Windows 10: Seems better than ever

Discus and support Seems better than ever in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The problem-free performance of my Win11 has always been very good... fast, snappy & smooth. But I swear since moving to 22H2 it is or seems to be even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Drew1903, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Seems better than ever

The problem-free performance of my Win11 has always been very good... fast, snappy & smooth. But I swear since moving to 22H2 it is or seems to be even more so... I do not believe I am imagining it be even quicker & more responsive than ever after moving to 22H2. Has anyone else noticed this sort of apparent performance improvement?Cheers,Drew

:)

Drew1903, Oct 3, 2022

2. What kind of quad.

I suspect you are at "the edge" of the power rating for the mainboard. Perhaps Q6600 wasnt listed due to TWO versions, C3 stepping at 105W and G0 stepping at 95W. Furthermore, if you OC the G0 Q6600 then it will use more than 95W. Since Q9300 is on a 1333 buss, then perhaps the BIOS doesnt give you scope to OC it, keeping it well withing the 95W envelope.

My suggestion is, if the mainboard is important to you and you dont want to blow the power regulators or caps, to NOT OC the Q6600. Take the thing out of design spec (by OC'ing it) and you may very well rapidly reduce the half-life of your board.

Also, as erocker suggests, there are 65W quads out now. I think those are better suited to this mainboard.

Good luck.

lemonadesoda, Oct 3, 2022
  3. Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 3, 2022
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Seems better than ever

Trackpad Scrolling Problems In Creators Update

Hi,

For us to better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried performing the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you still perform a System Restore?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

Seems better than ever

1. Seems better than ever - Similar Threads - Seems better ever

2. is cortana better than alexa

in Cortana
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  3. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  4. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Seems better than ever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seems better than ever: The problem-free performance of my Win11 has always been very good... fast, snappy & smooth. But I swear since moving to 22H2 it is or seems to be even more so... I do not believe I am imagining it be even quicker & more responsive than ever after moving to 22H2. Has anyone...
  6. Anything better than VMWare Workstation?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Anything better than VMWare Workstation?: I thought it's the best, I tried it the other day and found it not very user friendly. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to access files that are on my computer in the VM and even the drag/drop file function didn't work as it had a stop sign sign Is there a better...
  7. PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE ?: From FIRST INSTALLTION of any particular version of Windows, or other amenable operating system, use AOMEI Partition Assistant to copy the Partition, or Migrate the Operating System, to another drive. If, at some future occasion, your system acquires mysterious problems that...
  8. Microsoft: device driver quality is better than ever

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: device driver quality is better than ever: Microsoft revealed last month that the Windows 10 update quality improved a lot since the release of the operating system in July 2015. The article was published as part of a series of articles to improve transparency in regards to updates for Windows. Michael Fortin,...
  9. Microsoft: update quality is better than ever

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: update quality is better than ever: The past six weeks have not been pleasant for Microsoft. The company released the October 2018 Update in early October and had to pull it -- Microsoft called it pause -- to deal with data loss bugs and other issues that plagued the millions of users that installed the update...
  10. Windows 10 Maps updates make inking better than ever

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Maps updates make inking better than ever: On the Maps team, we are always working to improve the maps experience and deliver more than a simple tool to get you where you need to go. We want to help you discover the world around you and deliver the best personal map and navigation experiences so you can get there your...