Windows 10: Seemingly completely random crashes and BSOD's - at least once a day.

Discus and support Seemingly completely random crashes and BSOD's - at least once a day. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay, so since owning my computer few months now, it's pretty much been doing the following: - complete freeze, requiring me to reset the system using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tyas van den Bergh, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Seemingly completely random crashes and BSOD's - at least once a day.

Okay, so since owning my computer few months now, it's pretty much been doing the following:

- complete freeze, requiring me to reset the system using the reset button on the tower

- BSOD with different error messages and causes

- instant and total resboot of the entire system without warning

At least one of these things happens every single day, at least once. The weird thing is, it's never at a set event - it can happen during boot-up, right after logging in, during program start-up, in a program, idle on desktop, and so on. Sometimes it happens just one time, but there was also a day where it happened seven 7 times in a row. For illustration, I've compiled a short list over the course of just one week in December, showing what the computer was doing and what kind of crash happened. It also includes a list of programs that are always running in the background, and my system specs.

-x-x-x-

12-12: Computer freezes completely during internet browsing Chrome, hard reset required
    12-12: BSOD "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap". Computer was idle on dekstop then went to BIOS for boot drive selection, never happened before
    12-12: BSOD "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". Computer was idle with Ableton Live 10, Spotify and Chrome running.
    12-12: Dark Souls game through Steam shuts down unexpectedly.
    12-12: Dark Souls shuts down unexpectedly.
    12-12: Dark Souls shuts down unexpectedly.
    12-10: Manual computer restart to attempt fix worked.
    14-12: BSOD "mmcss.sysPTION NOT HANDLED". Computer was playing a YouTube video.
    15-12: BSOD "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" what failed: win32kfull.sys. Computer was playing a YouTube video.
    16-12: BSOD "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". Computer was idle on YouTube.
    17-12: BSOD "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" what failed: win32kfull.sys. Computer was performing manual restart. Didn't reset to old picture.
    19-12: Computer freezes completely after Ableton VST Deep Scan, hard reset required.
    19-12: BSOD "Memory Management". Computer was running League of Legends game.
    19-12: BSOD "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA". Computer was running League of Legends game.
    21-12: BSOD "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". Computer was launching Ableton. Computer then froze completely during BSOD error info collection at 0%, hard reset required
    21-12: Van Helsing game through Steam shuts down unexpectedly.
    --
    Programs always running:
    - Rainmeter
    - Steam
    - Wallpaper Engine
    - FalconX centers icons on taskbar
    - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Driver
    - Samsung Magician
    - Avira

System summary:
    - Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    - AMD Ryzen 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors
    - ASRock X570 Pro4
    - Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB boot disk
    - Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB
    - G.Skill Aegis DDR4 2x16 GB 3000 Mhz

Connected peripherals:
    - CoolerMaster mouse
    - CoolerMaster keyboard
    - Samsung S22D390 monitor
    - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface
    - TP-Link Wireless MU-MIMO USB Adapter
    - Akai MPK249 MIDI Keyboard not always on

After BSODs and hard resets the pre-login picture, which usually changes every day, always resets to the same, older picture except for 17-12.

-x-x-x-

All my drivers are up to date according to Windows itself. The system used to be up to date, but since a day or two now it keeps trying to update but failing 2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems KB4534273 -Error 0x800f0805 as well trying and failing to install the feature update to Windows 10, version 1903.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Tyas van den Bergh, Jan 16, 2020

2. Seemingly Random BSoD

Hello,

I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows
    10 and try to keep all my drivers updated. Althrough, I do this through via a program - DriverEasy.

Hope you can help.

MajorMediocre, Jan 16, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. loglolol Win User

Seemingly completely random crashes and BSOD's - at least once a day.

Constant Crashing / BSOD

Hey. I've been having issues with my computer crashing or bluescreening. The time inbetween the crashes are random, and the messages in the BSOD's are seemingly random. If you need anything to help ID the problem, please let me know.

Thanks for your time

loglolol, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Seemingly completely random crashes and BSOD's - at least once a day.

1. Seemingly completely random crashes and BSOD's - at least once a day. - Similar Threads - Seemingly completely random

2. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  3. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  4. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 BSOD's at least once a day.

Windows 10 BSOD's at least once a day.: Hello.Recently, I've performed a few updates on drivers and my BIOS. Since then, I've been getting BSOD's at least once a day, usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION where ks.sys failed.Any idea on how to identify the cause and how to fix this?...
  6. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL happening at least once a day

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL happening at least once a day: My computer will randomly bsod at random times during the day can you help me find out what is causing this.Here are the files:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6cvkyogkvhjv61s/AADZaD8rtTK3qGDz4y0yqgMfa?dl=0...
  7. BSOD at least once every two days.

BSOD at least once every two days.: I have been having issues for almost 2 years now and nothing has seemed to work. Attempted fixes: Scan for malware, driver updates, new cpu cooler, new gpu, new cpu, new motherboard, new C: drive, remove old drives, 4 complete wipes of my C: drive and starting fresh. This...
  8. BSoD once at least every day Event ID: 7000

BSoD once at least every day Event ID: 7000: My PC blue screens randomy at least once a day, i checked the eroor in computer managment and its all the same. The BSoD error messages vary from IRQL_not_LESS_OR_EQUAL to System service exception to apc index mismatch. I have tested the memory with memtest and the windows...
  9. BSoD once at least every day

BSoD once at least every day: My PC blue screens randomy at least once a day, i checked the eroor in computer managment and its all the same. The BSoD error messages vary from IRQL_not_LESS_OR_EQUAL to System service exception to apc index mismatch. I have tested the memory with memtest and the windows...
  10. Random BSOD once a day

Random BSOD once a day: After I moved to Germany on Monday 2017.09.25 (not sure, if that is somehow connected) , I am getting BSOD once a day unexpetedly. Not while playing games, the applications running at that time- Mozilla, Skype, Notepad++, keypass, foobar. Then it restarts automaticly and...