Windows 10: Seems like explorer.exe is failing to load properly at boot.

Discus and support Seems like explorer.exe is failing to load properly at boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello TenForums.com, So.... Ever since formatting my PC with Windows 10 1703, I've been getting this weird issue with what seems to be explorer.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SlackerITGuy, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Seems like explorer.exe is failing to load properly at boot.

Hello TenForums.com,

So.... Ever since formatting my PC with Windows 10 1703, I've been getting this weird issue with what seems to be explorer.exe failing to load correctly at boot time. The PC boots, gets to the desktop just fine but the taskbar shows none of my apps icons (pinned or in the notification area) just completely empty, all it shows is the start button, and I can't click on it, nothing works, the taskbar is just dead, just like when there's a explorer.exe crash.

Only a restart fixes it, the really annoying part is that it probably happens around 50 percent of the time I boot my PC.

.iso was downloaded directly from Microsoft's update assistant or whatever its called.

My specs:

• Z77 Extreme4 (2.90M BIOS)
    • 8GB DDR3 RAM
    • 128GB SSD as my main drive with a 500GB HDD as my secondary drive
    • Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury
    • Windows 10 Pro (10563.138)

:)

SlackerITGuy, Apr 13, 2017
  2. charlesxw Win User

Failure to surf internet on my Nokia C2-03

I tried to delete the application which is located in apps and game and then installed with nokia suite for a fresh copy of nokia browser, but it also failed to work properly..

Seem like it's the nokia browser contain bug or what, my ovi store also can't open properly after the new nokia browser is installed..After I opened the ovi store, it just shown that loading symbol there, but after wait for more than 15 minutes, it also with
    the same loading condition...

charlesxw, Apr 13, 2017
  3. File Explorer stopped working,

Just an update.

With Expresscache disabled my machine has been perfect for the last 5 days.

If you are using a hybrid HDD you are probably using Expresscache to manage the small SSD.

Consider to disable it and see if your problems go away.

If I formatted the SSD cache my booting/explorer.exe problems would go away until whatever problem software that was being loaded on the cache was put back by Expresscache. Then I would get boot looping and hang ups on the explorer.exe again.

So unless you have a version of Expresscache specifically certified to work with Win 10 consider to dump Expresscache.

Getting an SSD to replace your HDD seems to be the way to go then to get the speed back. As a bonus the SSD from the hybrid drive is still likely on you motherboard and you can use it for something like the pagefile.

Mark.William.Kennedy, Apr 13, 2017
  4. lmaneke Win User

Seems like explorer.exe is failing to load properly at boot.

Did you do an upgrade from the Anniversary update to the Creators update, or did you do a clean install of Windows?

When I did the upgrade from Version 1607 to 1703, it bricked my system. The BCD got corrupted, and once I got it back up and running, I had tons of driver issues, including the issue you state.

I have an ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0, with the AMD FX 6300 with 8 GB Gskill RAM. I had to do a clean install of Windows to fix my issues.

I had upgraded 2 other PCs to Windows 10 1703 from 1607, and had no issues. Those are both AMD FX systems as well.

Makes me wonder if a clean install would fix your issue, unless this is a clean install, then I'm wondering if it is driver issues. The z77 chipset is not officially supported for Windows 10 "z97 and above", but many have stated they have had no issues with Windows 10 on z77 chipsets.

I had Windows 10 on an old AM2+ motherboard with the nforce 750a southbridge, and unfortunately, the Creators update removed support for AM2+ processors, as I cannot get into upgrade to Windows 10 1703 as it says the processor is unsupported.

Hopefully your issue gets fixed. Like I said, a clean install fixed my issue, but, 1703 has tons of issues 1607 didn't have, and it's simple things like .Net framework failing to install due to the system thinking it's still the insider preview, and it was a pain to get my Microsoft account added back on as explorer kept crashing.

MS better get on the ball on fixing this update. So far, it's junk in my opinion, yet its stable.

My thoughts, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

lmaneke, Apr 13, 2017
  5. Sorry for the delay.

This is on a complete clean install. Downloaded the .iso via the Microsoft Upgrade Assistant.

It's a very strange issue for sure, this doesn't happen on my secondary PC which is also on a platform not officially supported (AMD AM2+).

SlackerITGuy, Apr 16, 2017
  6. lmaneke Win User
    This is sad really.

Although it looks like the newest update helped with some issues "1703 15063.138" But there appears to be a couple bugs not sorted out, which it appears Microsoft is working on the issues and going to release updates within the next few weeks.

I won't be surprised if the update gets pulled from update servers and the media creation tool till these issues are fixed.

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Seems like explorer.exe is failing to load properly at boot.

1. Seems like explorer.exe is failing to load properly at boot. - Similar Threads - Seems explorer exe

2. Why does my windows explorer not load properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my windows explorer not load properly: I have been having the same problem for the last few weeks and I can't find a permanent solution.I will have the situation where windows explorer will stop responding and will try to restart over and over. I will see the desktop icons and my wallpaper. The taskbar will...
  3. Why does my windows explorer not load properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my windows explorer not load properly: I have been having the same problem for the last few weeks and I can't find a permanent solution.I will have the situation where windows explorer will stop responding and will try to restart over and over. I will see the desktop icons and my wallpaper. The taskbar will...
  4. Why does my windows explorer not load properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Explorer not loading properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer not loading properly: Hi, I am currently facing issues with my Windows Explorer whereby it doesn't load properly. The bar will remain green for very long and my file icons do not show. I would like to request for help on how I should go about resolving this issue. Last I remember when my Windows...
  6. I can't update my windows. It seems to load like this but doesn't load :/

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't update my windows. It seems to load like this but doesn't load :/: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/oi8pbpeffaj61.png?width=1046&format=png&auto=webp&s=dba2df2dcb6aa0d07e1dbe0b9d4e6475eefedbe8 submitted by /u/onurerdogaNN [link] [comments]...
  7. Thumbnails not loading properly in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not loading properly in Windows Explorer: Hello, My thumbnails recently haven't been loading properly. I attached some pictures to show what they look like. For some folders, the thumbnails are just blank white pictures, and for other folders, the thumbnails are just blank black spaces. How can I fix this? I...
  8. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  9. File explorer fails to run properly sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer fails to run properly sometimes: Hello, Since about 5-7 months ago, when I was returning to do my work, my lock screen didn't respond at all. I had to force shut down my device to restart the whole laptop. Then, about a couple of weeks ago, it happened again while I had tabs open, and the Start and some...
  10. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...
Tags: