Windows 10: Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup

Discus and support Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an ASUS laptop, seems to operate error-free, but now twice this month, upon starting, it's gone into the BIOS screen without human intervention... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by asus2016, Oct 9, 2019.

1. asus2016 Win User

Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup

I have an ASUS laptop, seems to operate error-free, but now twice this month, upon starting, it's gone into the BIOS screen without human intervention to send it there.

And if I recall, it doesn't resume the startup sequence by using the keys to exit with no changes and boot. It has to be powered off, then started, and it goes fine.

I've checked the F2 key and it's not stuck. No one is touching the computer as it starts.

Also today, there was a blue screen while the computer was being used. It's my wife's computer, so I will be collecting the event data.

But for now, what could be causing the unwanted detour into BIOS, versus a normal start?

:)

asus2016, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 9, 2019
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup

Seemingly Random BSODs Memory_Management, Driver_Overran_Stack_Buffer, Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

I've Been running into multiple seemingly random Blue Screen Of Death Errors lately. It seems to happen at random, anytime from 5 minutes to two or three hours after rebooting. Any suggestions? Dump files and MSInfo32: BSOD Dumps.zip
    Thank you.

System Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600X @3.6GHZ

Teamgroup T-Force Dark 8GB DDR4 3000 Memory with XMP off

MSI B350 Gaming Plus Motherboard

EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SC2

BPX 120 GB Nvme SSD for Boot Drive

Western Didgital 1tb WD Blue HDD

EVGA Supernova 550 G2 PSU

Trishula Dragon of the Ice Barrier, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup

1. Seemingly random detour into BIOS screen on startup - Similar Threads - Seemingly random detour

2. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen: Hi my laptop is relatively new but today when it went into Hibernation mode, the screen froze. I hard reset the laptop and the Blue Screen 'There is a problem with your computer we need to restart it' Sad Emoji. The blue screen disappeared and showed the BIOS Setup page. No...
  3. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen: Hi my laptop is relatively new but today when it went into Hibernation mode, the screen froze. I hard reset the laptop and the Blue Screen 'There is a problem with your computer we need to restart it' Sad Emoji. The blue screen disappeared and showed the BIOS Setup page. No...
  4. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen at seemingly random intervals

Blue screen at seemingly random intervals: Or maybe it happens whenever I'm playing a game, I suppose. Can't rightly say it. Also, it might bear no relevance, but: My Windows can't time sync. I've tried everything I've found online and tried a bunch of different servers but the time synchronization fails every time. I...
  6. Blue screen at seemingly random intervals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen at seemingly random intervals: Or maybe it happens whenever I'm playing a game, I suppose. Can't rightly say it. Also, it might bear no relevance, but: My Windows can't time sync. I've tried everything I've found online and tried a bunch of different servers but the time synchronization fails every time. I...
  7. Blue screen at seemingly random intervals

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Random Blue Screen on Startup

Random Blue Screen on Startup: I've had this problem with two Windows 10 computers. One of them was an Acer laptop that we upgraded to Windows 10 and the other was a generic built PC. Both of them are working fine now but what causes this to happen? The repair tool didn't work and we had to format and...
  9. Stuck on InsydeH20 BIOS screen on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on InsydeH20 BIOS screen on startup: Hi there, whenever I start up my computer, I get stuck on the InsydeH20 utility and the laptop starts beeping. I have to switch off the laptop because no key interacts with this error. The laptop was fine until I upgraded to Windows 10. How do I fix this?...
  10. (Seemingly) Random Blue Screens, No Error

(Seemingly) Random Blue Screens, No Error: Hi guys, recently I was playing a video game on my desktop while talking to my friends over a program. Suddenly, the game froze and my display switched to a bluescreen. I rebooted and began to look into the issue only to have it blue screen again, shortly after opening my...