Windows 10: Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse.

Discus and support Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It is worth mentioning, before I start, that I have contacted over 6 technicians (All from Microsoft support) and done everything from updating drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by アンディ・안디・安迪, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse.

It is worth mentioning, before I start, that I have contacted over 6 technicians (All from Microsoft support) and done everything from updating drivers to an in placed install to a clean install of Windows. Nothing has even touched this issue.

My cursor (not my mouse) seems to move slowly. It's not my actual cursor speed, it's as if the mouse is "lagging". It is not jumping or moving on it's own. My cursor is not controlled through any external application. I use the Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse, however the mouse is not the problem- every single mouse I plug into this computer has the exact same issue. I have tried this mouse on multiple ports, with no luck. The same mice work fine on other computers.

:)

アンディ・안디・安迪, Oct 15, 2018
  2. OneMoar Win User

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mouse Problems

There's a possible answer in the Windows 8.1 forum at the thread http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-reboot/f62d6975-1ade-40dc-ad43-de9e1da66e0d Restores some faith as the person who answered
    is a Microsoft person. That restored faith severely taxed for this being an 8.1 problem that goes back at least 2 years and somehow made it in to the next major revision.

This issue might occur due to corrupt mouse settings.

I would suggest you to make sure that the mouse settings are enabled on the Startup tab.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the mouse software is running at the Startup or within the startup list. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “msconfig”. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Startup tab and locate the mouse software (could be Unifying software). Check the box besides the mouse icon and click on OK.
    • Make the required changes for the mouse setting (swap mouse buttons) and then restart the computer.
    Check if that fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s make the required change to swap the mouse click settings from registry and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons

• Change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows and R key to open the run box.
    • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
    • Open the File option on the menu bar.
    • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
    • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.
    Restart the computer.

Puddlewiggle, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse.

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

Aaaand the ironic thing there is, that no doubt WOULD void the warranty.

Seriously though, thanks for the suggestion but I plan to wait for their response. They said they can't authorize a replacement unless all the troubleshooting steps they emailed me don't work, which they didn't.

I've also contacted Newegg, and they said they'll do anything they can to help get me a manufacturer replacement in the case of the mouse not working with any of Logi's troubleshooting steps and if Logi refuses to replace it.

I had an MX500 that easily outlasted this one with lots of use. Seems to me the more complex the mouse, the more failure prone they are.

Frag Maniac, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse.

1. Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse. - Similar Threads - Seemingly unfixable problem

2. Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Function keys and arrows not working. Seems unfixable.: Randomly my Num Lock, Caps Lock, arrow keys, all the Function keys, and basically everything on the right side of my keyboard has stopped being detected on my computer. I thought it was a keyboard problem so I bought a new keyboard but it's still not working. I have tried...
  3. Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys: I am losing my mind because every single time I try to play ANY GAME on my PC the entire computer will blue screen with kmode exception not handled at least once. It does this every single day and only once if I'm lucky. I have been on here to try to solve this problem before...
  4. Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys: I am losing my mind because every single time I try to play ANY GAME on my PC the entire computer will blue screen with kmode exception not handled at least once. It does this every single day and only once if I'm lucky. I have been on here to try to solve this problem before...
  5. Seemingly Unfixable KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - ndis.sys

6. Unfixable audio problem

Unfixable audio problem: Hello, so I have a problem after cleaning my PC where my audio suddenly won't output anything to both back and front panel and I've tried reinstalling audio drivers, reinstalling windows, troubleshooting, even resetting CMOS, and still no luck. I've checked the motherboard if...
  7. Unfixable audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unfixable audio problem: Hello, so I have a problem after cleaning my PC where my audio suddenly won't output anything to both back and front panel and I've tried reinstalling audio drivers, reinstalling windows, troubleshooting, even resetting CMOS, and still no luck. I've checked the motherboard if...
  8. Unfixable audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable

Cursor Glitch seemingly unfixable: On my hp laptop I have been having an issue where the cursor lags behind at some points. I have already tried:-Uninstalling the device and reinstalling -Updating drivers, rolling back drivers -Using a different mouse-Updating windows-fully resetting the computer so no files...
  10. Huge, Seemingly Unfixable Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Huge, Seemingly Unfixable Ping Spikes: I usually have a relatively stable ping of around 15-30ms whenever using my PC, but in the last week or so, this weird problem has popped up that causes my ping to spike in the thousands. I've tried everything. I've ran SFC scans and DISM, I've updated and downgraded the...