Windows 10: Seemingly random black screen after sleep and keyboard disabled

Discus and support Seemingly random black screen after sleep and keyboard disabled in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, When I send my desktop pc to sleep, it sometimes comes back, sometimes does not. When I say he doesn’t come back I mean he restarts, it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Delfion, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Delfion Win User

Seemingly random black screen after sleep and keyboard disabled

Hi,

When I send my desktop pc to sleep, it sometimes comes back, sometimes does not. When I say he doesn’t come back I mean he restarts, it just doesn’t show anything on screen: only a black screen. I can’t seem to establish a pattern of when it happens beyond that it usually happens the third or fourth time I send it to sleep (the trigger might be time of sleeping frequency). Running Windows 10 home, 1909, 18363.657.

I’ve tried this troubleshooting by now, to no avail:

1. Turn off Hibernation: “powercfg /h off” on Command Prompt (just tried, even if the pc is a desktop)
    2. Turn off Fast Startup: I think I did this, though can’t seem to find the setting any more on “Power Options/Choose what the power button does/Change settings that are currently unavailable” (been fighting this problem for some weeks now). I may have dreamt I turned it off : S
    3. Disable “Wake on Magic Packet” and “Wake on Pattern Match” on ‘Network and Sharing Center/Change adapter settings/Properties (of the connection without the red cross)/Configure’.
    4. “Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B”: I would swear it once worked (maybe the pc was just slow waking up). I’d gladly try it out again, if not for the keyboard being lately disabled by the event of black screen. I’ll elaborate:

I’ve usually woken up the pc by pressing a keyboard key (also in the previous W7), and so I do now. However, now, when the pc is slumbering, I wake it up pressing a key, and the black screen case happens, the keyboard doesn’t seem to work anymore: lights off, and no living signals.

Maybe it has something to do, maybe not, just to let you know: I’ve always had problems accessing BIOS through this very keyboard (the one figuring in my pc specs), as it has never (neither when running W7) seem to turn on before Windows was initiated. In those cases I just used an old keyboard which works through a PS/2 port. Yet, I can’t see why these cases should be related, as in the matter in hands Windows is already launched.

Thank you in advance

:)

Delfion, Feb 29, 2020

2. I get a seemingly random series of black bars on the screen when I connect to servers using Remote Desktop

Original Title - Remote Desktop Black Bars

Hi All -

I get a seemingly random series of black bars on the screen when I connect to servers using Remote Desktop or RDCMan. I just solved the issue in RDP by disabling persistent bitmap caching in RDP. Now I'd like to find out if/how to turn it off in Remote
    Desktop Connection Manager.

Thanks,

Joey

JoeyPruett007, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Random Black Screen

Re-installed Catalyst 8.35 drivers (from the original cd) - no luck. Still getting the random black screen.

TribeBuckeyeFan, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Seemingly random black screen after sleep and keyboard disabled

Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Seemingly random black screen after sleep and keyboard disabled

1. Seemingly random black screen after sleep and keyboard disabled - Similar Threads - Seemingly random black

2. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  3. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  4. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  5. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly: Dear Customer Support, I have endured with the black screen problem for 3 months and now my keyboard freezes randomly, after Windows 10 update. 1. After the October update, the "restart" windows option always restart with a black screen. I have to press the power button...
  7. Black Screen and Keyboard Freezes randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen and Keyboard Freezes randomly: Dear Customer Support, I have endured with the black screen problem for 3 months and now my keyboard freezes randomly, after Windows 10 update. 1. After the October update, the "restart" windows option always restart with a black screen. I have to press the power button...
  8. Black Screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after sleep mode: Hi, I need help course my screen stays black after boot but I hear a beep, if I plug in my power supply. I set my pc in screen of mode and sleep. After 15 min I came back and could do anything with it, so I rebooted it. After the reboot it stays at a black screen but I can...
  9. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after sleep mode: Hello. I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to shut down by...
  10. Random Failure of keyboard and black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Failure of keyboard and black screen: Hi all, New to forum...looks like a good place for help. I'm not a PC expert, but used to build my own PC's , so I'm pretty familiar and comfortable debugging/repairing hardware and software issues. Been using PC's since Windows 1.0.. Anyway, New-ish HP Envy Ryzen 5, 12 GB...