Windows 10: Seemingly irreversible system font change after using Winaero Tweaker?

Discus and support Seemingly irreversible system font change after using Winaero Tweaker? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Wanted to change my system font, so I used Winaero Tweaker to do so after seeing positive things said about it. I did successfully change my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fiddlemouth, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Seemingly irreversible system font change after using Winaero Tweaker?

Wanted to change my system font, so I used Winaero Tweaker to do so after seeing positive things said about it. I did successfully change my system font, but there was also a strange side-effect.
    In the windows search bar, among some other places, the font remained as the system default (which I don't have a problem with in itself), but in any context where Bold text would be applied, the text is now not only Bold but wider, which is both ugly and less legible.
    like so
    Compare to what it looks like by default

Obviously I tried simply setting my system font back to the default using Winaero, but not only did this Boldness problem persist, but the default font was busted now too, despite using the dedicated 'reset to defaults' feature.
    Any idea what I can do or if there's a better place to ask? Ideally I'd love to keep my preferred font as system font, but at the very least I'd like to know how to manually revert to the default settings.

submitted by /u/fiddlemouth
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fiddlemouth, Jan 4, 2021

2. winaero tweaker

Winaero Tweaker is supposed to allow a user to adjust things like the font used for desktop icon labels. But the download is a ZIP file. How do you extract the executable software from the ZIP file?

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Winaero Tweaker

I recently asked about how to get icon titles into readable sizes and fonts. An answer came back, with a link to "Winaero Tweaker". But the he site is enormously confusing, and the software itself is a ZIP file. How do I get a download package that provides
    an installable piece of software?

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Jan 4, 2021
  4. CountMike Win User

Seemingly irreversible system font change after using Winaero Tweaker?

winaero tweaker?

BTW, Here's my list of changes saved.

Seemingly irreversible system font change after using Winaero Tweaker? [​IMG]

Seemingly irreversible system font change after using Winaero Tweaker? [​IMG]

CountMike, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Seemingly irreversible system font change after using Winaero Tweaker?

1. Seemingly irreversible system font change after using Winaero Tweaker? - Similar Threads - Seemingly irreversible system

2. Winaero tweaker, This PC folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winaero tweaker, This PC folders: I had added some custom system folders to This PC in File Explorer using Winaero Tweaker under Window 10. When I upgraded to Windows 11, everything was fine. When I upgraded to the current version of Winaero Tweaker, I now get an error message that an unhandled exception has...
  3. Winaero tweaker, This PC folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winaero tweaker, This PC folders: I had added some custom system folders to This PC in File Explorer using Winaero Tweaker under Window 10. When I upgraded to Windows 11, everything was fine. When I upgraded to the current version of Winaero Tweaker, I now get an error message that an unhandled exception has...
  4. New Winaero Tweaker 1.20

New Winaero Tweaker 1.20: New Winaero Tweaker 1.20 out. Also contains some new tweaks for Win 11. Winaero Tweaker 1.20 is out with Windows 11 support and tons of new features 181867
  5. Winaero Tweaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winaero Tweaker: When I scan the .zip file on Virus Total, an anti-virus called dr. web diagnose it with "Trojan.MulDrop 16.37713". Idk if dr. web is good or not, I've never heard bout it. But a channel called Michael MJD said it is safe and good (160K subs) submitted by /u/Valois061007...
  6. Winaero Tweaker Stalling Sysprep?

Winaero Tweaker Stalling Sysprep?: I have pinpointed a severe stall time when performing a sysprep to applying Winaero Tweaker settings to my Windows 10 Pro base image, which setting it may be is undetermined. It has increased the initial startup time after running sysprep from 15min to almost 80min, it stalls...
  7. Blocking Updates With Winaero Tweaker?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blocking Updates With Winaero Tweaker?: Has anyone used Winero Tweaker to block Windows 10 updates? I see there is an option for it but haven't tried it yet. I would like to disable Win Updates easily until the latest mess has blown over. 150785
  8. winaero tweaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    winaero tweaker: Winaero Tweaker is supposed to allow a user to adjust things like the font used for desktop icon labels. But the download is a ZIP file. How do you extract the executable software from the ZIP file?...
  9. Winaero Tweaker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Winaero Tweaker: I recently asked about how to get icon titles into readable sizes and fonts. An answer came back, with a link to "Winaero Tweaker". But the he site is enormously confusing, and the software itself is a ZIP file. How do I get a download package that provides an installable...
  10. winaero tweaker?

winaero tweaker?: Anyone tried this app? I would welcome any advice or suggestions... 142259