Windows 10: Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue

Discus and support Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a week or so old laptop. I had put it on sleep mode, but when I came back, it had shutdown. When I tried turning it on, it showed the logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RayStorm666, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue

I have a week or so old laptop. I had put it on sleep mode, but when I came back, it had shutdown. When I tried turning it on, it showed the logo (Lenovo) and then blackscreen. Happened a lot of times (I force shut it down) then I opened the emergency thingy, where it gives the options to either fix it or reset it. Google suggested that I use the auto repair, which failed. It just shut down. Then I reset it (Save personal files reset) which uninstalled windows 10, but when it was reinstalling, it shut down. Now when I press the power button, it rapidly turns on and off. Please help this thing is brand new and cost a ton

I youtubed for solutions, but none of them seem to work.

I would like someone to personally speak with me. I will give you my discord tag so that I can show you what is happening. Please dm me

submitted by /u/RayStorm666
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RayStorm666, Feb 14, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 14, 2021
  4. TRWOV Win User

Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue

What is "Program" in taskmanager

I also have a "program" on my startup list but there's no program.exe or program anything on my drive and the "Open file location" option is grayed out.

I suppose it's just a descriptor. My best guess is that a uninstalled program didn't remove its entry from the startup list and Windows still tries to load it but since there's no actual file Windows can't show its metadata.

Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue [​IMG]

EDIT: Woops.... sorry, didn't see that OP already solved the issue *Oops! Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue :oops: Disregard my post

TRWOV, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue

1. Seem to have lost my program files. Startup issue - Similar Threads - Seem lost program

2. I seem to have "lost" all my documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I seem to have "lost" all my documents?: Cant find any of my documentsDon't know what has happened, what I've done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-lost-all-my-documents/26a2f9b1-4ae2-475f-9003-0e58aff7db5e
  3. I seem to have "lost" all my documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I seem to have "lost" all my documents?: Cant find any of my documentsDon't know what has happened, what I've done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-lost-all-my-documents/26a2f9b1-4ae2-475f-9003-0e58aff7db5e
  4. My program files x86 seem to have disappeard and program will not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My program files x86 seem to have disappeard and program will not install: program will not install and prgram files x86 has no administtator rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-program-files-x86-seem-to-have-disappeard-and/fd590edb-bfb5-4263-80db-551e72334db1
  5. My program files x86 seem to have disappeard and program will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My program files x86 seem to have disappeard and program will not install: program will not install and prgram files x86 has no administtator rights https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-program-files-x86-seem-to-have-disappeard-and/fd590edb-bfb5-4263-80db-551e72334db1
  6. My program files x86 seem to have disappeard and program will not install

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder seems to have a lot of corrupt files, and other issues....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder seems to have a lot of corrupt files, and other issues....: My computer's disk has been an issue for over a year but never had too intense of an effect. Recently I've had issues with full disk usage yet no tasks using full disk for almost an hour upon startup. I used command prompt and did a disk scan with /chkdsk and a few extra...
  8. Having issues with my pc on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having issues with my pc on startup: I've owned my pc for about half a year now but recently it's been giving me a ton of issues that's making it almost unusable. Upon startup the pc will get stuck in a system repair loop or blue screen 5-10 times. It seems the only way for me to boot it up is to skip disk...
  9. "Program" on Startup appears to have broken File Path

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Program" on Startup appears to have broken File Path: Is there anyway to fix this? It's not even showing up in the directories in CMD. [ATTACH] I have it disabled in startup, but its pretty annoying to see that....
  10. I seem to have lost my touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I seem to have lost my touch: I cannot get touch and inking to work on my 2-in-1 Tablet PC's touch screen. I have used it before, but now I cannot remember if I have missed out something to activate it again. I can draw and scribble with the mouse but not with my (basic) stylus or fingers, either in the...