Windows 10: Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup

Discus and support Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an ASUS laptop, seems to operate error-free, but now twice this month, upon starting, it's gone into the BIOS screen without human intervention... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by asus2016, Oct 9, 2019 at 5:47 PM.

1. asus2016 Win User

Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup

I have an ASUS laptop, seems to operate error-free, but now twice this month, upon starting, it's gone into the BIOS screen without human intervention to send it there.

And if I recall, it doesn't resume the startup sequence by using the keys to exit with no changes and boot. It has to be powered off, then started, and it goes fine.

I've checked the F2 key and it's not stuck. No one is touching the computer as it starts.

Also today, there was a blue screen while the computer was being used. It's my wife's computer, so I will be collecting the event data.

But for now, what could be causing the unwanted detour into BIOS, versus a normal start?

:)

2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

4. Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup

Seemingly Random BSODs Memory_Management, Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer, Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

I've Been running into multiple seemingly random Blue Screen Of Death Errors lately. It seems to happen at random, anytime from 5 minutes to two or three hours after rebooting. Any suggestions? Dump files and MSInfo32: BSOD Dumps.zip
    Thank you.

System Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600X @3.6GHZ

Teamgroup T-Force Dark 8GB DDR4 3000 Memory with XMP off

MSI B350 Gaming Plus Motherboard

EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SC2

BPX 120 GB Nvme SSD for Boot Drive

Western Didgital 1tb WD Blue HDD

EVGA Supernova 550 G2 PSU

Trishula Dragon of the Ice Barrier, Oct 9, 2019 at 5:49 PM
Thema:

Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup

1. Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup - Similar Threads - Seemingly random detour

2. Seemingly Random BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Seemingly Random BSoD: Hello, I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows 10 and...
  3. (No BSOD) Desktop Freezes on Startup at the BIOS Screen; won't move on

(No BSOD) Desktop Freezes on Startup at the BIOS Screen; won't move on: Howdy Folks! *Smile My HP Phoenix is getting old but I've made several upgrades as needed: (Installed a new SSD Primary, changed to new matched 16 GB memory cards up from 8 GB, replaced one HDD, etc.) I'm not ready to give up on it yet! - The issue is it regularly freezes on...
  4. Hard Freeze's that seem random

Hard Freeze's that seem random: Hi there, For a little while now I have had trouble with my computer locking up randomly, this usually occurs while I am watching a video of some sort or playing a video game. But I have also come back to it being on with nothing running only to find it has locked up...
  5. Seemingly random blue screen crashes occuring daily

Seemingly random blue screen crashes occuring daily: Hello, My computer has since for as long as I remember experiencing bsod crashes at varying frequencies. I have previously searched for online help for this twice, but without any success. The error messages in on bsod vary a lot, but I think all that information is in the...
  6. (Seemingly) Random Blue Screens, No Error

(Seemingly) Random Blue Screens, No Error: Hi guys, recently I was playing a video game on my desktop while talking to my friends over a program. Suddenly, the game froze and my display switched to a bluescreen. I rebooted and began to look into the issue only to have it blue screen again, shortly after opening my...
  7. BSOD on random startups

BSOD on random startups: I get the driver_overran_stack_buffer on random bootups of the machine. Maybe 1 in every 3 or 4 boots. Hopefully someone can help me figure it out! 52522
  8. Random BSOD on StartUp

Random BSOD on StartUp: Hi there! On the 22nd and 24th of October when I have started up the PC, a BSOD has popped up just as it is trying to load windows. The BSOD info that I received were: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (nvlddmkm.sys). I downloaded and installed WhoCrashed and started an...
  9. BIOS startup not happening

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS startup not happening: Until I did a Windows 10 fresh install my PC was set in the BIOS (and still remains the same) set to startup the PC at a predetermined time everyday. ASROCK H77. And it did so daily until the Windows 10 Pro install. Did the update first to activate. Then fresh install. Like I...
  10. BIOS Startup Screen gone since 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Startup Screen gone since 10 upgrade: When running windows 7, for the first few seconds upon booting my laptop, it would display a startup message, "Press ESC for boot selection, F2 for setup, etc......." Now, nothing. I cannot choose to enter setup, BIOS, get to ESC for a boot selection screen in case I...