Windows 10: seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004

Discus and support seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; almost everytime I play a game or watch a video at a random time after starting the sound and video start freezing at a consistent rythm. the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlienDuce1, Aug 28, 2020.

1. seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004

almost everytime I play a game or watch a video at a random time after starting the sound and video start freezing at a consistent rythm. the mouse lags too. i dont know exaclty what triggers it honestly the only time ive been able to recreate this issue is when installing a gpu driver, but im not sure if this is a gpu issue. This started happening after i bought and had installed a new SSD to my system, so windows had to be installed again in the new drive. ive tried fixing corrupt windows files and uninstalling and reinstalling all audio drivers.

submitted by /u/AlienDuce1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlienDuce1, Aug 28, 2020
  2. runbei Win User

No video or audio in Win10 with GTX 980

I've followed all suggested steps to fix a system-wide audio/video bork, with no luck. I've deleted and updated drivers, changed a crapload of settings, on and on.

No matter if it's an Amazon Prime or YouTube video, a DVD, or an MP4 saved locally, audio and video aren't working. (I don't play games.)

A video will run properly for maybe 30 seconds and then start to stutter badly until it freezes with seemingly random occasional single-frame jerks (technical term).

Currently, I'm wondering if the different refresh rates for the dual monitors have something to do with the problem. One is 59Hz, the other 60Hz. I believe Win10 forces 59Hz, per a rather confusing explanation on Microsoft site.

If you've encountered something like this, I would be truly grateful for suggestions.

Brief system specs:

Win10 64
    32 GB RAM
    MSI GeForce GTX 980 video card
    ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 (Socket 942) motherboard
    Dual Monitors:
    ViewSonic VX2262wm monitor (L: [email protected]) connect with HDMI to DVI adapter
    Acer G215HV monitor (L: [email protected])
    Audio: I'm using a Logitech USB headset that has never given me problems

- - - Updated - - -

A solution appeared when I plugged my oldish Logitech USB headset into my laptop which previously had not shown signs of these audio/video symptoms.

Sure, enough the same problem appeared with video/audio stuttering to near-standstill.

When I plugged in headphones with a 3.5mm adapter, the problem disappeared.

However, a new problem shortly appeared: the voices of main characters in videos were suddenly much lower than the background noise in the scene.

I sort-of solved this by playing with the settings in the Realtek HD Audio Manager - specifically, in the DTS Ultra PC II tab.

I checked the box to enable DTS, and I played with the "enhancement" settings.

Also, I played with the level settings here: right-click volume icon in Windows taskbar, and choose Sounds > Playback > choose Realtek headset being used > Properties > Levels > Balance > set both levels to about 32.

runbei, Aug 28, 2020
  3. mythical Win User
    latency issues, random stutter + audio stutter

hey, im having dificultys with my pc. im having problem with every task im doing, even playing a yt video. so the problem is im having random freezes and audio freezes/lags every 10-40 mins. i dont exactly know whats causing it but im pretty sure its not the disks/ram. ive ran a test on a program called latencymon and thats all ive got. let me know what tests i should do to help give more information about the problem and i will. ive been having the problem for like half a year now and its pissing me off. heres a picture that might help : (bios is last version btw). also ive gotten a lag that made the pc black screen and audio loop and i had to force restart!
    PARTS:
    amd ryzen 7 3700x
    rx 5700xt nitro +
    2x 1tb samsung qvo
    asus prime pro x470 motherboard
    2x8 3600mhz gskill ram

seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004 [​IMG]

mythical, Aug 28, 2020
  4. seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004

Win10 Audio and video stutter

Hi,

I have tried everything and have not found a solution. About a week ago I played around with the Windows audio enhancements while listening to youtube videos - no issues from that. Then, with my HDD running very slowly (has been for a while), I installed
    Acronis True Image and cloned my HDD to an SSD and another HDD. Afterwards, all three now have a distinct audio stutter.

No other hardware changes have been made. I have googled every guide I can find. I have uninstalled & reinstalled every driver that I can think of. I have uninstalled Acronis. I have played with the Windows power settings. I have tried AHCI in the BIOS (just
    blue screens). I have uninstalled Windows updates, and nothing makes any difference. It affects youtube videos, as well as local music and video files on my HDD/SSD.

Tried uninstalling Acronis and it is no better. I test using a youtube stutter/judder test (which is a spinning symbol) and the audio stutters (from a separate youtube clip) line up with the video stutter. I have also run youtube audio clips, local movie
    & audio files etc, and they all stutter.

Has anyone had an issue like this and resolved it? Reinstalling Win10 would be a pain. I upgraded from Win7 and I don't think that I bought an install disk at the time.

Evan

evangharvey, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004

1. seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004 - Similar Threads - seemingly random audio

2. Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters: I started having this problem after I fixed my nvlddmkm.sys crash, where my pc would suddenly just freeze up but the audio continues and just stutters. No BSOD comes at all, and I have to manually power down. I tried to do the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth,...
  3. Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters: I started having this problem after I fixed my nvlddmkm.sys crash, where my pc would suddenly just freeze up but the audio continues and just stutters. No BSOD comes at all, and I have to manually power down. I tried to do the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth,...
  4. Windows randomly freezes and the audio just stutters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random Video and Audio Stuttering. And internet trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Video and Audio Stuttering. And internet trouble: I don't exactly know the cause of this, because it just randomly started happening one day. But occasionally, there would be random video/audio stutters and glitches. It's sort of like the stutters you get before a BSOD happens, just without the BSOD. It can get annoying...
  6. Random Video and Audio Stuttering. And internet trouble

Random Video and Audio Stuttering. And internet trouble: I don't exactly know the cause of this, because it just randomly started happening one day. But occasionally, there would be random video/audio stutters and glitches. It's sort of like the stutters you get before a BSOD happens, just without the BSOD. It can get annoying...
  7. Audio Stuttering and Pc Freezing Randomly

Audio Stuttering and Pc Freezing Randomly: This issue is driving me insane for a while I've dealt with it but I really would like to get rid of it if possible. Sometimes when I'm using my computer it will randomly have what I like to call micro freezes/stutters where the mouse freezes, the audio stutters and gets...
  8. Videos Seemingly Randomly Freeze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos Seemingly Randomly Freeze: Sometimes when I'm watching a YouTube video, the video will just freeze along with the audio. When this happens, videos played on other platforms (like embedded in Discord) also do not work. My only solution right now is to restart the windows audio service or to do a...
  9. Win10 Audio and video stutter

Win10 Audio and video stutter: Hi, I have tried everything and have not found a solution. About a week ago I played around with the Windows audio enhancements while listening to youtube videos - no issues from that. Then, with my HDD running very slowly (has been for a while), I installed Acronis True...
  10. Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing: Hi, my computer will always randomly freeze for 1-3 seconds when I do normal tasks (like using chrome and skype). The freezes cause audio and mouse to also freeze during that time. I tried to swap CPUs, get a new mobo, use different RAM and nothing works. I've got this...