Windows 10: Seem like dptf_helper.exe is preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode

Discus and support Seem like dptf_helper.exe is preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I just got a new laptop Dell Latitude 7420 and noticed that the laptop cannot go to sleep, instead, it only turn off the display.I try many fix,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NuttanontNeti, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Seem like dptf_helper.exe is preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode

Hello, I just got a new laptop Dell Latitude 7420 and noticed that the laptop cannot go to sleep, instead, it only turn off the display.I try many fix, and end up execute 'powercfg /energy' in CMD. The report point to 'dptf_helper.exe' as a culprit. How to solve this issue? I really need the laptop to go to sleep as I travel a lot for work. I paste the report below:Computer NameXXXXScan Time2021-12-04T16:57:57ZScan Duration60 secondsSystem ManufacturerDell Inc.System Product NameLatitude 7420BIOS Date09/03/2021BIOS Version1.9.3OS Build19042Platform RolePlatformRoleMobilePlugged IntrueProcess C

:)

NuttanontNeti, Dec 4, 2021

2. Laptop does not enter sleep mode

Hi,

My laptop is fully updated and running on windows 10. Recently my laptop does not enter sleep mode after the set time it is supposed to enter sleep mode, also the laptop starts up automatically when in sleep mode with the lid closed.

Do any of you have any idea what the cause might be and how to fix this problem?

I ran a power efficiency diagnostics report with the following errors:

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesSeem like dptf_helper.exe is preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend

System Availability Requests:System Required Request

Are any of these errors preventing my laptop from entering sleep mode?

Thanks in advanced for your help and advice.

Chris

Christophpher, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Preventing sleep on laptop/monitor

Hi Tricia,

In order to help you with your concern about preventing your Windows 10 not to go to sleep mode, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

(Should you need to update your PC, you may click on this
    link
    . This will also show you the update history for Windows 10.)

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

You may utilize the troubleshooting suggestions from the post of
    Aleksandr 10 in this thread, to remedy the
    automatic sleep that your device is displaying. This link has been helpful to a lot of Community members who had the same concern and may also be helpful in the issue at hand.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Seem like dptf_helper.exe is preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Seem like dptf_helper.exe is preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode

1. Seem like dptf_helper.exe is preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode - Similar Threads - Seem dptf_helper exe

2. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  3. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  4. Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode: Hello, I've had a problem for quite some time where when I click on sleep mode, instead of entering into sleep mode the computer instead just turns off the monitors.I ran "powercfg /requests" and it returnedDISPLAY:None.SYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  5. Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode: Hello, I've had a problem for quite some time where when I click on sleep mode, instead of entering into sleep mode the computer instead just turns off the monitors.I ran "powercfg /requests" and it returnedDISPLAY:None.SYSTEM:[PROCESS]...
  6. Conhost.exe Preventing computer from entering propper sleep mode

7. Seem like dptf_helper.exe is preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seem like dptf_helper.exe is preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode: Hello, I just got a new laptop Dell Latitude 7420 and noticed that the laptop cannot go to sleep, instead, it only turn off the display.I try many fix, and end up execute 'powercfg /energy' in CMD. The report point to 'dptf_helper.exe' as a culprit. How to solve this issue? I...
  8. Seem like dptf_helper.exe is preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode

Seem like dptf_helper.exe is preventing my laptop to enter sleep mode: Hello, I just got a new laptop Dell Latitude 7420 and noticed that the laptop cannot go to sleep, instead, it only turn off the display.I try many fix, and end up execute 'powercfg /energy' in CMD. The report point to 'dptf_helper.exe' as a culprit. How to solve this issue? I...
  9. Errors preventing system from entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors preventing system from entering sleep mode: Errors Power Policy:802.11 Radio Power Policy is Maximum Performance On Battery The current power policy for 802.11-compatible wireless network adapters is not configured to use low-power modes. System Availability Requests:Execution Required Request The program has made a...
  10. Laptop Restarts After Entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Restarts After Entering Sleep Mode: Hi I've seen a lot similar scenarios to this and they're all seem to be different. Here I have a HP spectre x360 15t 2019 running Windows 10. I've had the laptop for two days and I realise that about 20 seconds after I close the lid or hit the power button in order to put the...