Windows 10: Seemingly random BSOD's with a variety of codes

Discus and support Seemingly random BSOD's with a variety of codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. This is my first post on these forums, and I've endeavoured to make sure it meets the requirements, but please let me know if this isn't the case.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeff84, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Jeff84 Win User

Seemingly random BSOD's with a variety of codes

Hi. This is my first post on these forums, and I've endeavoured to make sure it meets the requirements, but please let me know if this isn't the case. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1903, and my system specs are in my profile.

I've had BSOD issues since building my PC last Fall. At the time, my first thought was that it a hardware fault, so I ran MemTest and played around with various settings, to no avail. I re-installed Windows, made sure all my drivers were current, updated my BIOS, none of which seemed to make much difference. After a bit more researching, I discovered that BSOD's seem to be a relatively common issue with AMD drivers (this was my first - and will be my last - AMD GPU). I found what I thought was a fairly stable driver in October, and the BSOD frequency decreased dramatically. However, they've recently increased in frequency again - I've tried updating to a newer set of (what I thought were) stable drivers, again to no avail, before returning to the older, "stable" drivers I was using before (using DDU each time), but the BSOD's are still going. I'm currently getting a BSOD 1-2 times per week, and there don't seem to be consistent circumstances surrounding them, though it almost never happens when I'm playing a game. Sometimes it occurs when I'm browsing the Internet, sometimes when I'm working in a Word document, sometimes when I'm just sitting on the desktop listening to music, sometimes in the middle of the night when the computer isn't being used. At this point, I'm at a bit of a loss, and any assistance would be appreciated.

My V2 log is here:
    DESKTOP-6R0F616-(2020-07-08_08-51-27).zip

:)

Jeff84, Jul 8, 2020

2. Seemingly Random BSoD

Hello,

I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows
    10 and try to keep all my drivers updated. Althrough, I do this through via a program - DriverEasy.

Hope you can help.

MajorMediocre, Jul 8, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. gavsta707 Win User

Multiple and varying BSOD's at seemingly random times

The problem(s)

Hello, I have finally become so flustered with trying to resolve these issues on my own and am seeking help with these random BSOD's. For reference, my system specs are:

Video card: NVIDIA gtx 760 (4GB GDDR5)
    motherboard: gigabyte 970-A
    CPU: AMD-6350
    RAM: hyperX Fury 16GB 1600MHz DDR3
    SSD: ADATA 128GB

In short, I will frequently and randomly receive BSOD's whilst doing anything from browsing the internet to gaming. The most frequent ones i get are "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" and "attempt to write on read-only memory", though i have gotten a variety of different ones as well. Every time these occur, my system temperatures are optimal. The only one that i could seemingly trace a cause for was while i was transferring a large file from my SSD to my HDD. Every single time, i would get a freeze during this process, forcing a restart. It should be noted that disk activity was around 60-70% during this.

DMP

Here is a link to the image of my latest DMP caused by a BSOD while gaming:

http://i.imgur.com/lPACRI3.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/61f4bjoywd41d8z/DUMP.zip?dl=0

Please, if you need any other information that i might be missing, please do not hesitate to ask me a question!

gavsta707, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Seemingly random BSOD's with a variety of codes - Similar Threads - Seemingly random BSOD's

2. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple seemingly random BSODs: I went to my friends house for 3 days and left the computer on during that time. When I returned I noticed that I receive multiple BSODs for seemingly no reason.I have tried some commands in cmd prompt like: "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk" along with dism. I have also ran the...
  3. Multiple seemingly random BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple seemingly random BSODs: I went to my friends house for 3 days and left the computer on during that time. When I returned I noticed that I receive multiple BSODs for seemingly no reason.I have tried some commands in cmd prompt like: "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk" along with dism. I have also ran the...
  4. Variety of BSOD's, all seem to be related to memory issues, but memtest86 and the windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Variety of BSOD's, all seem to be related to memory issues, but memtest86 and the windows...: A month or so ago, I got a new GPU, and after installing it, videos in my browser on the left and right screen would do a weird overlay-ish thing overtop of each other, like a twitch stream on the left screen would replace the youtube video on the right screen, in addition to...
  5. Variety of BSOD's, all seem to be related to memory issues, but memtest86 and the windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Variety of BSOD's, all seem to be related to memory issues, but memtest86 and the windows...: A month or so ago, I got a new GPU, and after installing it, videos in my browser on the left and right screen would do a weird overlay-ish thing overtop of each other, like a twitch stream on the left screen would replace the youtube video on the right screen, in addition to...
  6. Variety of BSOD's, all seem to be related to memory issues, but memtest86 and the windows...

7. Seemingly Random BSOD's

Seemingly Random BSOD's: Hi everyone, I've had a problem for a while with my computer where it seems to randomly Blue Screen. I've been trying to figure out what's been going on for a while when I was finally directed to the Event Viewer. Here was the latest BSOD error I had. The computer has...
  8. Seemingly random BSOD's

Seemingly random BSOD's: Hey! So I made a new build back in September, and have been getting what seems to be random BSOD's since. It varies, but it happens once or twice a day, on average. It might be a coincidence, but it does not seem to happen while gaming. I have tried updating various drivers...
  9. Seemingly Random BSoD

Seemingly Random BSoD: Hello, I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows 10 and...
  10. BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors

BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors: Hi, Over the past couple of days I have been having reasonably frequent BSODs. Some have not created a dump file. I cant pinpoint anything in particular but it seems to be pointing to a driver issue but never identifies the driver from what I can tell. Hoping someone can...