Windows 10: Seemingly Random Restarts

Discus and support Seemingly Random Restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently been having an issue with my PC that I built. I have an IntelR CoreTM i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70 GHz, 16 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Blazing dood 19, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Seemingly Random Restarts

I've recently been having an issue with my PC that I built. I have an IntelR CoreTM i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70 GHz, 16 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, and I have an ASUS Motherboard. I have a watercooler along with 5 other fans installed to the case. There was a lot of careful care put into the amount of heating control my PC has. However, randomly, my computer just goes black and the computer restarts itself. There's no issue with the Ram, I ran the windows memory diagnostic and nothing came up. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 1909.

I believe that most of the time there are a lot of things going on at once when this happens, however the strange thing is that some days are worse than others. For example, yesterday I was downloading a bunch of game programming Unity things, plus playing Overwatch and watching youtube videos. Not all at the same time but just about. Lot's of processing power used, and it happened once. Today, I have had a pretty light day, just watching videos, learning to program a bit, and it's happened about 5 times, as well as the computer freezing so I had to hard reset the entire system.

I've tried going to reddit, and youtube, and google, and computer literate friends including my brother-in-law who works in IT, and none of them could fix the problem. I recently moved to a house with better internet, and it has been happen way more now than it did when I had 0.25 MB of downloading speed. Now I have 20 MB and it's so bad. Idk if that's part of the problem, but I'm at a loss. I've seen that this might be an issue with the PSU but I'm not sure how to check without breaking bank A small amount of bank mind you, I'm 19 with a 2 month old baby.. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. I just really don't know what to do.

Thanks,

Geo

:)

Blazing dood 19, Mar 25, 2020

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 25, 2020
  3. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Seemingly Random Restarts

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Seemingly Random Restarts

1. Seemingly Random Restarts - Similar Threads - Seemingly Random Restarts

2. PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random: Hi all, for the longest time my PC has been shutting down on me when I was closing video games\while playing them exclusively, but now it's been happening to me even when performing the simplest of tasks like browsing the web or drawing. It's been driving me insane and I've...
  3. PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random: Hi all, for the longest time my PC has been shutting down on me when I was closing video games\while playing them exclusively, but now it's been happening to me even when performing the simplest of tasks like browsing the web or drawing. It's been driving me insane and I've...
  4. PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer restarts seemingly randomly

Computer restarts seemingly randomly: I've been struggling with this problem on and off for a few weeks now. At any given point my computer shuts down, then loops restarting itself while "Preparing auto repair", until it finally outputs Stopcode: WHEA Uncorrectable error. I've spoken with support multiple times...
  6. Seemingly Random BSOD's

Seemingly Random BSOD's: Hi everyone, I've had a problem for a while with my computer where it seems to randomly Blue Screen. I've been trying to figure out what's been going on for a while when I was finally directed to the Event Viewer. Here was the latest BSOD error I had. The computer has...
  7. Camera Seemed to Open Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera Seemed to Open Randomly: The Camera app on my Asus Windows 10 laptop seemed to open randomly today. I had Firefox open, but I just had Youtube and a Google search tabs active. I have Norton Security and the free version of Malwarebytes; Norton didn't detect anything and a scan with both apps turned...
  8. Seemingly random BSOD's

Seemingly random BSOD's: Hey! So I made a new build back in September, and have been getting what seems to be random BSOD's since. It varies, but it happens once or twice a day, on average. It might be a coincidence, but it does not seem to happen while gaming. I have tried updating various drivers...
  9. Seemingly Random BSoD

Seemingly Random BSoD: Hello, I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows 10 and...
  10. Hard Freeze's that seem random

Hard Freeze's that seem random: Hi there, For a little while now I have had trouble with my computer locking up randomly, this usually occurs while I am watching a video of some sort or playing a video game. But I have also come back to it being on with nothing running only to find it has locked up...