing folders to check/edit their contents using the Details view option, I notice that File Explorer has the following behavior:

- I open a folder then go back

- File Explorer puts that last visited folder in its bottom

When browsing folders that way, one goes most of times from top to bottom, so I think File Explorer should position the last visited folder on the top of the list. Putting it on the bottom is somewhat annoying.

Is there a way to change that? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.959

:)

Paultx, Jul 29, 2020

2. File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jul 29, 2020
  3. sillyjav Win User
    Explorer Seeking Forever / Thumbnails not showing

Changed everything to general including subfolders. Onedrive disabled, restarted as well, ensured its not on.

Issue persists *Sad

- - - Updated - - -

So the issue starts in this sequence. First it shows a list of files, and their names go blank one by one until its all gone and then all the files load. When the files load, it'll be all blank white pages. And then if I close explorer and reopen I get nothing and a green bar loading.

Seeking ways to change this File Explorer behavior [​IMG]

sillyjav, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Justdave Win User

Wierd File Explorer Behavior

Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. Whenever I right click on a shortcut and select 'Open File Location' of course File Explorer opens up as it should to the location that the shortcut points to. The weird thing is that when I close File Explorer, it immediately reopens and I have to close it again for it to stay closed. This does not happen if I merely open File Explorer directly. To eliminate the possibility that it is a problem with my mouse I repeated these steps using only the keyboard to navigate through these steps...still happens. It would be interesting to see if this is a problem only with my system or is it a Windows 10 10240 glitch.

Justdave, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Seeking ways to change this File Explorer behavior - Similar Threads - Seeking ways change

2. Insane behavior by file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insane behavior by file explorer.: I make a copy of a folder. Inside the copy, I make changes to files, create graphics, etc. for work.I accidentally hit Ctrl + z while the focus is on file explorer instead my graphics program.What happens? THE ENTIRE FOLDER DISAPPEARS. Why? This apparently "undid" the copy...
  3. Insane behavior by file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insane behavior by file explorer.: I make a copy of a folder. Inside the copy, I make changes to files, create graphics, etc. for work.I accidentally hit Ctrl + z while the focus is on file explorer instead my graphics program.What happens? THE ENTIRE FOLDER DISAPPEARS. Why? This apparently "undid" the copy...
  4. HORRID BEHAVIOR OF FILE EXPLORER.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HORRID BEHAVIOR OF FILE EXPLORER.: What is the corporate strategic end game for Microsoft refusing to fix the horrid behavior of File Explorer? This among a handful of other totally annoying and disruptive behaviors in MS Word and MS Excel just seem to be ignored by each successive generation of development...
  5. How to change the way File Explorer categorizes file types?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the way File Explorer categorizes file types?: Not entirely sure if this a windows 10 issue or a microsoft word issue. I have been inserting .webp images into word. However when i click on insert image; file explorer will open and show the "All Images" selection. This selection does not have .webp so i have to select "All...
  6. File Explorer annoying behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer annoying behavior: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.8.36) I'm new .. I've been looking through forum after forum and cannot find resolution to a specific problem. My job includes LOTS of email with attachments, and a couple of months ago, I began to notice annoying behavior that didn't...
  7. Explorer has changed behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer has changed behavior: Hi. All of a sudden, explorer has begun to expand all drive contents in the left side bar when navigating my hard drives. This is not a behavior I want, and it has never happened before. Does anyone know how to fix it? Windows 10 1909. Thanks for any help. EDIT: Out of...
  8. Windows 10 file explorer : typing in list, behavior has changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer : typing in list, behavior has changed: In the details view of a folder, in Windows 10 file explorer, I used to be able to start typing a filename and the cursor would move to the first-occurrence of the typed string. Now, what I'm typing is put, instead, in the search box, filtering my files list. Why did...
  9. Sudden Copy/Paste Folders in File Explorer Behavior Change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Copy/Paste Folders in File Explorer Behavior Change: File Explorer used to give me the option to either overwrite or skip existing files when copying a folder from one drive to another to replace a same name folder on the target drive. Today, that option dialog disappeared and the copy-paste process resulted in the automatic...
  10. Wierd File Explorer Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd File Explorer Behavior: Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. Whenever I right click on a shortcut and select 'Open File Location' of course File Explorer opens up as it should to the location that the shortcut points to. The weird thing is that when I close File Explorer, it...